Home » Australia Student Visa Requirements- how to apply online

Australia Student Visa Requirements- how to apply online

Australia Student Visa Requirements- how to apply online. More than 600,000 international students have enrolled in Australian schools, colleges and Universities. However, their student Visa may have almost reach expiration, but most of these students remain in Australia after they graduate and integrate into our skilled workforce.

In most cases, students may be eligible to apply for Australian permanent residency under the Skilled Migration Category after they complete a course of study in Australia .


  The Requirements of Australia Student Visa

Australia offers a unique kind of education and a learning style that motivates you to be innovative, creative and think independently. Australia attracts a large number of international students. Australia is the students’ first choice study destination in some other countries.

Living expenses and tuition costs in Australia are significantly less expensive than the UK and USA. Australia provides excellent value for money and a standard of living, which is among the best in the world.

Except you are applying for a student visa under the Streamlined Visa Processing pathway, your country of passport and course of study decides your assessment level.


  • English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)

This relates to stand-alone English language courses that lead to a certificate I, II, III or IV, or that result in no formal Australian award.

  • Primary or secondary school course

This relates to primary, junior secondary or senior secondary school courses, and approved secondary school exchange programs.

  • Vocational education and training

This relates to Certificates I, II, III or IV (except ELICOS), diploma, advanced diploma, vocational graduate certificate or vocational graduate diploma courses.

  • Higher education

This relates to a Bachelor degree, associate degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma, or Masters by coursework.

  • Postgraduate research

This relates to Masters by research or a doctoral degree.

  • Non-award

This relates to non-award foundation studies, or other full-time courses or components of courses not leading to an Australian award.

  • AusAID and Defence

This relates to students sponsored by AusAID or the Australian Department of Defence undertaking full-time courses of any type.

  • Student Guardians

Parents or relatives can apply for a visa to stay in Australia as the guardian of a student who is studying in Australia.

Share this update:

Similar Posts