Antigua and Barbuda Visa – Application, Types, and Fees
When it comes to one country, you can’t resist its natural beauty; it is the republic of Antigua and Barbuda. You are to get an Antigua and Barbuda visa to access the country. The country has an abundance of lush tropical vegetation, with unique white sand beaches and a lavish cultural heritage.
If you are looking to fulfill the dream of taking a memorable trip to a fascinating country, then Antigua and Barbuda might tickle your fancy. But one thing you need to find out is if you would need a visa to make this travel.
This article will be your guide to furnish you with the right information to get your visa, the types of visas available, the requirements needed to be submitted by you, and lots more.
What is Antigua and Barbuda visas?
It is a document that allows you access or moves to and fro Antigua and Barbuda. The duration of your stay in Antigua depends on the type of visa you should apply for. You can have a short-term visa which is about 90 days, and a long-term visa which allows you to stay up to one year.
Types of Antigua and Barbuda visa
There are different types of visas issued by the republic of Antigua and Barbuda. They are obtained according to what you intend to do in the country.
- Student visa; this is a visa that is needed when you want to study in the country. You need to have an admission from a school in the country before applying for this visa
- Business visa: As the name implies, it is a visa given to those that are arriving in the country for business
- Family visa: This type of visa is open to foreigners with a family member or relative resident in Antigua and Barbuda.
- Long stay visa: This Antigua and Barbuda visa is gotten if you intend to stay longer than 90 days in the country. It is available for work, family union, and business. This visa is valid for one year. But if you want to stay longer, then you would need to apply for a temporary residence permit
- Short stay: Antigua and Barbuda are issued to visitors or tourists on a short trip to the country. You can also get it if you plan to study in the country for ninety days or three months.
- Work Visa; This visa is needed by Foreign nationals that have secured jobs in Antigua and Barbuda. Then you would need the country’s work visa to be able to access the country to start working. You must have a letter of employment to apply for an Antigua and Barbuda work visa.
- Transit visa; this is a visa you would need to obtain if you are transiting from Antigua and Barbuda country to another country. You would need to get this visa to be able to stop at the airport in Antigua and Barbuda before transiting.
Who needs Antigua and Barbuda visa?
If your nation is not one of those listed below, then you would need an Antigua and Barbuda visa to enter the country.
- Russian Federation,
- Samoa (western)
- (Republic of) San Marino
- Republic Of Italy
- (Republic of) Kazakhstan,
- Republic of Slovenia
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- (Republic of) Korea (South)
- South Korea
- (Republic of) Spain,
- Kitts and Nevis
- Vincent & the Grenadines
- The United Kingdom
- Moldova (Republic of),
- The United Kingdom (overseas Territories)
- The Czech Republic,
- Trinidad & Tobago,
- , Estonia
- New Guinea
- Tuvalu (Special Member)
- New Zealand
- Norway and Colonies
- , France
- The United Arab Emirates,
- The United States of America,
- Uzbekistan (Republic of)
Antigua and Barbuda visa required documents.
To have your Antigua and Barbuda visa processed, you would need to submit the documents listed below:
- In your application form, you would need to fill in your personal information neatly and easy to verify
- A passport photograph. You would need to submit one personal passport photograph. It should have a light background but must be colored.
- Your passport: You would need to submit your passport. Ensure it is valid and shouldn’t expire in the next three months.
- Email: Submit a valid and functioning email address because notifications will be sent through email. So make sure that your submitted email is a valid one.
- Health insurance: You would need to have valid health insurance in place. This should be valid for at least three months.
- Police report: You would need to obtain a report of no threat from the police authority in your country. This is to ascertain that you would be no threat to your visiting country.
- Accommodations proof: You need to show that you wouldn’t be homeless in Antigua and Barbuda. So, you must show your rental receipts, letter of invitation, or address of the person that will accommodate you.
- Itinerary proof: The need to be proof of your movement as you access Antigua and Barbuda. You should show proof of your airfare, the plane you are flying, the departure time, and when to leave the country.
- Proof of funds; you need to show your bank statements to enable the embassy to ascertain your financial stability as you arrive in their country.
- Civil status proof: This is for those joining their spouse or going with their children. You have to present the marriage certificate if you are a spouse.in addition, the birth certificate of your children.
How to apply for Antigua and Barbuda visa
When you are sure of the Antigua and Barbuda visa type, you would need. The next step will be to apply for a visa. Below are the systematic steps you can take to obtain your visa:
- First, go to the official website of Antigua and Barbuda and click on the apply now button on the site
- Fill out the form that would appear on your screen with your correct details, don’t leave any space blank.
- Then you would upload the required documents as instructed.
- The next will be the payment of your Antigua and Barbuda visa fees. You wait to see that you have successfully paid your fee visa application process.
- If you were successful, you would be sent an email with your visa result. You need to print out your visa result and have it in hard copy.
What is the fee for Antigua and Barbuda visa?
- A Transit visa is for six months with a fee of fifty US dollars.
- For a short-term visa, the validity is for six months, and the fee is one hundred US dollars.
- For a long-term visa, the validity is for one year, and the fee is $200
- A family visa is for one year; you need $150 to apply
- The work visa is for one year with an application fee of $175
- A business visa is for two years, but without three hundred and fifty Us dollars, you can’t get your visa
- A student visa is also for two years, and the fee is $350
Also: Antigua and Barbuda Business Visa – Application and Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I successfully upload my documents for Antigua and Barbuda visas?
When you have gathered your documents, you would need to scan and upload them on the e-visa site of Antigua and Barbuda online. You need to keep to the below instructions before scanning your documents to upload.
- Make sure that your documents are scanned with a scanner
- Scan all your documents into a colored document
- To avoid getting an Antigua and Barbuda visa rejection, scan the original copy of your documents.
What is the duration of getting an Antigua and Barbuda visa?
On a normal, it will take about 14 business days for you to get your processed and approved Antigua and Barbuda visa. But you can also get it at most by eleven business days if they are fast, but if you want the super rush process, it is always for eight days, then you can click on the Super rush button when submitting your application.
How do I pay for Antigua and Barbuda Visa?
You make the payment on the official website and complete all payments using your credit card.
The Republic of Antigua and Barbuda is a tropical paradise you can visit to study or work. The country has pleasant weather that accommodates all people. So if you plan to relocate to a country that is good with historical culture, then Antigua and Barbuda will tick your box.
All you need to do is to obtain an Antigua and Barbuda visa for your purpose, and you are already there. The above information will clear all your doubts. All you need to do is to get your visa for your purpose, and you are already there. The above information will clear all your confusion on obtaining an Antigua and Barbuda visa.