Perhaps you didn’t give much thought to the Bangladesh Diplomatic Visa. And maybe because in your dreams, you never imagined that you could become a diplomat or go on official duty for your country. However, a basic knowledge of Bangladeshi diplomatic visas will not be bad.
What if…, if not, either way, Bangladesh’s rich cultural heritage, along with the ancient ruins and delicious cuisine of this Transcaucasian country, is well worth the experience. So, if you are a mountain lover and hope to one day explore the beautiful mountain scenery, you should read this article to the end.
This article will guide you through the requirements for a diplomatic visa in Bangladesh. You will learn more about its validity, who needs a visa, and why you might need a diplomatic visa for that country.
In this article
- What is the Bangladesh Diplomatic Visa
- Who is eligible for the Bangladesh diplomatic visa?
- Requirements for applying for Bangladesh diplomatic visa
- Application Process for Bangladesh diplomatic visa
- Bangladesh diplomatic Visa Processing Time
- What is a Bangladesh Visa On Arrival (Landing Permit)
- Who can apply for a visa on arrival in Bangladesh?
- Documents required for applying for a visa on arrival?
- How to apply for Bangladesh Visa On Arrival?
- Visa Fees
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Bangladesh Diplomatic Visa
The Bangladesh diplomatic visa is a travel document issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Bangladesh, to Bangladeshi citizens who wish to visit or reside in another country for an extended period. The diplomatic visa allows you to stay in that country for up to 90 days. It can be used as a tourist visa or business visa.
A diplomatic visa is a type of visa that allows the holder to enter or leave any country in the world, as long as they have an invitation letter from the host country’s government. A diplomatic visa can be obtained by anyone with a valid passport issued by a member state of the United Nations (U.N.), European Union (E.U.), or NATO. It includes Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Singapore, Switzerland, Turkey, the U.S.A., the U.K., etc.
The Bangladesh diplomatic visa is unavailable for citizens of non-member states of the U.N., E.U., and NATO.
Who is eligible for the Bangladesh diplomatic visa?
The Bangladesh diplomatic visa is not available to citizens of non-member countries of the United Nations (U.N.), European Union (E.U.), and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
Requirements for applying for Bangladesh diplomatic visa
- A valid passport with at least six months remaining before expiration.
- An invitation letter from the government or embassy of the host country.
- A return ticket.
- If you are applying for multiple entry visas, you must provide two copies of your passport and one copy of your invitation letter.
- If you have requested a single entry visa, you need only one copy of your passport and one of your invitation letters.
Application Process for Bangladesh diplomatic visa
- Click on the “Apply” button below.
- Fill up all required fields.
- Submit your application.
- Print out your application form.
- Photograph yourself holding your passport and invitation letter.
- Send it along with your application to the following address: Bangladesh Embassy, P.O Box No. 1166, New York City, NY 10036
- Wait for the reply.
- Once they get your application, they will send you an email informing you whether your application was approved or rejected.
- If your application is approved, they will email you a new invitation letter.
- Please keep your original invitation letter safe until you return home.
- When you arrive at Dhaka airport, go to the immigration counter and show them your invitation letter. They will stamp your passport and provide you permission to enter Bangladesh.
- After entering Bangladesh, you must take a taxi to the nearest Bangladeshi consulate office.
- Bring your invitation letter and passport.
- Your visa will be ready within 3 working days.
- Go to the nearest Bangladesh consulate office and collect your visa.
- Keep your visa safe until you depart Bangladesh.
- You should bring your passport and invitation letter when you depart Bangladesh.
- You will need to pay a fee of USD 50 for each additional day of stay in Bangladesh.
Please note: If you do not receive an email confirmation within 24 hours of submitting your application, kindly contact them immediately.
Bangladesh diplomatic Visa Processing Time
Visa processing time in Bangladesh is the average time it takes for a Bangladeshi citizen to obtain a visa. The length of this period is determined by the type of visa you are seeking for as well as your nationality.
However, It usually takes 1 to 2 weeks to process a Bangladesh diplomatic visa. It may take longer depending on the number of applicants.
Note: Whether your city lacks a diplomatic mission, check to discover if there is a center that processes visas for Bangladesh. Without one, you might need to apply for a Bangladesh Visa On Arrival.
What is a Bangladesh Visa On Arrival (Landing Permit)
The Bangladesh Government has issued a new visa policy for foreign nationals to visit the country, called “Visa on Arrival” (V.A.O.). This visa applies only to those visiting Bangladesh for business or tourism purposes. The visa can be obtained at Bangladeshi diplomatic missions abroad, including embassies, consulates, and high commissions.
Visitors from locations where Bangladesh does not have an embassy or consulate and those from nations that grant landing permits (L.P.) or visas on arrival (VOA) to travelers from Bangladesh are eligible for visas at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka.
Also eligible for a visa on arrival (VOA) are foreign investors, exporters, and attendees of seminars or symposiums sponsored by the government of Bangladesh (VOA seekers must produce valid documents from concerned authorities such as BOI, B.E.P.Z.A., B.G.M.E.A., F.B.C.C.I., and concerned Ministries of the Government).
After reviewing all pertinent documents to their satisfaction, the immigration officer at the port of entry (airports, land ports, etc.) will approve VOA. Please enter and exit from the same port. However, anyone from any nation that is officially prohibited will not be eligible for a Visa on Arrival (VOA) or Land Permit (L.P.).
Who can apply for a visa on arrival in Bangladesh?
A person with an invitation letter from the concerned authority and a valid passport with at least 6 months of validity should have no criminal record or other reason to be denied entry into Bangladesh.
Documents required for applying for a visa on arrival?
The applicant must submit his passport along with the following documents:
- Invitation Letter (if applicable).
- Two copies of recent photographs taken within the last six months.
- One copy of the application form was filled out completely.
- The fee is mentioned above.
- A photocopy of the invitation letter.
- If you are traveling by air, your airline ticket.
- A medical certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner states that you do not suffer from any contagious disease.
- Your return flight ticket.
- An insurance policy covering all expenses incurred during your stay in Bangladesh.
- A list of accommodations arranged by the concerned authorities.
- Any other document that the immigration officer may request.
How to apply for Bangladesh Visa On Arrival?
Upon arrival, you must apply for a Bangladesh visa on arrival. You must first submit the online Bangladesh visa application form, though. The procedure is the same as applying for a standard visa (as previously stated), except choose “Visa On Arrival” rather than “New Visa Application.”
You must also specify whether you’re traveling by air, land, or sea and the place you will enter Bangladesh when applying for a VOA.
Once you have gathered the necessary documentation, you can give it to the immigration officials when you arrive.
Note: on Bangladesh Visa on Arrival: Many foreigners still opt to seek a Bangladesh visa in advance even though they are qualified for one. This is because, despite having already visited the country, it is not guaranteed that you will be granted a visa.
You must also “apply” for a Bangladesh visa on arrival, which entails carrying identification that verifies your trip’s purpose. The immigration officers will assess them and decide on your admission. Proof that you have enough money to support yourself financially is one of the prerequisites for the Bangladesh Visa On Arrival.
You will not be given the visa and must return if you lack the required documentation (or if the immigration authorities do not deem it sufficient).
- For a single-entry visa: US$50
- For multiple entries visa: US$100
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I travel to Bangladesh without a visa?
Yes, you can travel to Bangladesh without a valid visa. However, you must carry your passport and invitation letter while traveling.
Is visa requirements for diplomatic passport holders?
Yes, diplomatic passport holders are typically visa-exempt when traveling to other countries. However, it is always best to check with the country’s embassy or consulate in advance to be sure.
How long does it take for a Bangladesh visa to be approved?
It usually takes a few weeks to get a Bangladesh diplomatic visa approval. However, it can sometimes take longer if there is a backlog of applications.
Can I get a Bangladesh visa on the same day?
No, you cannot get a Bangladesh visa on the same day. You must apply for a visa ahead of time and then wait for it to be processed.
What are the benefits of a diplomatic passport?
There are many benefits to having a diplomatic passport. Some of these benefits include:
- Diplomatic passports allow for visa-free travel to many countries.
- They also provide immunity from arrest and detention in some cases.
- Diplomatic passports offer other perks, such as access to airport V.I.P. lounges and priority boarding.
Finally, a Bangladesh Diplomatic Visa is the best way to visit the country for business or pleasure. The procedure is simple and requires less documentation. It is crucial to note, however, that not all countries are eligible for a diplomatic visa from Bangladesh. To check if your country is included, please check the Bangladesh Ministry of Foreign Affairs website for more information.