The GSM, General Skilled Migration Program is the only method for skilled workers to migrate to Australia. Eligible candidates are expected to meet the Basic Requirements for GSM and pass the Australian immigration Points Test so as to qualify for a visa to move to Australia.
The following are the requirements for an Australia Skilled Visa:
- Age: You should be below 45 when you apply;
- English Language: you must have a strong ability in the English language to work in Australia (at least at a competent level);
- Nominated Occupation: When you apply you select a skilled occupation which fits your skills and qualifications. This occupation should be recognized on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List;
- Skills Assessment: Before you apply, your skills must have to be assessed by the Australian assessing authority authorized to assess your selected occupation, which usually has certain qualifications requirements;
- Health Assessment: You must be of considerably good health, and all applicants must have their health confirmed by a panel doctor and undergo a medical examination; and
- Character Assessment: You must be of an acceptable character and this too will be confirmed.
HOW MANY POINTS ARE REQUIRED FOR AUSTRALIAN PR
Applicants should score at least 60 points for their visa to be granted. A free online Australian General Skilled Migration points test is available to see if you score enough points for your visa.
Majority of international students who come to Australia often stay back in Australia and apply for permanent residency. Although after completing an MBA degree, students yet have very few options to do this. The first option is to apply for a 485 visa which provides an MBA graduate opportunity to gain some work experience.
You may also like to see all you need to know about skilled migration to Australia…
Which Other Courses Are Eligible For PR In Australia?
- Nursing and medical courses. Australia’s ever-growing population depends on its highly skilled medical staff in providing healthcare.
- Education and Teaching.
- Cookery, patisserie, and hospitality.
- Computer and Information Technology (IT).
- Social Work.
You may also like to see procedures for becoming an Australian citizen...