If you intend to get first-class education from a Canadian post-secondary institution, you can consider meeting the admission requirements at Northern Light College, Canada to join its current students on campus.
Founded in 1975, Northern Lights College also known as Northern Lights and NLC got its name from the meaning of the prominent word, “Aurora Borealis”. Moreover, Northern Lights College is a public post-secondary institution with several campuses and access centres across British Columbia, Canada.
In addition, Northern Lights College campuses are located in Dawson Creek, Tumbler Ridge, Fort Nelson, Chetwynd, as well as in Fort St. John.
Northern Lights College also has access centres in Hudson’s Hope, Dease Lake, and Atlin. NLC holds membership with British Columbia (BC) Colleges, which consists of ten (10) additional colleges located in the Canadian province of British Columbia.
Furthermore, Northern Lights College admits students from various regions of the world, which makes it your best bet.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why study at Northern Lights College Canada?
- 2 Northern Lights College Programs of Study
- 3 Admission requirements at Northern Light College Canada
- 4 Northern Lights College Tuition For International Students
- 5 Admission Process at Northern Lights College Canada
- 6 Northern Lights College campus locations and contact information
Why study at Northern Lights College Canada?
You will gain vast value from your study when you are admitted into NLC.
The following are values you will gain from studying at Northern Light College, Canada
- Firstly, British Columbia has several benefits to offer to you regardless of if you are studying or working. BC is also secured and amiable to students. Moreover, Northern Lights College campus locations at Dawson Creek and Fort St John have an array of basic facilities and services like health, grocery stores, eateries, etc.
- Secondly, Northern Light College staff and faculty are warm and committed to serving its students.
- Thirdly, NLC has numerous study programs open for enrolment. Thus, you can apply for certificates, Advanced Certificate, Diploma programs, University Transfer, as well as Post-Degree Diploma programs.
- Fourthly, the tuition fee of the NLC 2-year program is inexpensive compared to other British Columbia Colleges.
- More so, NLC housing for students is conducive to learning. You will be able to attain great comfort from the accommodation availed to students. Moreover, you can opt for homestays close to your Northern Lights College campus.
Other Benefits of Studying At Northern Light College, Canada
- Additionally, NLC classes are small-sized, which enhances your focus during instructions.
- Furthermore, many Canadian employers acknowledge NLC certificates and programs. They will not hesitate to employ you as their employee. Besides, you can apply for a part-time job upon arrival.
- BC Transfer system makes it possible for Northern Lights College students in particular programs to transfer into the 3rd year of an undergraduate degree program in a university/college.
- Also, you can partake in a variety of extracurricular activities like cultural events, recreational activities, cricket, camping, among others.
- Ultimately, the Northern Light College-Fort St John campus avails a fascinating full-time English program (English as a Second Language) for international students. Therefore, you are opportune to augment your English skills or continue your studies in any of the NLC study programs. You do not need to fulfill the NLC proof of English proficiency requirement after completing the English program.
Northern Lights College Programs of Study
Canadian and international applicants can apply for their chosen program from Northern Lights College’s wide-ranging study programs in Business, Conservation, Health and Human Services, Correctional Services, Science and Technology, as well as Skilled Trades programs.
Moreover, Northern Lights College programs consist of several 1-year and 2-year duration programs as stated below.
Certificates offered by Northern Lights College to its students
- Business Management
Advanced Certificate at Northern Lights College
- Culinary Arts
Diploma programs available at Northern Lights College, Canada
- Criminology diploma
- Cosmetology diploma
- Archaeology diploma
- Practical Nursing diploma
- Executive Assistant diploma
- Business Management diploma
- Social Services Worker Diploma
- Land and Water Resources diploma
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician diploma
- Early Childhood Education and Care diploma
- Business Management (Accounting Specialization)
- Interactive Technologies and Game Design diploma
Associate Degrees at Northern Light College (University Transfer programs)
- Associate of Arts degree
- ” ” ” ” of Arts Degree Health Studies
- ” ” ” ” of Science degree
Post-Degree Diplomas available in Northern Light College, Canada
- Business Management
- ” ” ” ” Management (Health Administration Specialization)
- ” ” ” ” Management (Information Technology Specialization)
Admission requirements at Northern Light College Canada
You are required to satisfy a number of general and program admission requirements to become a student at Northern Lights College Canada.
- Firstly, you must have graduated from British Columbia secondary school or its equivalent. Besides, most NLC Vocational & Dual Credit programs require you to have graduated from High School Grade 10 while others require high school Grade 11/12 with certain course requirements.
Additionally, mature students who want to apply for Northern Light College admissions need to provide the official transcript of their secondary school or post-secondary education.
- Secondly, you are required to submit proof of English proficiency requirement.
As an international student, you need to demonstrate your competencies in the English language by partaking in a recognized English proficiency test.
Northern Lights College only accepts International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic from its international applicants.
Besides, the majority of Northern Light College programs mandate international students to provide a valid IELTS test score not less than 6.0 except for some study programs that require less or higher scores.
These programs include;
- Practical Nursing (PN) diploma: Minimum IELTS score of 7.0
- Advanced Certificate in Culinary Arts: Least IELTS score of 5.5
- Diploma in Cosmetology: IELTS score not below 5.5
- Health Studies (Associate of Arts degree program): IELTS not less than 7.0
- Associate of Science Degree: IELTS score at least 6.5
However, you must ascertain that you fulfill each of the admission requirements at Northern Light College, Canada in a timely and precise manner.
Northern Lights College Tuition For International Students
Virtually all programs at Northern Lights College require international students to pay a tuition fee of $10,770 Canadian Dollars with exemption to some programs as follows.
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program: $4,500 Canadian Dollars
- Advanced Certificate in Culinary Arts: $9,710 Canadian Dollars
- Cosmetology diploma program: $10,792 Canadian Dollars
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician diploma: $10,156 Canadian Dollars
- Diploma in Practical Nursing: $18,195 Canadian Dollars
Admission Process at Northern Lights College Canada
If you desire to join other international students at Northern Lights College, you need to comply with certain processes, which includes;
- Check your preferred program if it is available on the NLC list of study programs
- Obtain and fill out the Northern Lights College application form. Also, submit the application form with documents and credentials such as your transcripts of study, proof of English proficiency, as well as a copy of your passport’s data page
- Pay Northern Lights College application fee of $100 Canadian Dollars
- Northern Lights College will then consider you for admission if you met all of its admission requirements before the deadline.
- Thus, NLC will send you a Letter of Offer
- Hence, you need to pay Northern Lights College tuition down payment of CAD $6,000 to get your Letter of Acceptance (LOA). You will also receive Northern Lights College Welcome Guide, which contains relevant information on resuming to study
- Apply for your Canadian study permit from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). However, you are required to pay a higher amount of tuition deposit if you’re applying via Canada Student Direct Stream (SDS).
Northern Lights College campus locations and contact information
If the question, “Where is Northern Light College located?” has been running through your mind, here is information about NLC campus addresses, as well as contact information.
Northern Lights College Dawson Creek campus:
11401 – 8th St, Dawson Creek,
British Columbia, Canada, V1G 4G2
Phone number: (250) 782-5251
Northern Lights College Tumbler Ridge campus:
Tumbler Ridge, BC V0C 2W0
Phone Number: (250) 242-5591
Northern Lights College-Fort Nelson campus:
5201 Simpson Trail,
Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0
Phone Number: (250) 774-2741
Northern Lights College Chetwynd campus:
Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0
Phone number: (250) 788-2248
Northern Lights College-Fort St John campus:
Fort St. John, BC V1J 6K1
Phone Number: (250) 785-6981
Northern Lights College
Dease Lake Access Centre: Box 220,
48793 Commercial Drive,
Dease Lake, BC V0C 1L0
Phone Number: (250) 771-5500
Northern Lights College Atlin Access Centre:
Atlin, BC V0W 1A0
Phone Number: (250) 651-7762
Northern Lights College Toll-Free number: 1 (866) 463-6652
FAQs about the admission requirements at Northern Light College, Canada
Q. Who is Northern Lights College’s president?
Ans – Dr. Bryn Kulmatycki
Q. How much is the Northern Lights College application fee?
Ans – $100 CAD Canadian Dollars
Q. When do intakes enter Northern Lights College?
Ans – January, May, as well as September
Q. When is best to apply to Northern Lights College?
Ans – Six (6) months before the term’s start date that you intend to resume at NLC
Q. What comes next after a program is closed for intakes at Northern Lights College?
Ans – NLC will put you on a waiting list of the students that would be offered admission if there were any developments.
Q. How much tuition deposit should I pay to Northern Light College?
Ans – $6,000 Canadian Dollars
Q. How do I contact Northern Lights College via email?
Ans – [email protected]
Q. Who are mature students at Northern Lights College?
Ans – Mature students are those who are above nineteen years of age, and have graduated from high school for a minimum of one (1) year
Q. What should I do if I don’t meet the admission requirements at Northern Light College, Canada?
Ans – You may need to opt for Northern Lights College Career and College Preparation/Upgrading, which qualifies for admission into your desired study program.
Q. Does Northern Lights College accept the Duolingo English Test?
Ans – Yes, you can submit Duolingo test results to Northern Lights College if IELTS test centres are unavailable in your country of origin. However, the Duolingo English Test is not accepted for all Northern Lights College programs.