In the last few years, Australia is a major destination to apply for a permanent residency visa. The rich lifestyle, good wages, multiple employment opportunities, developed infrastructure and high standards of living attract thousands of immigrants want to live, work and settle in Australia. In this article, we will discuss everything you should know about Australian PR visa processing time.
If you are looking at applying for Australian Permanent Residency Visa to immigrate to Australia, you should know that the Australian immigration authority works on a point-based system. This is the most organized and systemic way to bring highly skilled overseas workers to live and work in Australia. You will require good immigration points to get a quicker invitation from the Australian immigration authority.
Table of Contents
Australia Immigration Process And Guidelines
Under the Turnbull administration, Australia’s immigration process and requirements have become stringent in the last few months. These complex immigration rules often discourage aspirants to begin the process for immigration.
Australia follows a point-based immigration system and DIBP (Department of Immigration and Border Protection) is very interested in the immigration process and guidelines of this subject. Hence, it’s understood as to why people at times are reluctant to apply for it.
With that said, Australia has the most organized immigration system that is lauded by many countries. One of the major reasons immigration aspirants and applicants are reluctant is the dilemma of the visa processing time of Australia Permanent Residency (PR) visa.
If you have the same issue. Then, Let’s find out more about the Australian PR visa processing time this year.
GSM- A Key Pathway To Get Permanent Residency In Canada
The General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program is the best possible way to get a Permanent residency visa in Australia for skilled workers and professionals.
The GSM is based on the point system that assesses and evaluates the profile of clients and allots points to them based on age, English Language Proficiency, education, work experience, etc. factors.
The general skilled migration program includes two main Permanent Residence visas categories such as;
- The Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa – this type of permanent residency visa allows you to live and work in Australia for an unlimited period of time. It’s an independent visa where you do not need any sponsorship from the territory or state of Australia. The applicant can live work and study anywhere in Australia.
- The Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 Visa – this type of permanent residency visa allows you to live, study and work in Australia for an unlimited period of time. But, you be required to get sponsorship from the Australian state or territory for which you are applying for. You must live and work for at least 2 years in the same state from where you get the nomination. Additionally, you will get an additional five (5) points for the state or territory nomination from Australia.
The Processing Time of key Permanent Visas of Australia
Let’s find out more about the exact processing time of the main GSM permanent visas:
- Processing time for Subclass 189 Visa
It is an independent visa, that does not need any nomination or sponsorship from Australian state or employer. You can directly apply for this visa through the online SkillSelect System.
Under the DIBP website, the 75 percent applications for subclass 189 Visa, are processed within 11 months. Also, close to 90 percent of the visa applications process within 15 months.
- Processing Time of Subclass 190 Visa
This is a State Nominated Visa; thus, you first need to obtain state nomination to apply for this visa. As for DIBP, 75 percent of applications in this visa category is processed in 11 months. While 90 percent of applications in this visa category get processed within a period of 15 months.
Visa Processing Time Depends On Certain Key Factors
There are several important factors, that can influence the overall processing time of Australia PR visa, i.e.
- The High demand occupation you have selected to apply for PR visa
- Whether or not you filed the visa application form correctly
- The Verification of your documents and candidature
- How fast you reply to the queries asked by the immigration office
- Whether or not you have taken any professional assistance to apply for PR Visa and so on
All the above factors can determine the visa processing time. Thus reduce your timeline, you may contact or hire an accredited, registered and experienced Australian Immigration and Visa Consultancy firm. An experienced visa consultant agency helps you in all key aspect during the immigration process.