In conclusion, Do you have plans to travel to Belarus to stay for five years or more? If yes, you need a Belarus Permanent Residency to achieve this desire. It is not difficult to secure one, but you must fulfill all requirements and follow instructions on how to apply.
Belarus Permanent Residency signifies a Belarusian passport; this shows how important and beneficial it is. The residence permit is open to citizens of all countries permitted to stay in Belarus. But only citizens that meet the requirements are issued the permit.
However, you will get to know the requirements, documents, and other important information on Belarus permanent residency application. Meanwhile, let’s briefly tell you about the uniqueness of Belarus.
In this article
- About Belarus
- What is Belarus Permanent Residency?
- Benefits of Belarus Permanent Residency
- Eligibility criteria for Belarus Permanent Residency
- Documents Required for Belarus Permanent Residency
- How to apply for Belarus Permanent Residency
- Possible Reasons for Rejection of Belarus Permanent Residency application
- Revocation of Belarus Permanent Residency
- Processing fee and time for Belarus Permanent Residency application
- Locations to obtain Belarus Permanent Residency
- Frequently Asked Questions
Belarus is officially known as the Republic of Belarus; it is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe. It is bounded to the north and northeast by Russia, to the east and southeast by Ukraine, to the south and west by Poland, and to the south by Lithuania. The capital is Minsk which is also the largest city. Belarus has a population of over 9 million people.
The economy largely depends on agriculture and manufacturing. Belarus also has a large forest and plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. The people are warm and welcoming and enjoy chatting with tourists. Belarus is a democracy with a presidential system.
What is Belarus Permanent Residency?
Belarus permanent residency is a type of visa that allows you to stay in Belarus for an indefinite period. Having this permit in Belarus as a foreigner will give you more benefits than temporary residency permit holders.
Benefits of Belarus Permanent Residency
Here are the benefits you will derive from holding this permit in Belarus.
- You will have access to intensive and free medical supervisionrvisionrvision
- Education will be free for you. It becomes pretty easy to secure Belarus Citizenship.
- You will be able to receive pensions and other benefits like the Belarus citizens.
But there are rights that a permanent residence permit holder can’t exercise in Belarus. They include
- Restrictions from voting or contesting an election in Belarus.
- You can’t work in any of the public services in Belarus.
- It is impossible to buy or claim ownership of land.
Eligibility criteria for Belarus Permanent Residency
Despite that, the permanent residence permit is available for all nations you must meet to be eligible. The criteria are :
- You must have stayed in the country for at least five years.
- You should have your temporary resident permit
- If you have invested at least135,000 euros in one or two businesses in Belarus.
- If you are legally married to a Belarus Citizen.
- You are to hold any Belarus Long-stay visa like the ones listed below:
- Work Visa
- Study visa
- Family Reunification visa
- Business/ Investment visa
- Humanitarian visa
- Diplomatic Visa
- You must renew your residence permit for at least four to five years at the right time.
- You shouldn’t have any criminal record throughout your stay in the country.
Documents Required for Belarus Permanent Residency
The following documents are required by the Belarus Authority for your application:
- Belarus Permanent Residency application form
- A detailed cover letter stating your biography and how long you have stayed in Belarus. As well as what you have been doing in Belarus and why is your permanent residency permit.
- Your traveling document is like an international passport.
- Four copies of your passport photographs with dimensions of 4mm x5 mm.
- Security Clearance to show you have no criminal record;
- Medical certificate of fitness and evidence of health insurance subscription plan.
- Mean of income like Salary pay slip, business bank statements, and other related documents.
- Evidence of payment of all forms of taxes and other duties.
How to apply for Belarus Permanent Residency
The steps to follow and apply aren’t tricky but having the necessary documents is the most important. So here are the steps to follow :
Firstly, download the application form and fill it out accordingly without error. Attach all required documents ready and translate where necessary into Belarus’s official language.
Secondly, proceed to the nearby Department for Citizenship and Migration to submit the application form and other documents.
Thirdly, pay the Belarus Permanent Residency application fee through the banks or within the department.
Next, you wait for the Belarus authority to review your application and invite you for an interview. Ensure you can provide good answers to questions that will be asked during the interview.
Lastly, they will be contacted within two weeks if your permit is ready. You can make preparations like getting other necessary documents intact while you await the outcome of the application.
Possible Reasons for Rejection of Belarus Permanent Residency application
It is important to note that even if your application process is successful, rejection is possible at the review stage. Therefore to avoid rejection, stay away from the reasons stated below while in Belarus if:
- You have pending or unresolved criminal charges.
- The required quota for the year is exhausted by qualified applicants.
- Your reason for visiting Belarus does not correlate with applying for Belarus Permanent Residency.
- You’re in Belarus with incomplete documents for immigration.
- You are not up to the minimum age requirement of eighteen years.
Revocation of Belarus Permanent Residency
There are circumstances the Belarus authority can withdraw the permit. Such situations are:
- If you are deported to your home country.
- You have a divorce from your Belarusian spouse.
- You are engaged in criminal activities, and you’re declared wanted by the authorities.
- Lost of job for which you were given the Belarus Permanent Residency.
- If you stay in Belarus is less than one hundred and eighty days in a year.
Processing fee and time for Belarus Permanent Residency application
It takes from one month to six months to get your residency permit processed and approved. The best time to apply for Belarus Permanent Residency is in January. The application processing altogether is fifty-four dollars.
Locations to obtain Belarus Permanent Residency
Here are some venues you can easily visit to apply for and process your permit.
- Igumensky Trakt, 32, department for and Migration of Minsk Leninski police department
- Department for Citizenship and Migration of Minsk Zavodsky police department. Address: 42 Uborevicha Street.
- 44 Rafieva St. Department for Citizenship and Migration of the Moscowsky Department of Internal Affairs of the city of Minsk
- 60 Casinza St. Department for Citizenship and Migration of Minsk Oktyabrsky police department
- Stakhanovsky, 5 Citizenship and Migration department Partisanski police department of Minsk.
- 10 Belinsky St.Department for Citizenship and Migration of the Pervomaiski Department of Internal Affairs of Minsk.
- Sovietski Department of Internal Affairs, Citizenship and Migration of the in Minsk.
- 10 Lidskaya St.Department for Citizenship and Migration of the Frunzenski Department of Internal Affairs of Minsk.
- 24 Orlovskaya St. Department for Citizenship and Migration of the Centralny Department of Internal Affairs of Minsk city
- Prospect Nezavisimosti, 48 bed. B.Department for Citizenship and Migration of the Main Department of Internal Affairs of Minsk City Executive Committee
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a foreigner buy land in Belarus?
No, Belarus laws do not permit Foreigners to own or buy land, but they can rent and build on it.
Can I get citizenship in Belarus?
Yes, you can do it by Naturalization as a foreigner, but there are conditions attached like:
- You have a permanent resident permit for at least seven years.
- You are free of criminal charges
- You put in for citizenship.
What are the easiest countries to get permanent residency in?
If you visit countries like Germany, Spain, Australia, the Czech Republic, New Zealand, and Montenegro, expects to obtain PR pretty easily.
Can I buy a house in Belarus?
Yes, you can buy a house or building for residential purposes if you are a legal resident or citizen of Belarus.
Does Belarus allow dual nationality?
No, the country doesn’t recognize that. You must present a single National status while visiting until you become a Belarusian by residency.
What is the cost of living in Belarus?
The cost of living in Belarus varies depending on the city you are living in. Generally, the cost of living is cheaper than in other European countries.
Why is Belarus called White Russia?
The name “White Russia” originated from the fact that the area was part of the Russian Empire, and most of the people living there were Russians. Initially, the name was in the early 18th century.
Is Belarus poor?
Belarus is not poor because it has one of the highest GDPs in Europe. Also, inequality is high and a large portion of the resources are concentrated in the hands of a small number of people. This means that many Belarusians live in poverty.
In conclusion, the Belarus Permanent Residency steps, the application process, required documents, and other vital information have been discussed. Hopefully, you will find this guide more useful than you imagined. You can drop your opinion below and share this with your friends and family.
Here are some recommended guides related to Belarus that might be useful to you.
- Belarus Tourist Visa, types and requirements
- Belarus Visa: Who’s eligible and how to apply
- Things to consider when visiting Belarus