Saskatchewan immigration office announced the Canada Express Entry program, and the International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan stream is presently inviting 1000 applications for skilled workers who would like to live and work in Saskatchewan.
The program is opened to immigration applicants from outside Canada or those with legal status in Canada to apply, as long as they have not a claimed status as a refugee.
To qualify for the Canada Express Entry program, an applicant must observe the following process:
- Complete a Canada Express Entry profile, and have a job seeker validation code.
- Provide matching language test results from a valid, designated testing agency.
- Score at least 60 points out of 100 on the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP).
- Provide proof of a valid plan for settlement and have sufficient available funds.
- Have at least one year of qualifying post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship resulting in a diploma, certificate, or degree.
Entrants are expected to also meet at least one of the following work experience requirements:
- One year of work experience during the past 10 years in a skilled profession (non-trades).
- Two years of work experience during the past five years in a skilled trade.
- One year of work experience in Canada in the past three years (trades and non-trades).
- Have work experience in a high-skilled occupation in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). 0, A or B are considered in demand in Saskatchewan.