You need to consider the admission requirements at Lakeland College Alberta, Canada if you desire to study in one of the long-established Alberta higher education institutions.
Lakeland College was initially set up as Vermilion School of Agriculture (VSA) on 17 November 1913. Thus, it was later renamed Vermilion Agricultural & Vocational College in 1963, as well as to Vermilion College in 1970. Moreover, Vermilion College has renamed Lakeland College in 1975.
Besides, Lakeland College is a post-secondary institution based in Alberta, Canada, and currently has two (2) campuses in Vermilion and Lloydminster.
Additionally, Lakeland College has attained a longstanding reputation as the 3rd post-secondary institution founded in Alberta.
Furthermore, Lakeland College Alberta deals extensively in academics involving Agricultural Sciences, Business, Human Services, Health & Wellness, Trades Technology Pre-Employment, Energy Petroleum Technology, Environmental Sciences, Fire & Emergency Services, Interior Design, Trades & Technology Apprenticeship, Continuing Education, as well as University Transfer program.
Moreover, there is a number of financial aids available to Canadian and international students at Lakeland College Alberta.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why study at Lakeland College Alberta?
- 2 When are applications open in each academic term at Lakeland College Alberta, Canada?
- 3 Admission requirements at Lakeland College Alberta, Canada
- 4 Lakeland College job opportunities
Why study at Lakeland College Alberta?
Both Canadian and international students are able to gain advantage from their study at Lakeland College in numerous ways as follows.
- Firstly, Lakeland College residences avail comfort to students and are safe as well. It is outfitted with desks, beds, kitchen, free laundry services, common television, free Wi-Fi, etc.
- Secondly, you will enjoy access to several Lakeland College accessibility services for students
- Thirdly, Lakeland College tuition is one of the most affordable in Canada.
- Fourthly, you will be opportune to get a premium education. This is apparent in Lakeland College’s motto, which entails leading learning.
- Furthermore, Lakeland College aids students in fulfilling their desires through apprenticeship and study abroad programs.
- Lakeland College offers three (3) programs in French, which serves as an option if you are interested in the language
- More so, you can transfer your course credits to Lakeland College if you’ve previously attended a university or college.
- You have a wide range of study options to decide from Lakeland College programs such as 1-year certificate, applied degree, etc
- Lakeland College Vermilion and Lloydminster campuses avail a variety of facilities and services to its students such as Emergency Training Centre, alumni hall center, applied research, alumni house, cafeteria, daycare, equine center, career fair, pool, event services, GED test center, print shop, etc
- Besides, you will be able to develop new skills and gain experience through Lakeland College co-op programs, practicums, among others.
- Lakeland College is collaborated with many universities and colleges within Canada and overseas.
- Enhanced learning experience as a result of Lakeland College’s Work Integrated Learning (WIL), peer-led learning, as well as hands-on learning techniques.
- You can work on-campus or off-campus with a valid Canadian work permit (if applicable).
- The majority of Lakeland College graduates are satisfied with their studies at the institution, which has an influence on its reputation.
- Due to its reputation, Lakeland College has been attested to be capable of imparting vital knowledge and skills to its students.
- Lakeland College offers a wide range of student services, which includes nurse and health services, meals, bookstores, library services, parking, student associations, health and dental services, international department, campus walk & security services, and so on.
- Availability of recreation centers at Lakeland College Vermilion and Lloydminster campus.
- You will be able to learn within and outside Lakeland College classrooms as the post-secondary institution is committed to training students.
- Lakeland College Emergency Training Centre (ETC) is highly advanced and will help you in becoming an expert in fire and emergency services.
- You will receive training from well-versed instructors who specialize in various fields of study like fire and emergency services, etc.
- Moreover, many graduates have emerged from Lakeland College Alberta to date. Besides, these Lakeland College alumni are distinguished for various reasons. Some notable Lakeland College alumni include Jack Lewis, Rob Saunders, Dr. Arthur (Bud) McGinnis, Allan Shenfield, Margaret Page, Brian Keating, Jason Holtby, John Morris, Derek Dedman, Robert McLeod, Wendy Plandowski, Bill Fox, as well as Albert Miller.
When are applications open in each academic term at Lakeland College Alberta, Canada?
Lakeland College opens applications for student admissions at specified dates as indicated below.
- For Lakeland College Winter Term (January 2022 to April 2022): On 1 May 2021
- Lakeland College Fall Term 2022: On 1 Oct 2021
- Applied business degree in emergency services: 1 March 2021 for admission into Lakeland College in January 2022
- Firefighter Training Program (FFTP) 2022: On 16 August 2021
- Online 4th class power engineering for Fall 2021/Winter 2022: On 1 July 2021
- EST 2022: On 1 May 2021
However, you are advised to apply promptly for certain study programs like animal health technology.
Educational pathways at Lakeland College Alberta, Canada
Lakeland College Alberta provides a variety of educational pathways that is most likely to fulfill your academic needs.
The following are pathways available at Lakeland College.
- En ligne
- Online Learning
- Double Majors
- Dual Credit & CTS
- One-year Certificates
- Two-year Diploma
- Degree Completion Pathways
- 2 + 2 Options (Diploma to Degree)
- University Transfer
- Fire & Emergency Services Training
- Apprenticeship and Pre-employment
- Professional Development & Continuing Education.
Programs not offered to international students at Lakeland College Alberta, Canada
The following programs are unavailable to international students at Lakeland College.
- Health Care Aide
- Accounting Technician
- Petroleum Management
- Animal Health Technology
- 2nd class Power Engineering
- Fire Fighter Training
- All online Human Services programs
- American Sign Language and Deaf Studies
- Animal Science Technology: Equine Science major
- Environmental Science (Bachelor of Applied Science)
- Emergency Services (Bachelor of Applied Business)
- Apprenticeship and Pre-employment programs
- Veterinary Medical Assistant
- Community Mental Health
- Emergency Services Technology
- Environmental Sciences: Wildlife and Fisheries Conservation.
Documents and credentials required during Lakeland College admissions processes
You need the following documents and certificates while applying for international admission at Lakeland College, Alberta, Canada.
- A valid passport
2, High school certificate. You also need to make provision of your transcript of study, as International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) may need it.
- Test results of valid English language proficiency such as IELTS Academic, TOEFL, MET, DET, CAEL, PTE Academic, etc
Admission requirements at Lakeland College Alberta, Canada
Lakeland College admits students within and outside Canada, including from 20+ countries of the world. To become one of its bonafide students, you need to meet the admission requirements at Lakeland College Alberta, Canada.
Therefore, you are expected to take note and fulfill the following requirements to qualify for Lakeland College admissions.
- Firstly, you must have completed full-time studies in a renowned high school, university, or college that uses English as its official instruction language. Hence, you are required to have completed O’level, General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), or a 6-credit transferable English language or literature course at a university that makes use of English language as its language of instruction.
Lakeland College Alberta accepts a variety of English proficiency test results as stated below.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic: Overall score not below 6.0; No band less than 6.0
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Internet-Based Test (iBT) score not less than 78; No band less than 19
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Test: Minimum overall score of 60; No band below 55
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: Test score below 53; Not less than 50 in communication
- Duolingo English Test (DET): Least test score of 100; Each component not less than 95
- Michigan English Test (MET): Least score of 58 in all bands
Services and programs at Lakeland College Emergency Training Centre (ETC)
Lakeland College avails several emergency training services and programs from its ETC.
Below are the services and programs available at Lakeland College ETC.
- Corporate training services
- Applied business degree in emergency services
- Pre-professional programs
- Firefighter Training Program (FFTP)
- Emergency Services Technology (EST)
- Professional training
- Rescue training
- Comprehensive training for emergency response agencies
- Emergency services management and development of administrative skills
- Industrial, Municipal, as well as wildland firefighting
- Emergency preparedness for several industries, government entities, as well as municipalities
Lakeland College job opportunities
There are various career opportunities available at Lakeland College Alberta. Besides, Lakeland College has been awarded five (5) subsequent times as being among the top 75 employers in Alberta.
The following are job positions that may be open at Lakeland College.
- Horticultural Aide
- Junior Lifeguards
- Student Cashier
- Senior Lifeguards
- Game Day Worker
- Building Custodian
- Recruitment Advisor
- Services Representative
- Equipment Room Worker
- Security Representative
- Donor & Sponsor Associate
- Coordinator, Event Services
- International Student Support Coordinator
- Manager, Indigenous Support Services
- Instructor, Sustainable Energy Technology Program
- Laboratory Technician – Agriculture Technology Degree, and so on.
Ultimately, giving careful consideration to the admission requirements at Lakeland College Alberta, Canada can offer great help in making you become a student at ease.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the admission requirements at Lakeland College Alberta, Canada
Q. Where is Lakeland College located?
Ans – Lakeland College Vermilion Campus address:
5707 College Drive
Vermilion, AB, T9X 1K5
Lakeland College Lloydminster Campus address:
2602 59 Avenue
Lloydminster, AB, T9V 3N7
Q. How do I contact Lakeland College about international admissions?
Ans – Via email on [email protected]
Q. How much is Lakeland College tuition for international students?
Ans – Lakeland College’s international tuition fee is currently $14,795 Canadian Dollars per academic year. The tuition fee is subject to increase from May of Academic Year 2020/21
Q. How do I apply for Lakeland College admission as an international student?
Ans – Through applyalberta