The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is offering international Fellowships to women who are not citizens of American or permanent residents to pursue a full-time study or research in the United States. The AAUW International Fellowships supports both Graduates and postgraduates studies at accredited institutions. International women who are interested are strongly advised to send in their application as late registration will not be processed. Cognizance will be given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic community or professional work.
AAUW International Fellowships For Women In USA
The Fellowships will take place in Accredited US institution. To be eligible for the award, interested candidates must meet the eligibility criteria which are:
- Must be a citizen of other countries other than US or must have a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the US
- Applicant must hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by 15 November 2019
- Applicant must be willing to commit herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Must be willing to return to her home country to pursue a professional career
- Must be proficient in English. Unless the applicant can demonstrate that her native language is English (written statement will be required), that she received her secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution (transcript required), or that she have completed one semester of full-time study in her discipline at an English-speaking college or university between November 2017 and November 2019 (transcript required), she must upload a recent ETS TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score (no older than November 2017). Please note that, Institutional TOEFL scores and other English proficiency test scores (like IELTS) is not acceptable. Minimum score acceptable: 550 for Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT); 79 for Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT); 60 for Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by 15 November 2019, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and the name of the institution must be indicated in the International Fellowship application.
Must provide transcript which must include applicant’s full name, school name, all courses, grades as well as any other information required in the application.
Please visit the official webpage for detailed information on this scholarship/fellowship
Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000
Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000
Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000
Applications as well as the submission of supporting documents must be done online. The application deadline for 2020-2021 is 15 November 2019.
15 Nov 2019 (annual)
Study in: USA
Next course starts July 2020