Apply for Canada Visitor Visa from anywhere in the World
Did you know you can apply for Canada visitor visa from anywhere in the world? There are options to apply online, via a Visa Application Center (VAC) in your country of resident, or through mail.
In order to qualify as a Canadian visitor, there are certain requirements that need to be met. This blog post will give you all of the information necessary about how to apply for a Canada Visitor Visa and what your options are if your application is denied or not accepted.
Eligibility for Visitors Visa in Canada
To start, you need to be eligible for Canada visitor visa. The requirements are as follows:
- You must be in your home country or have a valid permit in the country you reside at the time of submitting your application; if not, then the application will be rejected and you will have to re-apply.
- Your passport needs to be valid at least six months after the date that you plan to leave Canada.
- You must have enough money to support yourself financially while in Canada – this usually means having proof of income or being able to show that you have a sponsor.
- You must not have any criminal convictions and/or be on any type of security list (such as the no fly list).
- You must have a letter from your doctor that states you are physically fit and capable of travelling to Canada.
- You must be able to prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
If these requirements sound fairly easy for you to meet, then keep reading! The next thing we will cover is the process of how to apply for a Canada Visitor Visa.
Steps to Apply for Canada Visa
The first step is to download and fill out the application form, which you can find on IRCC website.
Once you have filled it out, you will need to gather all of the necessary supporting documents and send them in with your application. The most important ones are as follows:
- Biometrics (fingerprints and photo).
- Proof of identity. This can be in the form of a photocopy of your passport or driver’s license, but it cannot be older than six months. If you do not have either document, then you will need two government issued pieces of identification that show your full name and date of birth (such as a social security card, student ID or certificate of Indian Status).
- Proof that you can support yourself financially while in Canada.
- Your plane ticket to Canada – this cannot be an e-ticket unless it is booked through a travel agent.
Once all these documents have been submitted, your application will be processed. The average processing time is around two weeks, but it can take up to three months if there are any complications. To learn how to check the status of your application, see IRCC processing time for visitors visa.
How to apply for Canada visa from India
Once you know that you are eligible, the next step is to gather all of the required documents. You can apply for a Canada visa from India in two ways:
1. Apply through a Canadian embassy or consulate in India.
2. Apply online through the eTA website.
The cost of applying for a Canada visa from India varies depending on the visa type and how you choose to apply. For example, the application fee for a visitor visa is C$100 (INR 6,053) plus VFS fees if you apply through a Canadian embassy or consulate, but only C$100 (INR 6,053) if you apply online.
Visitor visa – per family of 5 or more from India for single or multiple entry would be C$100, extension of visa costs about the same price as fresh application.
How to apply for Canada visa from United States
The cost of applying for a Canada visa from the United States will vary depending on which type of visa you are applying for. For example, the fee for a visitor visa is $100 Canadian dollars, while the fee for a study permit is $200 Canadian dollars.
If you are living in the United States and want to apply for a Canadian visa, you will need to go to the Canadian embassy or consulate in your area. You can find a complete list of embassies and consulates on the website of the Government of Canada. More info on how to apply from US here.
How to apply for Canada visa from the UK
The cost of applying for a Canada visa from the UK will depend on the type of visa you are applying for. A visitor visa, for example, will cost £85 while a work permit costs £230.
To apply for a Canada visa from the UK, you will need to gather the following documents:
– A passport that is valid for at least six months beyond your planned stay in Canada
– Two recent passport-sized photographs
– Proof of funds to cover your stay in Canada (at least C$200 per day)
– A letter of invitation from a Canadian citizen or resident, if applicable
– Proof of payment for the relevant fee
How to apply for Canada visitors visa from China
There are a few steps and a bit of cost (about $100) involved in applying for a Canada visa from China. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Determine the type of visa you need
There are many types of visas available for Canadians travelling to China, so it’s important to determine which one is right for your needs. The most common Canadian visas for travel to China are the tourist visa (category “L”) and the business visa (category “M”). If you’re not sure which type of visa you need, or if you have specific questions about visas, please contact the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate.
2. Gather the required documents (see instructions and general requirements for Canada visirots visa above).
Once you have determined which visa you need, the next step is to download and complete the application kit. Be sure to read all of the instructions carefully and collect all of the required documents before submitting your application.
The cost of applying for a visa varies depending on the type of visa. Generally, however, there is a processing fee and a postage fee associated with each application. For more information, please visit the Canada website or contact your local Canadian embassy or consulate.
How to apply for Canada visitors visa from Africa
There are a few different ways to apply for a Canada visa from Africa. You can either go through the Canadian embassy or consulate in your country, or you can apply online.
The requirements and cost of applying for a Canada visa vary depending on your country of origin. Generally, you will need to provide documentation proving that you meet the eligibility requirements, as well as pay a fee. For more information, please visit the website of the Canadian embassy or consulate in your country.
Applying from anywhere in the world?
The requirements and cost of applying for a Canada visa vary depending on your country of residence. However, in general, you will need to provide certain documents (e.g. passport, proof of funds, completed application form) and pay a fee to the Canadian government, usually $100 CAD for a single applicant.
For more information on the specific requirements and cost for your country of residence, please read the general eligibility and requirements as detailed above. You may also contact us for questions.
Where to submit Canada visa application?
There are three places where you can apply for a Canada visa.
- Online: through the IRCC website. I recommend our topic on how to apply for Canada visa online.
- In person: at a Canadian embassy or consulate. The Visa Application Office (VAC) nearest to you will provide more guide.
- By mail: using the application package from Visa Application Office or I.R.C.C itself. Application through mail is only available in select countries.
If you are approved for a Canada visitor visa, congratulations! But keep in mind that the visa is only valid for six months. You must enter Canada within that time or you will be denied entry. If this is the case, then you will have to apply for another visa and pay all of the fees again.
If your application is not approved, it does not mean that your plans are ruined forever! Instead, there are several ways in which you can still get into Canada.
What to do if visa application is refused
One option is to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa. This visa is for people who want to stay in Canada for longer than 90 days, but do not meet the requirements of becoming a permanent resident. You can find more information on how to apply for this type of visa on this website.
Another option is to have a family member or friend sponsor you. This means that they will agree to be financially responsible for you while you are in Canada and guarantee that you will leave at the end of your visit. You can find more information about this process on the Citizenship and Immigration website.
Finally, if all else fails, there is always the option of appealing the decision. This process is a bit more complicated, so we suggest you speak with an immigration lawyer before attempting to do this.
We hope that this blog post has been helpful and answered all of your questions about applying for a Canada visitor visa. If you have any further questions or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us!