Keyano College is a post-secondary college located in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. The college offers specialized training to more than 2100 full-time students and over 13,000 part-time students.
The school is open to both foreign and non-foreign students with facilities such as on-campus accommodation, school hospital, library, gym, sports facilities, and WiFi made available.
The cost of living in Keyano College is moderate at about $1,100 to about $1,500 per month while the sum total of all fees to be paid by students per semester is around $6,000.
In addition, the school offers financial aid to its students which includes discounts and total scholarships.
In this article
- Keyano College Courses
- Keyano College Application Requirements for International Students
- Application Requirements for Admission as an International Student at Keyano College
- Keyano College Application Process for International Students
- Co-op Work Permit at Keyano College
- Eligibility For Study At Keyano College, Canada
- Health Insurance for International Students at Keyano College, Canada
Keyano College Courses
Since its establishment in 1965 at Fort McMurray, Canada, the college has tutored lots of graduates with qualifications ranging from certifications, diplomas, as well as university degrees which include Bachelors and Masters.
Some of the popular courses and programs offered are:
- Art and Design
- Business Administration
- Canada English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
- Health Studies
- Practical Nursing
- Project Management
- Spanish Language, etc
Students who have been offered admission at Keyano College can also apply for other programs and incentives provided by the school such as:
- Credit Programs
- Continuing Education Programs
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Scholarships and Bursaries
Also, the school offers work and study as well as Co-op options for students. Students who study at Keyano College in certain disciplines can also successfully apply for transfer to the University of Calgary, University of Lethbridge, or MacEwan University.
Keyano College Application Requirements for International Students
As a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) eligible to accept and enroll international students on a study permit, Keyano College tuition fees for an international student is very affordable, and foreign students find it easy to settle down early enough.
This is made possible through the friendly environment that welcomes students from diverse cultures and the willingness of instructors to help.
Keyano College students can also receive a credit of $500 for every international student they refer.
It is recommended that international students begin the admissions process at least six months prior to the program start date, due to the lengthy process of acquiring a student permit.
Keyano College has a Calendar that involves a fall semester and a winter semester.
- The application and document deadline for the fall semester is May 1.
- Application and document deadline for the winter semester is September 1.
As you read down this content, you will find the admission process and requirements for international students at Keyano College carefully explained so you can readily find your way around.
Application Requirements for Admission as an International Student at Keyano College
- The Keyano College online application form
- $100.00 non-refundable application fee
- English Language proficiency results
- Clear and legible international educational credentials or certificates and final examination results beginning with the final year of secondary school. Certified official documents are required. Upon request, documents from overseas will be photocopied and originals returned to the applicant.
- Credentials showing a previous diploma or degree if applicable
- An *International Qualification Assessment Service assessment of certified official documents may be required after an initial review of your submitted documents by the Keyano College Admissions Board.
- Any other document your choice Keyano College program requires
Admission to Keyano College is open to individuals who are 18 years and above and who meet the basic admission requirements for the programs of their choosing.
Applicants who do not meet the age requirement, but have a high school diploma and meet program admission requirements will require approval from the Registrar before they can proceed to apply.
Keyano College Application Process for International Students
All the required documents listed above including the application form and the application fee may be submitted by mail, fax, or in person.
The $100.00 non-refundable application fee per program must be paid when submitting your application. Applications received without payment will not be processed.
Mail your Application to:
Keyano College Admissions
Office of the Registrar
8115 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 2H7
Since Keyano College is a post-secondary institution, you can also submit your application through the Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS).
Your initial application will have to be reviewed first before it will be determined if you need an International Qualification Assessment Service.
If an assessment service is required for your documents, you can reach out to the concerned protocols through:
International Qualification Assessment Service (IQAS)
9th Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 – 108 Street,
Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5K 2J5
Phone: (780) 427-2655
Fax: (780) 422-9734
Co-op Work Permit at Keyano College
As an innovative institution of training, some of the programs at Keyano College have a compulsory work-integrated aspect.
This could mean going on a practicum or co-op at some point during your schooling process.
International students who will be needing to do a practicum or co-op are therefore required to obtain a co-op work permit from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) before they go on the practicum.
Applying for a co-op work permit requires the college to give you a letter confirming that you need to do some work or community service to finish up your program at the school. Some of the courses or programs that require a co-op work permit at Keyano College are:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Business Administration Management Diploma
- Early Learning and Child Care Program
- Educational Assist Program
- Office Administration
- Social Work Program
Eligibility For Study At Keyano College, Canada
You must obtain a valid study permit if you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada before you can immigrate to study at Keyano College, Canada.
To obtain your study permit you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a valid passport
- Applicant must have applied to Keyano College and receive your letter of acceptance
- Submit a completed application with the requested fees to the Canadian Embassy or to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in your country
- You must provide proof that you have enough money to pay for your tuition; living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada; return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- should be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate to attest to this.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada after your studies.
Note: International Students are not eligible for any of the following programs:
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Power Engineering Co-op
- Process Operations Co-op
- Health Care Aide
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Mechanical & Construction Trades Preparation (MCTP)
- Power Engineering: CML (with the exception of CNRL)
- Pre-Employment Programs
Health Insurance for International Students at Keyano College, Canada
Applicants are advised to subscribe to the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) as soon as they arrive in Canada. You may also decide to subscribe to some form of private insurance or the other at your own cost.
This is because you will need an Alberta Health Care Identification Card, Blue Cross Card, or another private insurance plan identification card to access the free health care system. Students who are not insured will have to pay for all healthcare services they receive.
If you are authorized to stay in Canada for 12 months or longer, it is very important that you register with AHCIP.
You will be eligible to apply and to receive coverage on the date of your arrival and you must register within the first 3 months of your arrival in Canada.
A copy of your Study Permit and /or your Temporary Resident Visa will be required of you to apply for AHCIP.
AHCIP pays for services provided by Physicians (doctors) and oral surgeons. It also pays a portion of the cost of treatment provided by optometrists, chiropractors, podiatrists, and physical therapists. It does not pay for naturopaths, or for medication or ambulance services.
FAQs About Admission Requirements At Keyano College
Q. How do I Apply to Keyano College?
Ans. You can apply online to Keyano College through the school’s website or apply through Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS)/ApplyAlberta and choose Keyano College as your choice institution.
If you wish to apply for more than one program, you will have to submit an application for each of the programs.
For every application, a non-refundable application fee of $54 for indigenous students or $100 for international students applies.
Q. Is Keyano College a Public or Private School?
Ans. Keyano College Canada is a public school.
Q. Is Keyano College a DLI?
Ans. Yes. Keyano College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). It readily admits international students from whom a study permit will be required.
Q. Do you Require IELTS to Study at Keyano College?
Ans. International students who wish to study at Keyano College are required to have taken a course in English Proficiency. This could be IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GRE, or other alternative qualifications.
Q. How much is Keyano College Application Fee for International Students?
Ans. International students who apply to study at Keyano College Canada must submit alongside their application letter and other required documents an application fee of approximately $100.