If you intend to further your studies at Humber, you should also consider knowing about Humber College scholarships, Canada, so as to support yourself financially.
Humber College is a public College of Applied Arts and Technology that was founded in 1967.
Based in Toronto, Canada, Humber College offers over 200 full-time programs across various studies, including diplomas, bachelor’s degrees, and postgraduate programs.
Furthermore, Humber College has three (3) different campuses, namely North campus, Orangeville campus, as well as Lakeshore campus.
Additionally, Humber College has more than 265,000 graduates, which are made up of both Canadian and international students.
Humber College offers full and partial renewable tuition scholarships for new international undergraduate students who will be beginning classes in September 2021.
Interested students should hurry and apply for the Humber College Scholarships as applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
The Humber college scholarships will be applied toward the successful students’ tuition fees.
Scholarships can be renewed but the student will have to maintain a minimum average of 75% in order to be eligible for renewal.
The institution offers a wide range of courses across so many programs for both local and international students.
It is one of the top best universities in Canada. Students of the institution get jobs upon graduation. The institution welcomes international students who wish to study in Canada.
Table of Contents
Humber College Faculties
Faculties at Humber College include;
- Health Sciences & Wellness
- Applied Sciences & Technology
- Media & Creative Arts
- Social & Community Services
- Liberal Arts & Sciences and Innovative Learning
Humber College Programs
Humber College has 200+ full-time programs, which includes;
- Acting for Film and Television
- Advanced Chocolate and Confectionery Artistry
- Advertising Copywriting
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Arborist Apprenticeship
- Architectural Technology
- Art Foundation
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Programming and Analysis
- Culinary Management
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Esthetician/Spa Management
- Fashion Management
- Financial Planning
- Game Programming
- Graphic Design for Print and Web
- Health Sector Regulatory Compliance
- Hospitality – Event Management
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology Solutions
- Insurance Management – Property and Casualty
- International Development
- Marketing Management
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Music, Introduction to Commercial Jazz Music
- Network Cabling Specialist Apprenticeship
- Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion
- Project Management
- Protection, Security, and Investigation
- Public Relations
- Recreation and Leisure Services
- Sport Business Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Energy and Building Technology
- Tourism – Travel Services Management
- Transfer Service Sales Representative
- Urban Arboriculture – Tree Care
- Web Development
- Wireless Telecommunications, and so forth.
Admission requirements at Humber College in Toronto, Canada
- a valid passport
- Transcripts for any completed post-secondary degree/program
- Letter of intent
Test scores of a valid English proficiency:
Humber College accepts a vast number of English language proficiency test results from its international applicants. These include;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Cambridge English tests
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test
- Michigan English Test (MET)
- Pearson Test of English, Academic (PTE Academic)
- Duolingo Language Test
- Humber English for Academic Purposes (EAP) certificate program
Humber College scholarships, Canada
It is common for Humber College to offer scholarships to students that we’re able to meet their scholarship eligibility requirements.
The following are Humber College’s scholarships for international students
- International Entrance Scholarships
- Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships
- Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships for English for Academic Purposes (EAP) graduates
International Entrance Scholarships
Humber College International Entrance Scholarships are open to their newly-admitted international students in May, September, and January.
If you are awarded this scholarship, a sum of “CAD $2,000” will be deducted from your total tuition fees for your first study year at Humber College.
Additionally, Humber College International Entrance Scholarships is awarded per term to 10 undergraduate and 10 graduate international students who have just been admitted to Humber.
As an international student of Humber College, this scholarship is available to you if you’re undergoing study in Graduate Certificate, Diploma, or in Advanced Diploma.
Furthermore, you’ll be required to demonstrate high academic performance before you can be considered eligible for Humber College International Entrance Scholarships.
Eligibility requirements of Humber College International Entrance Scholarships
You are required to satisfy the following requirements so as to become eligible for Humber College International Entrance Scholarships.
- Firstly, you must have a Grade Point Average of at least 85%.
- You need a minimum International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test score of 6.5, or its equivalent in Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Duolingo Language Test, or senior high school grade in English.
- More so, you are required to pay full tuition fees in order to make the scholarship amount to be available in your student account after ten days of attending lectures.
- Besides, Humber College International Entrance Scholarships is usually paid out to the student account in two installments for the first two semesters.
- In addition, you are considered eligible if you received your LOA and made a confirmation before the “30th May 2021 for the semester starting on September 2021”, or on the “30th September 2021 for the semester commencing on January 2022”.
Moreover, your scholarship application should include the following;
- Your Humber College’s student identification number
- Two (2) reference letters
- Confirmed Letter of Acceptance (LOA) for a full-time program for the appropriate term
- Self-statement of interest, which is expected to contain your Grade Point Average (GPA)
Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships for Humber international students
These scholarships are ideal for international students that are entering Humber College directly from a high school or secondary school.
More so, there are several kinds of Bachelor’s Degree scholarships for students, with scholarship amounts ranging from CAD $1,500 to CAD $4,000.
Furthermore, Bachelor’s Degree scholarships is automatically awarded to students that are about to graduate from high school with high academic performance.
Moreover, this scholarship is not open to you if you are a transfer student. Thus, you must not have studied at a college/university, or in Humber College’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program.
|Required Grade Point Average (GPA) in %||Scholarship Renewability|
|$4,000||95 & above||Renewable|
|$3,500||90 to 94.9||Renewable|
|$3,000||85 to 89.9||Renewable|
|$2,000||80 to 84.9||Renewable|
|$1,500||75 to 79.9||Only renewable for once|
Hence, Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships are usually renewed if you scored at least 80% per year of your Bachelor’s degree.
Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships for English for Academic Purposes (EAP) graduates
This scholarship is open to Humber College graduates of the EAP program.
Besides, recipients of Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships for EAP Graduates are usually offered a financial aid of CAD $1,500, which cannot be renewed.
Eligibility requirements of Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships for EAP graduates
- Firstly, you must be a graduate of the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program at Humber College. Also, you must be applying for a Bachelor’s degree program.
- Secondly, you are required to have a minimum Grade Point Average of 80% in Level 8.
External awards, bursaries, and scholarships available to Humber College students
As a student of Humber College, you can also apply for other financial aids funded by external sources like the government, companies, community organizations, etc.
Besides, these awards, bursaries, and scholarships have different criteria and are awarded to students with varying amounts.
Examples of these external awards, bursaries, and scholarships are as follows.
- 3M National Student Fellowship
- Alliance International – Engineering Scholarship Program
- Association of GIS Professionals Student Bursary
- Black Foundation of Community Networks Scholarships
- Canadian Hard Of Hearing Association Scholarships
- CBD Movers Scholarship
- Children’s Aid Foundation Scholarship
- Cityline Scholarship for BIOPOC Women
- Community Living Walkerton and District Educational Bursary
- Copnick/Hilliard Scholarship
- Dalton Camp Award (Friends of Canadian Broadcasting)
- Dick Martin Scholarship (Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety)
- DRI Canada Student Award
- EDC International Business Scholarship
- Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) Electrical Industry Scholarships
- Federation of Chinese Canadian Professionals (Ontario) Education Foundation
- Graphic Web Design Scholarship Program
- Gulab Oils Excellence Accounting Scholarship Program Undergraduate
- Hamilton Community Foundation Scholarships
- Human Resource Development Scholarship Program
- Hydro One Scholarships
- IODE Ontario Lucy Morrison Bursary
- Job-Applications.ca Working Parent College Scholarship Program
- Kin Canada Bursaries
- Lincoln M. Alexander Award
- NEADS Equity Through Education Award
- North American Van Lines Logistics Scholarship
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program
- Ontario Scholarship for Students with Hydrocephalus and/or Spina Bifida
- OPAF Student Scholarship & Bursaries
- Parking Solutions Scholarship – Parking BOXX
- Pavey Law LLP Scholarship Program
- Pink Pearl Scholarship
- Pipeline Contractors Association of Canada Student Award Program
- Preszler Law Firm Car Accident Scholarship
- Progressive Automations Inc. Annual Scholarship Program
- Project Hero Scholarships
- Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre Scholarships
- Sarah Gaulin Memorial Scholarship
- Scadding Court Community Centre – Investing in our Diversity Scholarship, and so on.
FAQs about Humber College scholarships, Canada
Q. What is Humber College’s application fee for international students?
Ans – CAD $75.
Q. Are international students accepted at Humber College?
Ans – Yes, Humber College is a reputable institution that receives applications and offers admissions to international students from over 138 countries.
Q. What is Humber College application processing time?
Ans – Humber College requires its applicants to wait for about 2 to 3 weeks as its processing time for applications.
Q. What do I need to know about Humber College scholarships?
- Firstly, Humber College scholarships for international students are non-refundable and nontransferable.
- Secondly, you are expected to have received a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from Humber College.
- Besides, Humber College sends a notification to students who have been awarded a scholarship.
- Ultimately, decisions made by Humber College on scholarships are non-negotiable.
Q. How do I apply for Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships at Humber College?
Ans – There’s no way to apply for Humber College Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships as it is automatically awarded to students based on their academic achievements.