To Apply For A Work Permit in most cases, you will be required to give your fingerprints and photo( biometrics) after your application. If you are already in Canada and you apply for an initial work permit, and you received a biometrics instruction letter from us, you may need to leave Canada to give biometrics. You should visit the visa application centre (VAC) for this
We strongly advise you not to travel to the U.S. if you’re only going to give biometrics. The U.S. border officials may not grant you access to the country. Biometrics can only be done at an Application Support Center in the U.S. if you’re already legally in the U.S. you can go to any visa application centre in any country that you can legally enter such as your home country
Save time and get case updates online!
- No courier fees or mail delivery time – your application will be received instantly.
- Online applications may be processed more quickly.
- Avoid processing delays. Incomplete applications are returned to you. The online application helps ensure your application is complete before you submit it.
- If we need to ask for more documents, you can quickly provide by submitting them online.
- You don’t need to submit your passport you are required to do so.
- Always visit your o line account in order to get direct updates on the status of your application
Ready to get started?
Before you apply online, you need a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents, and a valid credit or debit for payment
You must pay the biometrics fee when you have successfully submitted your application. Otherwise, you may experience delays.
Apply on paper
There are different guides and forms to apply on paper for a work permit which solely depend on where you apply from:
- inside Canada
- outside Canada, or
- Immediately you enter Canada.
Find out the requirements for where to apply in order to make a better choice.
IEC and Global Skills Strategy candidates MUST do the online application
If you choose to apply under the International Experience Canada program or eligible for two-week processing through the Global Skills Strategy, you can only submit your work permit application online.
Select the preferred country/territory you will be applying from to get information on where to submit your application. You are allowed to choose your country of nationality or the country/territory where you have been legally admitted.
You can see the eligibility criteria to work in Canada