in ,

Andorrans Now Eligible For Working Holidays Through International Experience Canada Program

Andorrans aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) can now live and work in Canada for up to one year via International Experience Canada Program.

The new agreement was released this week and means Canada now has reciprocal agreements with thirty-six (36) countries under IEC.

Andorrans are qualified to come to Canada under the Working Holiday stream of the International Experience Canada Program.

Although Canada continues to accept profiles submission for IEC pools, applications are being delayed at this time due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino announced that Canada was looking forward to welcoming Andorrans ‘when we can’.

“I am glad that we have reached this arrangement with Andorra, which will further build our people-to-people relations,” he said. “While we understand that the pandemic poses some difficulties and that travel may not be possible at the moment, we hope that Andorrans will use this moment to plan their future adventures in Canada.”

More than 200,000 Canadians have participated in the International Experience Canada Program since 2008.

There are three (3) areas under the IEC programs:

  • Working Holiday
    Candidates receive open work permits that enable them to work anywhere in the host country.
  • International Co-Op (Internships)
  • Candidate receives employer-specific work permit for students to gain experience in their field of study.
  • Young Professionals
    Young Professionals participant receive an employer-specific work permit to gain targeted, professional work experience that is within their career path or field of study.

1. Working Holiday

The Working Holiday category is for individuals looking to fund a vacation with temporary work in Canada.

Candidate Profile

  • You do not have a job offer.
  • You wish to work for more than one employer.
  • You wish to work in more than one location.
  • You would like to earn some income so you can travel.

Working Holiday candidates obtained an open work permit.

2. International Co-Op (Internship)

The International Co-Op categories are targeted at candidates looking for overseas work experience in their field of study.

Candidate Profile

  • You are a student registered at a tertiary institution.
  • You have a job offer for work placements or internship in Canada.
  • You need to do this work placements or internship to complete your studies.
  • You will work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada.

International Co-Op class candidates receive employer-specific work permits. Internships must be directly connected to the field of study.

Wages must directly follow the labour laws in a specific province or territory. The law determines if an internships needs to be paid.

3. Young Professionals

The Young Professionals class is for those looking to gain Canadian professional work experience.

Candidate Profile

  • You must have a job offer in Canada that contribute to your professional development.
  • You have to work for the same employer in the same location.
  • Under this class, work must be paid and not self-employed.

Young Professionals category candidates get an employer-specific work permit.

Job Requirements

  • Employers must meet labour laws in the province or territory, including minimum wage.
  • The job offer must be classified as National Occupational Classifications (NOC) 0, A or B.
  • NOC C jobs might be accepted if you can lodge a post-secondary certificate or diploma, degree, with your
  • work permit application. Your diploma, certificate or degree must be changed to English or French.