In this article
- ABOUT ABM COLLEGE
- ABM PROGRAMS AND COURSES
- HEALTHCARE PROGRAMS
- BUSINESS PROGRAMS
- TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMS
- CERTIFICATE & TRAINING COURSES
- PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- STUDY VISA REQUIREMENTS
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST REQUIREMENTS
- CANCELLING YOUR APPLICATION
- ABM COLLEGE TUITION
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE TO ABM COLLEGE
- WORK-STUDY AT ABM
- POSTGRADUATE WORK PERMIT
- FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS AT ABM
- Government Student Loans
- Student Lines of Credit
- ABM SCHOLARSHIPS
- ALEXANDER RUTHERFORD HIGH SCHOOL ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP
- FAQ About ABM College Of Business And Technology
ABOUT ABM COLLEGE
ABM College is a career-oriented college, which has its main campuses in both Calgary, Alberta, and North York, Province of Ontario, Canada.
In addition, it undertakes online programs that equip you with the cutting edge skills necessary to land you your desire hire. ABM College programs are licensed by the Ministry of Career Colleges and Universities in Alberta and Ontario.
The institution offers courses in Health Care, Business, and Technology, which lead to certification or diploma after graduation. Meanwhile, enrolled students receive a combination of applied in-class training, lab simulations, and practicum experience.
ABM also provides virtual classroom learning alternative instruction. All programs are taught either digitally, traditionally, or a blend of both, the college receives year-round monthly intakes, courses are offered during the day, evenings, or on weekends. In addition, ABM provides Students with employment services, career counseling, and preparation, with other support and resources to ensure their career success.
ABM PROGRAMS AND COURSES
Certification & Training Courses
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Addictions and Community Service Worker Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant and Unit Clerk Diploma
- Pharmacy Assistant Diploma
- Massage Therapy Diploma
- Health Care Aide Certificate
- Legal Assistant Diploma
- Education Assistant Diploma
- Administrative Assistant Diploma
- Accounting and Payroll Administration Diploma
- Business Administration Diploma
- Help Desk Analyst Diploma
- Mobile App Developer Diploma
- Digital Marketing Diploma
- Web Design and Development Diploma
- Graphic Design Diploma
- Network Administrator Diploma
CERTIFICATE & TRAINING COURSES
- CPR and First Aid Training
PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Aspiring students are required to fulfill the admission requirements for their chosen program before admission can be granted. As an international student applying for an ABM College program, you must meet the program-specific admission requirements, in addition to the international student qualifications, before being accepted for admission.
Please visit the link: for full details on specific admission requirements.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- An international student by definition is anyone who is not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- You must obtain a valid Student Visa from the Canadian government.
- A qualifying student must have at least a secondary school graduate or Grade 12 equivalent level of education.
- Qualifying students must be at least 18 years old prior to applying.
STUDY VISA REQUIREMENTS
It is advised that international students apply as early as possible, this is because Student Visas often require several months to be obtained.
Immediately, you receive your official Letter of Acceptance from ABM College, you can start your application for a Student Visa with the Canadian government. In order to obtain your Study Visa and/or Temporary Resident Visa, you are advised to visit the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate.
For more information on study visas please visit: Canada Study Visa Requirements And Permit Processing Time – WorkStudyVisa
- A valid passport
- Completed Application Form
- Attested copy of academic transcripts; from secondary school onwards
- 2 copies of a recent photograph (passport size and format)
- Valid English Language test score
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of language proficiency in English. You must provide a copy of your official test results designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to ABM College.
- You must meet the minimum English Eligibility Requirement. Unless otherwise stated by the specific program.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST REQUIREMENTS
Note that an English test score is only valid for the maximum period of 1 year. Underlisted is the acceptable proof for ELP:
- IELTS Academic total band score 6.0
- CLBA 7 in each strand
- TOEFL Internet-based test score 70 (overall score) PBT:560
- CAEL score of 60
- Pearson Academic (PTE) of 54
Important Notice: Your transcripts and educational credential equivalencies may be asked to undergo assessment through International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) or World Education Services (WES).
CANCELLING YOUR APPLICATION
Should you wish to cancel your pending application for any reason please make sure to notify the ABM College Registrar. However, If you choose to cancel your application after you must have accepted an offer of admission, your application fees will be non-refundable.
Nevertheless, If tuition fees are already paid before your class begins, tuition fees will be eligible for a refund.
ABM COLLEGE TUITION
ABM College puts in much effort to provide quality education while still ensuring that tuition costs remain as low as possible and among the most affordable for private colleges in Canadian.
|APPROXIMATE TOTAL COST (CAD)
|Accounting & Payroll Administration
|Addictions & Community Support Worker
|Administrative Assistant Diploma
|Business Administration Diploma
|Digital Marketing Diploma
|Education Assistant Diploma
|Graphic Design Diploma
|Health Care Aide Certificate
|Help Desk Analyst Diploma
|Legal Assistant Diploma
|Massage Therapy Diploma (2 Years)
|44 Weeks & 46 Weeks
|$13,000 (per year)
|Medical Office Assistant & Unit Clerk Diploma
|Mobile App Developer Diploma
|Network Administrator Diploma
|Pharmacy Assistant Diploma
|Web Design & Development Diploma
APPLICATION PROCEDURE TO ABM COLLEGE
STEP 1: Apply to ABM College
- Fill out an International Student Application Form, and submit it online.
- Upon receiving your letter of acceptance from ABM College, the next step is to use it to obtain your study permit/visa and fill other travel documents.
STEP 3: GET YOUR VISA / STUDY PERMIT
- You are expected to visit the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate to obtain your study permit and/or your temporary resident visa.
STEP 4: ARRANGE FOR TRAVEL TO CANADA
- Your travel to and within Canada is solely your responsibility; including your living, accommodations, transportation, arrival, and other important logistics.
Important Notice: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) advise international students to prepare for their trip to study in Canada by reviewing the entry requirements to Canada and applying as soon as possible for your study permit.
Also, it has been instituted since July 31, 2018, that you will need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) as you make your application for a Canadian study permit if you are from Europe, the Middle East, or Africa.
WORK-STUDY AT ABM
International students, who meet the eligibility requirements, may be able to work on or off-campus without a work permit for:
- 20hrs or less per week within a normal academic session (part-time)
- More than 20hrs per week during normally scheduled holidays from the academic session (full time)
However, all international students who are enrolled in the programs below are not eligible to work with a study permit:
- All Language programs (such as English or French as a Second Language)
- Academic upgrading coursework (such as secondary education equivalency)
- Coursework, which does not grant a certificate, diploma, or degree
- Academic, vocational, or professional training program, which awards a degree, diploma, or certificate, however, less than 6 months in duration
POSTGRADUATE WORK PERMIT
According to Canadian Government regulations, students in private career colleges are not automatically eligible for a post-graduate work permit.
Visit here to see the full eligibility requirements for more information.
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS AT ABM
Government Student Loans
The Governments of Canada, Alberta, and Ontario grants loans to eligible students. Nevertheless, the assistance often varies with regards to individual circumstances, government student loans ensure that every eligible student receives financial aid for his/her education.
Should you choose to sponsor your education through student loans, be aware that it is the policy of ABM to apply all loan payments toward satisfying your tuition balance until all costs are paid, while the remainder is released to the student.
Student Lines of Credit
These are available to full-time and part-time students who are in need of assistance in financing their studies. This, however, is different from traditional loans, as you are allowed to borrow money per your need, and interest is charged only on the amount used.
Many major banking institutions grant student lines of credit. Nonetheless, eligibility criteria, such as; credit rating, net worth etcetera, the amount loaned, and the interest rate often varies from institution to institution.
ALEXANDER RUTHERFORD HIGH SCHOOL ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP
Description: Named in honor of Alexander Rutherford, who was Alberta’s first Premier and Minister of Education. known for his ardent support of public education, particularly the University of Alberta, alongside his active participation in community affairs.
Purpose: In recognition and reward of academic achievement of senior high school students, to encourage them to pursue post-secondary education.
Scholarship Value: Up to $2,500
Eligibility: Availability of official high school transcript marks, and full-time enrollment in post-secondary studies.
Additional eligibility criteria:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible).
- An Alberta resident
- Completed high school on or after September 30, 1980.
- Enrolled in a full course load in a post-secondary or apprenticeship program with a minimum of one semester in length.
Scholarship Frequency: The Alexander Rutherford scholarship is awarded once.
Deadlines: Application is online, as your official high school marks become available, in addition to been enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies.
Disbursement: Immediately, your admission or attendance has been confirmed by your institution, Alberta Student Aid will thereafter, mail a cheque to you within a month.
Visit the link for more information on scholarships eligible ABM students can apply to Scholarships | Alberta Student Aid
FAQ About ABM College Of Business And Technology
Q. Does ABM College provide financial aid to international students?
ANS: Yes, financial aid is provided to all eligible students, in addition to dedicated team kin to help you through the financial assistance process. You may happen to be eligible for funding you never knew existed.