Thinking about skilled jobs that need little or no degree qualification in building-related jobs, high sought-for Alabama Construction and maintenance jobs are readily available since construction companies are earnestly seeking construction-related employees to meet up with growing business.
This category consists of new construction work and repair or maintenance work, including plumbing and electrical work.
They are responsible for installing, maintaining, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. To ensure that work is in respect of relevant codes. Can install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems.
- Estimated 2014 employment in Alabama: 9,630
- Projected 2024 employment in Alabama: 10,780
- Projected increase: 11.94 percent
- Average salary: $46,877
Electrical Power-line Installers and Repairers
They install or repair cables or wires that are used in electrical power or distribution systems. Can erect poles and light or heavy duty transmission towers. Though does not include electrical and electronics repairers, powerhouse, substation, and relay.
- Estimated 2014 employment in Alabama: 3,920
- Projected 2024 employment in Alabama: 4,580
- Projected increase: 16.84 percent
- Average salary: $65,630
Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
Job description includes installing or repair heating, central air conditioning, or refrigeration systems, as well as oil burners, hot-air furnaces, and heating stoves.
- Estimated 2014 employment in Alabama: 5,080
- Projected 2024 employment in Alabama: 5,790
- Projected increase: 13.98 percent
- Average salary: $39,937
Requires tasks that involve physical labor at construction sites. Should be able to operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, earth tampers, cement mixers and other different equipment and instruments. Can clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, set braces to support the sides of excavations, debris and other waste materials.
- Estimated 2014 employment in Alabama: 10,420
- Projected 2024 employment in Alabama: 11,740
- Projected increase: 12.67 percent
- Average salary: $28,899
Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers
Job entails manual moving of freight, stock, and other materials or performs other general labor. Includes all manual laborers not classified elsewhere. But does not include material Moving Workers who use power equipment.
- Estimated 2014 employment in Alabama: 40,870
- Projected 2024 employment in Alabama: 44,840
- Projected increase: 9.71 percent
- Average salary: $24,880
Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
To perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting; insulating; welding; machining; boiler making; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; aligning, installing, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.
- Estimated 2014 employment in Alabama: 15,420
- Projected 2024 employment in Alabama: 16,520
- Projected increase: 7.13 percent
- Average salary: $38,343
Job duties involve being able to construct, erect, install, or repair structures and fixtures made of wood, such as building frameworks, concrete forms; including partitions, joists, studding, and rafters; and wood stairways, and hardwood floors window and door frames. Can also install cabinets, siding, drywall, and batt or roll insulation. Including brattice builders who build doors or brattices ventilation walls or partitions in underground passageways.
- Estimated 2014 employment in Alabama: 11,890
- Projected 2024 employment in Alabama: 13,060
- Projected increase: 9.84 percent
- Average salary: $37,221
Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
The job involves assembling, install, alter, and repair pipelines or pipe systems that carry water, steam, air, or other liquids or gases. Can install heating and cooling equipment and mechanical control systems.
- Estimated 2014 employment in Alabama: 5,930
- Projected 2024 employment in Alabama: 6,510
- Projected increase: 9.78 percent
- Average salary: $41,922