Ever wondered who needs to apply for the Bahamas Tourist Visa and how? If so, this blog post would attend to all your informational needs regarding the subject matter.
A Bahamian tourist visa is usable in entering the Commonwealth of the Bahamas for many different purposes, especially for short stays like commercial activities and holidays. For example, with a valid Bahamas Tourist Visa, you can stay in the country for three months. Contrarily, citizens of many countries must obtain a Bahamas Tourist Visa to visit the country for any purpose.
This blog post will consider diverse information about applying for a Bahamian tourist visa, including its requirements, turnaround time, validity period, and cost.
In this article
- What is a Bahamas Tourist Visa?
- Exemptions for Bahamas Visas
- Bahamas Tourist Visa Cost
- Processing Time of Bahamas Tourist Visa
- Bahamas Tourist Visa Requirements
- How to Get a Bahamas Tourist Visa
- Step 1: Collect all required documents to apply for a Bahamas Tourist Visa
- Step 2: Get in touch with a Bahamian diplomatic mission for a visa appointment
- Step 3: Download, fill out and print the Bahamas tourist visa application form
- Step 4: Submit the filled-out application form, together with the required documents
- Step 5: Wait for the Bahamian embassy or consulate’s decision
- Step 6: Purchase your flight ticket and travel to The Bahamas
- Validity Period of Bahamas Tourist Visa
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Bahamas Tourist Visa?
A Bahamian tourist visa is a visa that authorizes a foreigner to enter The Bahamas for either a holiday or a business-related activity. Without a doubt, this visa applies to foreigners who wish to visit The Bahamas for a business meeting, conference, family visit, or any other relevant purpose.
Before applying for a Bahamas Tourist Visa, ensure you hold a valid passport or travel document of your country of nationality.
Exemptions for Bahamas Visas
Citizens of many countries can visit The Bahamas without a visa for a short period.
These include nationals of:-
- United States of America
- Sao Tome & Principe
- Holy See
- Puerto Rico
- The Azores
- Pitcairn, British Overseas Territory
- Fujairaj, UAE
- The Cayman Islands
- French Guiana
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- South Georgia and South Sandwich
- El Salvador
- Wallis and Futuna
- French Southern Territories
- Chile (official, diplomatic, and service passport holders)
- The Republic of Georgia
- Saint Kitts & Nevis
- Vatican City State
- American Samoa
- United Kingdom
- India (holders of an official or diplomatic passport, valid visa or PR card of the US, Canada, UK, or a Schengen Area country)
- Cape Verde
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Vincent & Grenadines
- Galapagos Island
- The Maldives
- French Polynesia
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Antilles – Netherlands
- New Caledonia
- Falkland Islands
- The Cook Islands
- The Netherlands
- Saint Barthelemy
- Costa Rica
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Martin
- Marshall Islands
- Sharjah, UAE
- Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Saint Helena
- Trinidad & Tobago
- San Marino
- The United Arab Emirates
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- Saint Maarten
- US Virgin Islands
- Western Samoa
- The Solomon Islands
- Turks & Caicos
- Umm Al Quwain
- The British Virgin Islands
Bahamas Tourist Visa Cost
As a single entry visa into The Bahamas for tourism purposes, you have to pay a non-refundable application fee of $100. This fee may vary depending on the Bahamian embassy or consulate in the country where you currently stay.
Processing Time of Bahamas Tourist Visa
Usually, the turnaround time for The Bahamas Tourist Visa application is two weeks. This asserts that Bahamian embassies and consulates decide on most applications for tourist visas within 14 days.
Hence, you may worry in case your visa application processing is taking longer than expected.
Bahamas Tourist Visa Requirements
Foreigners looking forward to getting a Bahamian tourist visa must submit several documents to an embassy or consulate of The Bahamas in their home country or a nearby country.
- Your original passport with a validity period of at least six months
- Two passport-sized photos taken in a white-colored background
- A round-trip ticket to The Bahamas
- Your business operating license or letter of employment
- Criminal record from the police authorities in your country of origin
- Proof of accommodation in The Bahamas
- Recent accounts statement or bank reference letter (proof of meeting a financial commitment)
- Your flight itinerary
- A letter of invitation from your host in The Bahamas
- Copies of your old visas
- One copy of your child/ren’s birth certificate (required to prove biological relationships)
- A valid US visa (applicable to foreigners who plan to enter The Bahamas on a cruise ship from the United States of America)
- A copy of your valid work permit (required to assume a job opportunity in The Bahamas)
Before submitting certain foreign documents, such as your birth and marriage certificates, you should note that you must legalize or certify them in your home country.
How to Get a Bahamas Tourist Visa
To get a tourist visa for The Bahamas, you must take the steps noted below for a successful application.
- Collect all required documents to apply for a Bahamas Tourist Visa
- Get in touch with a Bahamian diplomatic mission for a visa appointment
- Download, fill out, and print the Bahamas tourist visa application form
- Submit the filled-out application form, together with the required documents
- Wait for the Bahamian embassy or consulate’s decision
- Purchase your flight ticket and travel to The Bahamas
Step 1: Collect all required documents to apply for a Bahamas Tourist Visa
To obtain a tourist visa for The Bahamas, you must put together all documents essential for your application processing at the embassy or consulate.
Step 2: Get in touch with a Bahamian diplomatic mission for a visa appointment
Next, you must contact the Bahamian embassy or consulate in your home country to know whether booking an appointment is necessary or not. If necessary, this is the best time to do it.
Step 3: Download, fill out and print the Bahamas tourist visa application form
The third step in getting a Bahamian tourist visa requires you to download its application form online. You must also print out the form and complete it in UPPERCASE letters using either a blue or black pen.
In addition, you must glue your passport on the form and ensure that you do not miss out on any other thing that requires your attention.
Step 4: Submit the filled-out application form, together with the required documents
After completing the application form and gathering the required documents, you can visit the embassy or consulate to submit all the supporting documents.
Remember that you must visit the diplomatic mission in person, including making payments for the visa application fee.
Step 5: Wait for the Bahamian embassy or consulate’s decision
By now, you have completed the application process and can start hoping for a response from the Bahamian embassy or consulate. This should take a maximum of two weeks.
Step 6: Purchase your flight ticket and travel to The Bahamas
As soon as the Bahamian embassy or consulate makes a favorable decision on your tourist visa application, you can proceed to pay for your flight ticket and leave for The Bahamas.
Validity Period of Bahamas Tourist Visa
A Bahamian tourist visa is valid for not more than three months. Besides, it only allows for its holder’s single entry into the country.
Remember that the Bahamian government is not lenient to foreigners guilty of immigration offenses. Thus, it would be best if you never considered overstaying your visa.
READ ALSO: Bahamian High Commission in Canada
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need a visa to travel from the Philippines to the Bahamas?
Yes, Filipinos are required to obtain a visa before traveling to The Bahamas.
Is Bahamas visa-free for US citizens?
Yes, American citizens can have visa-free entry into The Bahamas for a limited period.
How much is a Bahamas visa for tourists?
A Bahamian tourist visa costs $100, which is non-refundable to applicants no matter the embassy or consulate’s decision.
Is it easy to get a Bahamas Tourist Visa?
Yes, getting a tourist visa for The Bahamas is a bit easy. However, the process demands you apply in person at a Bahamian embassy or consulate in your country of origin.
Do you need a visa to visit the Bahamas from Canada?
No, you do not need a visa to enter The Bahamas as a Canadian citizen, provided your stay is for a limited period.
When is the best time to apply for a Bahamas Tourist Visa?
It is advisable for foreigners who wish to get a Bahamian tourist visa to apply two to four weeks before their intended departure date.
Check out the locations and contact information of Bahamian diplomatic missions overseas.
In summary, a Bahamian tourist visa is the best option for exploring the country’s beautiful scenery and attractions. If your intended stay in The Bahamas is less than three months, you may be eligible for the Bahamas Tourist Visa.
Supposing that there is any other thing you think we missed on getting a Bahamian tourist visa, contact us, and our team would gladly respond to your needs.
Thanks for reading!