Here, we have provided you with all of the information required to contact the Australian Embassy and Consulates in the UK.
The embassy and consulates are spread across the United Kingdom and each covers a designated States or geographical area of the United Kingdom.
Each office can provide support on issuance of passport and emergency services, as well as legal services to Australian citizens.
Having the contact information of the nearest consulate or embassy handy will be very helpful when time comes to review or renew documents such as passports and visas, or consult officials on matters in respect to Australia.
Australian High Commission in the United Kingdom
Address/Location: Australia House Strand WC2B 4LA
City: London (Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +1 hours)
Telephone Number: 020 7379 4334
Fax Number: 020 7240 5333
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9.30 – 17.00
Diplomatic hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 11.00*
Australian Honorary Consul in Edinburgh
Address/Location: Mitchell House 5 Mitchell Street, Edinburgh EH6 7BD
City/Municipal: Edinburgh (Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +1 hours)
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 11.30, 12.00 – 14.30
The government of Australia has closed the Edinburgh Passport Office permanently on 17 April 2014. Presently, the office provides a submission point for Australian passport applications in Scotland.
For any passport enquiries, contact the Australian consulate in London on 0207 887 5816.
The Australian office in London can provide the following services:
- Embassy provide support in the case of an accident, serious illness or death, and arrange for next-of-kin to be informed
- Embassy offer support if one is arrested and can arrange for their family to be notified
- Provide a list of local solicitors/lawyers
- Offers the latest travel tips and information about security and health conditions in other parts of the world
- Provide some other useful information to travelling Australians
- Provides witness and attest signatures and offer certain other notarial services
In the case of loss or stolen passport, one must promptly report the loss or theft of the passport to the closest consulate or to the police.
By reporting the loss or theft of your passport, the passport will be immediately be cancelled for good, and may not be used to gain access to any country, thereby sufficiently reducing the chances of its misuse by radical elements or other criminals.