Keyano College is a post-secondary college located in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. The college offers specialized training to more than 2800 full-time students and over 13,000 part-time students. Admission Requirements At Keyano College has been explained to make the process very easy and less exhausting. Keyano College is a Designated Learning Institution eligible to accept and enrol international students on a study permit. See webpage for more details.
It is recommended that international students begin the admissions process at least six months prior to the program start date, due to the lengthy process of acquiring a student permit.
- The application and document deadline for the fall semester is May 1.
- The application and document deadline for the winter semester is September 1.
Admission to Keyano College is open to individuals who are 18 years and above and who meet the basic admission requirements for the programs of their choosing. Applicants who do not meet the age requirement, but have a high school diploma and meet program admission requirements will require approval from the Registrar in other to proceed.
How to Apply
Please include the following supporting documents with your application:
- Application Form
- Clear and legible international educational credentials or certificates and final examination results beginning with the final year of secondary school. Certified official documents are required. Upon request, documents from overseas will be photocopied and originals returned to the applicant.
- International Qualification Assessment Service assessment of certified official documents is recommended. After initial review by Keyano College Admissions, some applicants may be required to provide this assessment.
Assessment Services are available through:
International Qualification Assessment Service (IQAS)
- Copy of diploma/degree if applicable
- English Language proficiency results
- $100.00 non-refundable application fee
- Any other documents that are part of the admission requirements for a specific program
Applications may be submitted by mail, fax, in person, or through Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS), applyalberta.ca. The $100.00 non-refundable application fee per program must be paid when submitting your application. Applications received without payment will not be processed.
Keyano College Admissions
Office of the Registrar
8115 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 2H7
To be Eligible to Study in Canada
If you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada you must obtain a valid study permit before you immigrate to Canada.
To obtain your study permit you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a valid passport
- Applicant must have applied to Keyano College and receive your letter of acceptance
- Submit a completed application with the requested fees to the Canadian Embassy or to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in your country
- You must provide proof that you have enough money to pay for your:
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada after your studies.
Note: International Students are not eligible for the following programs:
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Power Engineering Co-op
- Process Operations Co-op
- Health Care Aide
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Mechanical & Construction Trades Preparation (MCTP)
- Power Engineering: CML (with the exception of CNRL)
- Pre-Employment Programs
Applicants are advised to subscribe to the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) as soon as they arrive in Canada. You will need an Alberta Health Care Identification Card, Blue Cross Card or another private insurance plan identification card to access the health care system.
Students authorized to stay in Canada for 12 months or longer are required to register with AHCIP. You will be eligible to apply and to receive coverage on the date of your arrival. You must register within 3 months of your arrival in Canada. A copy of your Study Permit and /or your Temporary Resident Visa will be required when you apply for AHCIP.
AHCIP pays for services provided by Physicians (doctors) and oral surgeons. It also pays a portion of the cost of treatment provided by optometrists, chiropractors, podiatrists, and physical therapists. It does not pay for naturopaths, or for medication or ambulance services.Share with friends