The Commonwealth of the Bahamas is an unmatched destination because of its glamorous ambiance. You can have a glimpse of it with a Bahamas short-stay visa. You have the duration of up to ninety days to enjoy the powdery water sand beaches, the clear and crystal lakes, the magnificent playgrounds for the affluent, and even the photogenic sands and sea.
The Bahamas is the richest and world-class country in a world of its own. So you can take a short trip to have a memorable experience. You should book your Bahamas short stay visa to have a fascinating experience.
If you want to know all that it takes, this article will furnish you with all the information. However, we must share with fundamentals of the Bahamas,
In this article
- About the Bahamas
- What is the Bahamas short stay visa?
- Types of Bahamas short stay visa
- Who needs a Bahamas Short Stay Visa?
- Documents required for Bahamas short stay visa
- How to Apply for Bahamas short stay visa
- Bahamas Short Stay Visa fee and processing time.
- Bahamas health visa card for short stay trip
- Frequently Asked Questions
About the Bahamas
The Commonwealth of the Bahamas also called the Bahamas, is on the North American continent. It is located in the Lucayan Archipelago within the West Indies of the Atlantic.
The weather in the Bahamas is warm as the country has very moderate rainfall and fairly high mean temperatures. So the weather accommodates all races.
The attractions in the Bahamas are magical as you would be held spellbound by the lush beaches, golden blue seas, and diverse activities you would enjoy here. You do not have to keep dreaming of this spectacular destination because you are allowed to visit with the Bahamas short stay visa. You can get more information about this type of visa below.
What is the Bahamas short stay visa?
The Bahamas short stay visa is the document that you need to obtain to give you access to the Commonwealth of Bahamas. With your Bahamas short stay visa, you can legally stay and live in the Bahamas for about ninety days or three months. A short-term visa is granted for short-term purposes like tourism, transit, business, and cultural purposes.
Types of Bahamas short stay visa
The two types of Bahamas short-term visas are considered in terms of duration and stay.
The single entry visa type: This is a short-stay visa for three months. This visa allows one entry period to the country, which means you must re-apply for your next visit to the country.
Multiple entry visa type: This one is for multiple entries, and the duration can be for three months, six months, one year, or even three years. You are allowed entry into the country multiple times. The fee for this is higher than that of a single entry visa, and you would need to show at least three months previously entered into the Bahamas.
Who needs a Bahamas Short Stay Visa?
Though it looks like most countries in the world, do not need visas to the Bahamas but some countries still need a visa to visit the Bahamas. if you are from the countries listed below, you would need a Bahamas short stay visa
- Burkina Faso
- The central African Republic
- Chad, Comoros
- Congo Republic
- DR Congo
- Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Dominican Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- North Korea (DPRK)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Sudan
- Timor-Leste (East Timor)
Documents required for Bahamas short stay visa
To get your Bahamas short stay visa processed and approved, you need to submit along with your application the following documents:
- Two passports – You would need two copies of recent passport photos that must be on white background.
- A completed Bahamas visa application form with your signature
- A valid international passport should still be valid up to six months before you enter the Bahamas.
- Financial proof: proof to show your financial worth like a job letter, business license, or original bank letter/statement.
- Police report: This is to show that you have criminal records and are not a threat to the country
- Accommodations proof: You must show receipts for hotel bookings or other means of accommodation and cruise itinerary.
- Proof of your flight itinerary or the ticket copy.
- Proof of invitation: This can be a copy of the conference or an invitation letter.
- Show copies of previously held visas if you have one or more.
- Proof for children: You would show a copy of the child’s birth certificate for confirmation
- For companies applying for a foreigner to take up employment in The Bahamas: Provide a copy of a valid work permit.
- Apostilled or Legalized international marriage, birth, and death certificate in support of the Bahamas short stay visa application
- If you intend to visit the Bahamas with a cruise ship from the USA, then submit a valid US visa
How to Apply for Bahamas short stay visa
When you have gotten your documents, then you would need to apply with them for your Bahamas short stay visa:
- So start with completing your application form. Be sure to have it completed in Block letters. Do this using only a black or blue pen.
- Next is to submit the completed Bahamas short stay visa application form with your supporting documents at the embassy n the scheduled date.
- Then submit in person at the Bahamas Consulate or Embassy nearest to you.
- You would get your Bahamas short stay visa afterward. You would travel with it and present it with your passport to the border officer in the Bahamas. The fact is that getting a Bahamas visa does not guarantee that you can automatically get entrance into the country. Because it can still be revoked if anything goes wrong, but it rarely happens.
Bahamas Short Stay Visa fee and processing time.
It is always good to submit your Bahamas short stay visa as early as four weeks before the date of departure. It will help you with the early process and approval. You would also have to pay your visa fees as early as possible. Your visa can only be processed when you have met the visa payment.
The processing time for a Bahamas short-term visa is fourteen days (2 weeks). You would have the below fees to pay for your short stay visa type;
- Fee for single entry visa: 100$
- Multiple entry visa type
- Three months fee: 110$
- Six months fee: 250$
- One-year fee: 250$
- Three years fee: 250$
- Five years fee: 500$
Bahamas health visa card for short stay trip
Because of the covid 19 pandemic, the commonwealth of Bahamas mandates all visitors to have their health travel card. You would need to apply for this health travel card online; You must have it because you will present it at the port of entry to gain access. It can be obtained online by visiting the website and filling out the form to get a QR code. If approved, you would pay a fee of $60 and then download it almost immediately for official use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a Bahamas visa for a short-stay trip?
Yes, check the above-listed county to find out. If your country is among there, yes, you would need a Bahamas short-term visa.
What is the maximum time to apply for a Bahamas short-term visa?
A not too late time is about four days before your departure time
Do I need a covid test result for the Bahamas short stay visa?
Yes, you are to present a negative covid 19 test result. You should take the test at least three working days or seventy hours before your departure time.
Can I apply for my Bahamas short stay visa online?
Yes, if you are among the countries listed above that you need a visa, then you can do this online via the Bahamas electronic visa entry. You would need to upload online all required documents as stated above and make the necessary fee payment.
What can I do if my Bahamas short-term visa gets rejected?
You need to check the reapplication process at the embassy used and re-apply.
Can I use a four-month about to expired passport with my Bahamas short-term visa?
No, unless you are an American or a British passport holder. You must hold a valid six-month passport to make the trip.
Can I work with a Bahamas short-term visa?
No, you need a Bahamas work permit to be able to work in the Bahamas. You can’t get this when you are already in the Bahamas so get it before the trip into the country.
Can I study in the Bahamas as Foreigner?
Yes, you can study in the Bahamas academic institutions, but you must apply and get admitted, then you process your student visa.
If one of your to-do things is to visit the Bahamas, then you should take this chance. Get your Bahamas short stay visa to have fun on this Brewing Island. The process to complete a visa application can be very uninspiring and laborious, but not with the information we have supplied above. So go through this article and follow all the steps stated here to have a seamless journey with getting your Bahamas short-stay visa.