You can visit the Azerbaijani embassy in Canada as a national of Azerbaijan. Generally, embassies help their citizens in another country to get out of certain problems.
However, most times, you have to register with the embassy to get consular services from it. Otherwise, you may not be able to get these services from the embassy.
In fact, once you arrive in a new country including Canada, the first thing to do is look for the Azerbaijani embassy in that country. This way, you will be able to register with the embassy.
Among the popular consular services that you can get from the Azerjabaijan embassy in Canada include passport issues, registration and document notarization. Therefore, it is important that you don’t only contact the embassy, but also register to get all these services.
You must know that only registered citizens of Azerbaijan can get consular services from the Azerbaijani embassy in Canada.
In this article
What an embassy means
Embassies are the headquarters of a foreign government in another country. Therefore, virtually all countries of the world have embassies in other countries.
If on the contrary, there is no embassy, the country will have a consulate where their citizens resident in the host country go for consular services.
Therefore, the embassy in Canada is the administrative headquarters of the citizens in Canada, especially in times of serious needs.
Azerbaijan is a country located in Western Europe. It is officially known as the Republic of Azerbaijan. It is situated at the boundary of Eastern Europe and Western Asia. Therefore, many foreigners are confused about which continent it falls under.
However, it is officially a part of the South Caucasus region and is bounded by the Caspian Sea to the east, Russia to the north, Georgia to the northwest, Armenia and Turkey to the west, and Iran to the south.
The capital city of Azerbaijan is Baku. Also, it is the most important city in the country. Therefore, most of the activities in the country are performed there.
The vast majority of the country’s population (97%) is Muslim, but the constitution does not declare an official religion and all major political forces in the country are secularist Azerbaijan is a developing country.
Azerbaijani Embassy in Canada
Just like every embassy in the world, the Azerbaijani embassy in Canada provides consular services to all citizens of Azerbaijan in Canada.
Therefore, all Azerbaijanis in Canada can contact the embassy whenever they have any problem. Therefore, the address below is the office of the Azerbaijani embassy in Canada.
Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan
275 Slater St. #1203, Ottawa,
ON K1P 5H9, Canada
Consular services provided by Azerbaijani Embassy in Canada
The Azerbaijani embassy in Canada provides the following consular services to the nationals of Azerbaijan in Canada. In addition, it can still provide visa services to Canadians also.
1: ASAN Viza (e- Visa)
Canadians who need to travel to Azerbaijan can get their visa from the Azerbaijani embassy in Canada. Therefore, as a Canadian, you can contact the office for your electronic visa. Foreigners and stateless persons can get detailed information about and apply for electronic. Electronic visas will be issued only to nationals of countries including Canada.
The following are the visa requirements for the Azerbaijani visa. They include:
- Email address in the letter of request.
- A passport must be valid for no less than six months after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan.
- Two recent, coloured photos – Format 35mm x 45mm, only with a clear, plain and white background.
- The invitation letter from Azerbaijan
2: Passport issues
For Azerbaijani citizens who have problems with their passports, they can contact the Azerbaijani embassy in Canada to rectify their problem. When necessary, the embassy will issue you a one-time passport back to Azerbaijan.
Requirements to apply for passport issues
- The Azerbaijani passport itself
- Photocopy of the passport’s main page
- A letter of request (you include your full name, what you are requesting for, address in Canada, phone number, status in Canada, signature, date and a reference
- Original piece of your Azerbaijani identification card (sexsiyet vesiqesi) and 2 copies of it
- Original piece of a document that proves your status in Canada and 2 copies of it
- Completed application form (the form must be written in Latin or in Azerbaijani)
- Original piece of Military ID for men aged 18-35
- Completed “Registration form of a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan permanently residing abroad”
- $25 USD money order payable to the Embassy of Azerbaijan in Canada
- 40 AZN Manat paid in Baku.
- Prepaid return envelope
3: Other Documents
In addition to the above consular services, the Azerbaijani embassy in Baku also provides the following consular services. They include:
- Consular registration
- The acquisition of citizenship of a foreign country by the citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Legalization of the documents
- Request for documents
- Re-entry Certificate to the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Request for citizenship approval
- Requirements for legalization of a Statements In-Lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad
- Requirements for Police Clearance
- Power of Attorney
- Notice of Search Marriage
- Requirements for legalization of a Statements In-Lieu Non- Impediment to Marriage Abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a visa to go to Azerbaijan?