Are you interested in learning more about the Argentina Investment Visa application process or want to begin the application process at once? No matter which one of the two, this blog post is for you.
Generally speaking, the Argentine Republic is a great place to invest your hard-earned money due to its stable political climate and favorable business environment. However, before investing in Argentina as a foreigner, you must obtain an Argentinian investor visa, which involves a few complex steps. However, reading this blog post will make it easy to get yours.
Besides, there are plenty of investment opportunities in Argentina. An Argentinian investor visa is perfect for entrepreneurs and business owners wishing to grow their operations in South America.
If you are thinking of investing in Argentina, now is the time to do it. Read on to discover about Argentina Investment Visa, including its requirements, fee, processing time, requirements, and more.
In this article
- What is an Argentina Investment Visa?
- Argentina Investment Visa Fee
- Processing Time of an Argentina Investment Visa
- Argentina Investor Visa Requirements
- How to Get an Argentina Investment Visa
- Step 1: Fix an appointment with an Argentinian embassy or consulate
- Step 2: Gather the required documents for your visa processing
- Step 3: Send your business and investment plan to Argentina’s Ministry of Industry and Tourism
- Step 4: Digitally fill out the application form for an Argentinian visa
- Step 5: Submit other supporting documents and make payment for your visa fee
- Validity Period of Argentina Investment Visa
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is an Argentina Investment Visa?
An Argentinian investor visa is a long-term visa that allows foreigners to stay in Argentina to lay out their financial resources for a business or trade.
To qualify for an Argentina Investment Visa, you must be willing to invest at least 1,500,000 Argentine Pesos (ARS). Unlike short-term visas, this Argentinian visa will enable you to stay in Argentina for longer than 90 days.
Remember that Argentina Investment Visa holders must obtain their residence permits immediately after arriving in the country.
Argentina Investment Visa Fee
To process your application for an Argentinian investor visa, you have to pay a fee ranging from €150 to €200 (ARS 19,770.32 to ARS 26,360.43). Besides, the fee varies depending on your country’s exchange rate, embassy, or consulate.
The fee paid is non-refundable regardless of your visa application’s outcome.
Processing Time of an Argentina Investment Visa
It often takes an Argentinian embassy at least seven days to decide on an Argentina Investment Visa application. However, some applications may take more time, depending on individual circumstances.
To guarantee that you get your visa when you need it, the best time to apply for it is 45 days before your planned travel date.
Argentina Investor Visa Requirements
The following are the requirements for getting an Argentinian investment visa.
- Digitally filled Argentina visa application form, which is obtainable either in person at an Argentinian diplomatic mission or online via its website. After completing the form, it is equally important to write your signature.
- A valid passport with a minimum of two pages unused for new visa stickers and stamps
- A few copies of your passport’s data page, as well as your previous and current visas
- White background passport-sized photos with a dimension of 4cm x 4cm
- Proof of completed visa fee
- Your account statements or any other related document acceptable as proof of funds
- A round-trip ticket or travel itinerary
- Proof of health insurance coverage
- Evidence of where you sourced for capital
- A Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). It certifies that you do not have a criminal record or are exempt from entering Argentina to avoid prosecution for a crime. Take note that you can only submit a certificate from the police authorities in a country where you lived for more than one year within the previous three years.
- Evidence of an accommodation paid and set aside for you in Argentina
- Business and investment plan
- Your Curriculum Vitae and proof of business ownership
Be sure that each of your documents is appropriately translated into the Spanish language.
How to Get an Argentina Investment Visa
Here are six (6) simple steps for foreign nationals to take in getting an investment visa for legal entry to the Argentine Republic.
- Fix an appointment with an Argentinian embassy or consulate
- Gather the required documents for your visa processing
- Send your business and investment plan to Argentina’s Ministry of Industry and Tourism
- Digitally fill out the application form for an Argentinian visa
- Submit other supporting documents and make payment for your visa fee
- Expect a decision from the Argentinian diplomatic mission
Step 1: Fix an appointment with an Argentinian embassy or consulate
The first step to getting an Argentinian investor visa requires you to book an appointment with an embassy or consulate of Argentina in the country where you live.
Since Argentina may not have a diplomatic mission in all countries of the world, you can instead fix the appointment with an Argentinian embassy or consulate in a nearby country.
Step 2: Gather the required documents for your visa processing
Next, you must assemble all documents required by the Argentinian embassy or consulate for your application processing. We’ve previously provided a list of these documents in this blog post.
Step 3: Send your business and investment plan to Argentina’s Ministry of Industry and Tourism
After preparing all documents for submission, you must send your business and investment plan to Argentina’s Ministry of Industry and Tourism of Argentina.
Upon review and approval by the ministry, you can move to the next step.
Step 4: Digitally fill out the application form for an Argentinian visa
The fourth step toward getting an Argentina Investment Visa is to fill out the visa application form using a computer. Complete all fields on the application form must be completed without leaving anyone blank.
Step 5: Submit other supporting documents and make payment for your visa fee
Afterward, you must visit the diplomatic mission to submit other required documents. Again, paying the visa fee before submitting the documents is essential.
Step 6: Expect a decision from the Argentinian diplomatic mission
You can now start awaiting a decision from the diplomatic mission regarding your visa application. This usually takes a minimum of one week.
Validity Period of Argentina Investment Visa
An Argentinian investor visa is a renewable visa valid for up to one year. You can renew the visa if your investment still exists in the Argentine Republic.
Moreover, you will qualify for permanent residency in Argentina after consecutively renewing your investment visa for two years.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who needs to get an investment visa for Argentina?
An Argentinian investor visa is required for foreigners who want to invest in Argentina. The visa enables foreign investors to invest in a new or existing company. Moreover, your investment must be worth at least ARS 1,500,000. It is also necessary to satisfy other requirements, such as a clean criminal record, proof of fund document, etc.
Do you need a visa for Argentina from the UK?
Yes, citizens of the United Kingdom must possess a valid visa before they can enter the Argentine Republic for any purpose.
Do you need a visa for Argentina from South Africa?
No, South African citizens do not need to obtain a visa for entry into the Argentine Republic for any purpose whatsoever. However, South Africans must get a visa, supposing that their intended period of stay in Argentina is more than 90 days.
How much does it cost to get an Argentina Investment Visa?
The cost of getting an Argentinian investor visa ranges from €150 to €200, depending on the diplomatic mission in your country of residence.
What is the duration of an Argentina Investment Visa?
The duration of an Argentinian investor visa is one (1) year. However, you can renew its validity yearly until you eventually qualify to apply for permanent residence.
Is an Argentina Investment Visa easy to get?
Yes, obtaining an Argentinian investor visa is a bit easy, even though its requirements are hard to meet. The visa is open to foreigners on the verge of investing up to ARS 1.5 million in Argentina.
Who accepts Argentina Investment Visa applications?
The embassy or consulate of Argentina accepts applications for Argentinian investor visas in the applicant’s country of residence.
Can I include dependents in my Argentina Investment Visa application?
Yes, your application for an Argentinian investor visa can include your dependents, such as your spouse and minor children. Nevertheless, you have to tend a proof of relationship with the person and evidence of their nationality or residency.
Can my application for an Argentina Investment Visa be rejected?
Argentinian embassies have the right to reject ineligible and incomplete applications for Argentina Investment Visa. However, you can increase the chances of a successful visa application by understanding its requirements and application process.
READ ALSO: Top Reasons to Visit Argentina
An Argentinian investor visa allows foreign investors to lay out their funds in the Argentine Republic. It is an excellent decision with many benefits, regardless of where the investor is. The reason is that the country has a growing economy.
If you still feel concerned about getting an Argentina Investment Visa, do not hesitate to contact our team, as we would be glad to help.
Thanks for reading!