You can easily become an Amazon Affiliate in Canada if you understand how affiliate marketing works. Also known as ‘Affiliate Associates,’ the Amazon Affiliate program is another beautiful way you can make money online. In just some quick steps of signing up, receiving approval and placing the Amazon affiliate link on your website, you will find yourself smiling to the bank.
Thus, if anyone makes a purchase on Amazon through your link, you will get a commission. It is as simple as that. However, aside from the steps involved in helping you become an Amazon affiliate in Canada, this article will help you with other easy ways to monetize your website.
In this article
- What is Affiliate Marketing?
- What is Amazon Affiliate Program?
- How does Amazon Affiliate Program Operate?
- How much can You make as an Amazon Affiliate in Canada?
- What are the guidelines to become an Amazon Affiliate in Canada?
- What are the steps to becoming an Amazon Affiliate in Canada?
- Create a blog or website
- Sign up on the Amazon Associate homepage
- Enter your account information
- Enter the address of your blog
- Enter your ideal store ID
- Describe ways you will generate traffic to your blog
- Choose your desirable means of payment
- Generate Amazon Affiliate links
- What are the ways to create Amazon Affiliate Links?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Affiliate Marketing?
In affiliate marketing, an online vendor offers the ability to generate distinctive product links to bloggers who must promote the links on their website. These links are specifically called affiliate links. Thus, when someone makes some purchases through the link, the blogger automatically receives a commission. This commission equally depends on the price of the product. In this context, the blog owner is called an affiliate.
In essence, if you own a blog or website, you can become an affiliate marketer. Besides, the content you will sell through your blog is usually connected to your blog niche. Selling products directly on your blog is not always the best. However, you can combine both blogging and affiliates to make money.
What is Amazon Affiliate Program?
This is an Amazon affiliate marketing program and a way for bloggers and website owners to make some couple of money. You can become an Amazon associate by advertising some products from Amazon.com on your site. This, you do by creating links for visitors to purchase the product. Hence, when customers click on the links and buy the products, you will earn a fee. This fee is called a referral fee.
How does Amazon Affiliate Program Operate?
It is already established that you can earn extra money as a website owner by creating unique product links, promoting the links and driving traffics through the links to the products through referrals. Below is a simpler description of how Amazon affiliate works:
- You create an Amazon account on your website
- Amazon will give you a unique Associate ID
- Your application is approved by Amazon to enable you to create affiliate links on the Amazon portal
- Amazon places your link on your blog posts or other parts of your website
- Your blog visitors click on the link and buy the product
- You earn a commission through the purchase.
How much can You make as an Amazon Affiliate in Canada?
Averagely, you can earn between 100 and 20,000 US Dollar (CAD 126.39 – CAD 25,270.60) from the Amazon Affiliate program. However, this depends on how many of your referrals purchased the products on Amazon. This equally means that you may not make any commission if you did not generate any sales. Since the sales is on commission basis, that means you can only earn from a percentage of the sales made through your link.
Again, there is no static commission for the products because their prices differ. So, the product category determines the commission on the product. On average, you can earn 4.50% on each product sale. Good a thing, it does not matter how many of such products you sold in a day or month.
As long as you can sell it, your commissions will keep piling up for you. Like every other business, when you start your Amazon Affiliate business, you may not make much sales. But as time progresses, you will be able to sell much. Therefore, to help your financial state, you can make it a side hustle.
Another important piece of information is that you should review the commission rate on each product category of the Amazon Affiliate program before signing up on the Amazon platform. Knowing that can enable you to calculate what you can earn, going by your blog niche.
What are the guidelines to become an Amazon Affiliate in Canada?
Although one of the best ways to earn money is to become an Amazon Affiliate in Canada, you need to follow the proper guidelines to qualify you. For that reason, failure to comply accordingly may earn you some sanction. Majorly, the rules help in preventing people from abusing the scheme. So, you must:
- Disclose on the website that you may be eligible to earn if people click on the links.
- Not make bogus or misleading claims on your reference
- Not indicate the prices of the products on your website. This is because prices change and you may not be in touch with the current price
- Ensure the correctness of the products displayed on your website
- Not use link shorteners on the links
- Not use the affiliate links offline
- Avoid adding or deleting any program content on your website.
Here are the full terms and conditions for becoming an Amazon Affiliate in Canada. Again, Amazon is not the only retail outlet online for affiliate programs. In case you do not qualify for Amazon Affiliate, you can try out other platforms.
What are the steps to becoming an Amazon Affiliate in Canada?
Here are the ways to become an Amazon Affiliate in Canada:
Create a blog or website
Remember, you cannot become an Amazon Affiliate in Canada without having a website. You can also have a YouTube channel that offers a link between you and your potential customers. Besides, having an empty site is not viable because it is the content on the site that would attract people, in the first place. With the presence of content and people, your site will appear real to both Amazon and your platform users.
Also, your site must have a niche because it is the niche that would determine the kind of product link to place on the website. So, while building your website, consider the target audience, the niche and how you will generate traffic.
Sign up on the Amazon Associate homepage
To successfully become an Amazon Associate, you will have to create an account regard to that. So, you will need to visit the Amazon Associate homepage to create your account by signing up.
Enter your account information
You will need to register your website by entering important information like your name, address and phone number. Your physical address is where your payments should be sent.
Enter the address of your blog
The next step to becoming an Amazon Affiliate in Canada is to enter the URLs of your website, YouTube channel or mobile app you are using for promoting the Amazon affiliate links.
Enter your ideal store ID
This ID is often the same as your website name. It is officially the username that identifies your affiliate account. When you do so, you will need to explain what your blog stands for, while choosing the Amazon topics you will like to target using your links. Additionally, if your preferred name isn’t available, Amazon will suggest a similar one later on.
Describe ways you will generate traffic to your blog
The next step is to answer some questions on how you will drive traffic to your blog, ways you use your blog to create income and how many people visit your website per month. You will equally assure Amazon that your links are not targeting kids of below 13 years. Also, Amazon will ask you to enter your phone number to enable them call you for verification.
Choose your desirable means of payment
Another important step to become an Amazon Affiliate in Canada is to choose whether to enter your payment information now or later. The information is mainly your credit card and tax ID information. Amazon will ask if you would receive your payment via Amazon gift card or direct deposit. If you opt for direct deposit, you will need to enter your bank details. If gift card, you will receive it on your email. After that, you can move to your personal Associate homepage.
Lastly on how to become an Amazon Affiliate in Canada is for you to create your links. You will do so on your dashboard on the homepage. Your dashboard contains information on your earnings, reviews, total clicks and monthly summary.
What are the ways to create Amazon Affiliate Links?
To create an Amazon affiliate link, you will need to follow the processes below:
- Logon to your Amazon Affiliate account
- Identify the top banner and click on Product Linking. You will find yourself on the page for you to choose the Product Links
- Search for the Amazon products on the bar. Or you may add the Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) of the product. The ASIN of the product is a ten-character code that Amazon assigns to each product for easy identification. This is situated within the Product Information section.
- Click on the ‘Go’ button
- On the right corner, click on the ‘Get Link’ button. It will copy your new affiliate link to your clipboard for easier accessibility. On the alternative, you can use the Amazon Associate SiteStripe to create your affiliate link, straight from the product page. Additionally, the SiteStripe bar displays on the product page when you log in to your Amazon Affiliate Panel.
- Ensure to use the link according to the terms and conditions of Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make money with Amazon Affiliate program?
Precisely, the hardest part of the job is not to apply to become an Amazon affiliate. What is more difficult is to generate enough sales to make much money from your passion.
Below are tips on how to make money as an Amazon Affiliate in Canada:
- Choose a niche for your website
- Write product reviews, by comparing one or more products
- Always post fresh content on your website
- Create storefront on your website. The storefront acts like an online store, although all the links channels them to Amazon.
- Invest in social media paid adverts and per-per-click adverts on Google. The aim is to generate traffic.
How do I receive my payment as an Amazon Affiliate?
You will receive your payment through direct deposit. The funds will automatically appear on your bank account. If you are to receive the fund through Amazon gift cards, you need to keep checking your email.
When do I receive my payment as an Amazon Affiliate?
Amazon pays its affiliates monthly. However, the money comes 60 days after the end of the month you are getting paid for your commission
What is the difference between an Amazon Affiliate and an Amazon seller?
Whereas Amazon sellers sell only products on Amazon, Amazon affiliates post affiliate links on their websites to generate sales. The sellers need to pay certain fees and earn a profit from selling their products. Amazon affiliates do not need to pay any fees but they must have a website or channel to post the links.
Becoming an Amazon Affiliate in Canada is one of the best career decisions. However, you will need to work hard to get to the top. What is more, you will need to create a niche, write content in that niche and attach your affiliate link. This will enable you to turn your passion into your source of passive income.