If you intend to research anything about the history of Bangladesh, you may need to obtain a Bangladesh Research Visa. However, citizens from other countries can travel to Bangladesh if only they have a visa. You will surely find information on the exemptions in this blog post.
Bangladesh is a country in South Asia with an area of 147,851 square kilometers and a population of about 160 million. The capital city of Dhaka has the biggest metropolitan region in the world. It is also one of the most densely populated countries in the world.
Many universities and research institutes in Bangladesh research various topics. Many foreign researchers come to Bangladesh to do their research. They can stay for up to three (3) months. However, they must have a valid visa before coming to Bangladesh. If you want to visit Bangladesh for research purposes, you should apply for a research visa from the nearest Bangladeshi embassy or consulate.
This article explores information on the Bangladesh Research Visa, including its requirements, fee, processing time, and more.
In this article
- About Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Research Visa Meaning
- Requirements for Bangladesh Research Visa
- Exemptions for Bangladesh Research Visa
- Visa fee
- Required Documents:
- Visa Processing Time
- Documents Required for Bangladesh Research Visa
- Applying for a Bangladesh Research Visa Online
- Applying for a Bangladesh Research visa Offline
- Applying for a Research Visa From the U.S.A.
- Applying for Research Visa from Canada
- Applying For a Research Visa from Australia
- How to get a Bangladesh Research Visa
- Validity Period of Bangladesh Research Visa
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bangladesh is one of South Asia’s most popular tourist destinations, and it has been attracting more and more tourists worldwide. The country’s tourism industry has grown rapidly, with an increase in international arrivals by about 20% in 2017 compared to 2016. Bangladesh ranks as the second-largest source of foreign visitors after India. With its rich cultural heritage, beautiful beaches, exotic wildlife, and friendly people, Bangladesh offers many opportunities for travelers who want to experience something new.
Bangladesh is a Muslim majority nation that shares borders with India, Myanmar (Burma), Bhutan, Nepal, and China. It also shares maritime boundaries with Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The official language of Bangladesh is Bengali, which belongs to the Indo-Aryan group of languages. However, English is widely spoken throughout the country.
Bangladesh Research Visa Meaning
This visa aims to provide researchers access to research facilities and resources at universities and other institutions in Bangladesh. Researchers can obtain a B.D.R.V. if they conduct research or teaching activities in Bangladesh. They must be employed by an organization registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Requirements for Bangladesh Research Visa
- A valid passport.
- Your passport should be valid for six months beyond your intended stay in Bangladesh.
- You will need to submit a letter of invitation from your employer stating the nature of your work and the duration of your visit.
- A passport and visa page(s) must be in your application.
- You may not enter Bangladesh within six months before your arrival date.
- You must include a return ticket when applying for the visa.
- You must pay a processing fee of US$50 per person.
- 9. You must email your completed application form and supporting documents to the Embassy of Bangladesh in Washington, D.C.
Exemptions for Bangladesh Research Visa
- Students enrolled in graduate programs at accredited U.S. colleges and universities;
- Persons engaged in scientific research;
- Physicians and dentists in the United States who are licensed to practice medicine and surgery;
- Members of the clergy of any religion;
- Artists, performers, writers, journalists, photographers, videographers, filmmakers, and producers;
- Representatives of news media organizations;
- Diplomatic personnel assigned to the diplomatic mission of the United States;
- Government officials performing official duties;
- Teachers, professors, lecturers, and instructors;
- Professionals work in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, architecture, business, finance, accounting, agriculture, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, public health, education, social services, etc.
- Researchers who are conducting research under contract with an institution that is accredited by the Association of American Universities (A.A.U.), the Council of Graduate Schools (C.G.S.), the National Science Foundation (N.S.F.), or the National Institutes of Health (N.I.H.);
- Teachers, librarians, counselors, psychologists, nurses, physicians, dentists, veterinarians, pharmacists, engineers, etc.
You will need to pay a processing fee of $50 per person. This fee covers all costs associated with processing your application.
Processing time: 3 – 5 days
- Letter of Invitation
- Copy of passport and visa pages
- Return Ticket
Visa Processing Time
The processing time for a research visa depends on the type of application and where you are in the country. The following table shows the average processing times for different types of applications:
- Research Visas – 3-5 Days
- Business Visas – 3-14 Days
- Student Visas – 3-21 Days
- Visa Extensions – 3-14 Days
Documents Required for Bangladesh Research Visa
Here are the documents required for applying for a Bangladesh Research Visa.
A researcher needs to submit certain documents when applying for a research visa. These include:
- Letter of invitation
- Copy of passport and visa pages
Applying for a Bangladesh Research Visa Online
You can use our website to fill out the form if you want to obtain a Bangladesh research visa online. We will send you a confirmation email once we receive your application. You can also download the forms from their official website.
Applying for a Bangladesh Research visa Offline
If you prefer to apply for a Bangladesh visa offline, you can go to any Bangladeshi Embassy or Consulate. You can find the address of the nearest Bangladeshi Embassy or Consulate here.
Applying for a Research Visa From the U.S.A.
If you live in the United States, you can apply for a research visa at the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh. To obtain a research visa, you will need to follow these steps:
Go to the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs website. Click on the “Travelers” tab. Then click on “Visitors.” Under “Visitor Information,” click on “Visiting Bangladesh.” On the next page, click on “Apply for a Travel Document.” Enter your name, date of birth, nationality, gender, etc. Next, click on “Continue.” On the next page, enter your contact details such as phone number, email address, etc. Finally, click on “Submit.” A message will appear saying that your application was received successfully. Click on “View Status.” and your application status will display. Click on “Send Email” if you want to send an email to someone who can help you with your application.
Applying for Research Visa from Canada
You can apply to the Canadian Embassy in Bangladesh if you live in Canada. However, to obtain a research visa, you will first need to obtain a letter of invitation from the university or institute where you plan to work. This letter must be signed by the head of the department or principal investigator of the project. Once you have this letter, you must apply for a research visa through the Canadian Embassy in Bangladesh.
Applying For a Research Visa from Australia
You can apply for a research visa from the Australian Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh. To obtain a research visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Letter of Invitation (L.O.I.) from the University/Institute where you wish to carry out your research
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of funds (if applicable)
- Confirmation of return flight ticket
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
- Original copy of your academic degree
- Original copies of all relevant certificates and transcripts
- Two recent photographs
- Self-addressed envelope
- Completed Application Form
- Fee payment receipt
How to get a Bangladesh Research Visa
- Fill out the application form
- Submit the form along with the required documents
- Wait for approval
- Pay the fees
- Receive the visa
- Enjoy your trip
- Come back home
- Repeat steps 1 – 7
Validity Period of Bangladesh Research Visa
The validity period of a Bangladeshi Research Visa depends on the type of visa applied for. For example, a student visa is valid for three months, while a business visa is valid for six months. However, if you are applying for a long-term visa, such as a working holiday visa, the duration of the visa depends on the length of time you intend to spend in Bangladesh.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Cost of a Bangladesh Research Visa?
There are two types of visas available for researchers: short-term and long-term. Short-term visas cost $100 per person, while long-term visas cost $200 per person. Both types of visas require an additional processing fee of $25.
What is the Duration of a Bangladesh Research Visa?
A Bangladeshi Research Visa is valid for either3 or six months, depending on the type of visa you apply for.
Is it Possible to Extend My Bangladesh Research Visa?
Yes! If you decide to extend your research visa after its expiration date, you must apply to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (M.O.F.A.). This process takes approximately ten days to complete.
Can I Apply for Multiple Visas?
Yes! You can apply for numerous visas at the same time. For example, you could apply for a Business Visa and a Student Visa at the same time.
How do I Renew my Bangladesh Research Visa?
Renewing your Bangladesh Research Visa is simple. All you need to do is go to the nearest M.O.F.A. office and pay the renewal fee.
Where Can I Find More Information About Bangladesh Research Visas?
If you want more information about Bangladesh Research Visas, please check out their website.
In conclusion, anyone planning to research in Bangladesh should apply for a long-stay visa. The decision to do your research in Bangladesh will be very advantageous to you. These include having unrestricted access to libraries and an extensive database of records. Additionally, you’ll meet with regional authorities who could aid your research endeavor.
If you have any additional questions about the Bangladesh Research Visa, kindly leave a comment so that our team can get back to you pretty quickly.
Thanks for reading!