Do you have a resident family member in Belize you wish to visit? If yes, we can assure you that your desires can be turned into reality with a Belize Family Reunion Visa.
This visa offers opportunities to foreigners aside from reunions with relatives in Belize. If you desire to stay longer in the country, you can use this visa to apply for a resident permit. By extension, the resident permit allows you to work and earn in Belize.
However, there are instances where some applicants are denied the Belize Family Reunion Visa because of improper documentation.
It is on this note that we have put together this article to inform you about the requirements and how to apply for Belize Family Reunion Visa.
In this article
- Where is Belize?
- What is Belize Family Reunion Visa?
- Do I need a Belize family reunion visa?
- Eligibility Criteria for Belize Family Reunion Visa
- Documents required for Belize Family Reunion Visa application
- Belize Family Reunion Visa application steps
- Belize family reunion visa fee and its processing time
- Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Belize?
Belize is a small Central American country that is bordered by Mexico and Guatemala. Queen Elizabeth II serves as the country’s head of state, and it is a member of the British Commonwealth.
English is the national language, and there are little over 350,000 people living there. Belize is a popular tourist destination and offers visitors a wide range of activities, including ecotourism, fishing, diving, and caving. The country’s rich culture and history are also attractions for tourists.
In addition, there are many employment opportunities available. The tourism industry is one of the main sources of employment in Belize. There are also many jobs available in the government and education sectors. The salary for jobs in Belize is lower than in other countries, but the cost of living is also lower.
What is Belize Family Reunion Visa?
It is an official document issued to foreigners with family members who are residents in Belize. The visa allows the foreigner to stay temporarily or permanently in the country. Someone in your family can sponsor you, or you can sponsor yourself.
The Belize family reunion visa is open for application at the embassy or consulate of Belize in your country.
Do I need a Belize family reunion visa?
Now that you understand what a Belize family reunion visa is. The next is to find out if you need to apply for it before reuniting with your family member in Belize. It’s because citizens of some nations can visit Belize for thirty to ninety days without a visa. So find below the list of visa-free countries and the duration:
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda Antilles
- Argentina for ninety days
- Brazil for ninety days
- British Antarctic Territory
- Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Island
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cayman Islands
- Chile for ninety days.
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Falkland Islands Fiji
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- The Gambia
- Holy See
- Hong Kong
- Isle de Sainte
- Israel for ninety days
- Japan for ninety days
- Marshall Islands
- Mauritius Mayotte
- Morocco Namibia
- Netherlands Antilles
- New Zealand
- Norfolk Island
- New Guinea
- Pitcairn Island
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Barthelme
- Saint Helena
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
- San Marino for ninety days
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands
- South Korea
- Sovereign Base Area of Dhekelia
- Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri
- Kitts & Nevis
- United Republic of Tokelau
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turkey for ninety days
- Turks And Caicos Islands Tuvalu
- United Kingdom
- The United States of America, for one hundred eighty days
- United States Virgin Islands
Eligibility Criteria for Belize Family Reunion Visa
It is possible you have all the requirements to apply for the reunion visa, but you or your sponsor may not be eligible. Therefore, knowing the eligibility criteria makes your application process easier. Find below the criteria to be met as an applicant or a sponsor.
- Your family member in Belize must be a resident permit holder.
- You should either be a spouse, child, sibling, common-law partner, or grandchild to a family member in Belize.
- You must have a legal reason for wanting to reunite with your relative in Belize.
- A birth or marriage certificate must be available as proof of kinship.
- You equally need to have evidence of financial capacities like your recent bank statements or cheques with enough money to cater to yourself while in Belize.
Documents required for Belize Family Reunion Visa application
These documents form an integral part of the reunion visa application because the embassy ensures they’re provided in the right format.
- A completed Belizean application form
- A valid traveling passport that won’t expire in the next six months
- Flight Itinerary to show when you intend to visit Belize and leave and also flight tickets or reservation
- Valid proof of Kinships like a birth certificate for children under the
- age of eighteen years or a marriage certificate if you are the spouse
- Letter of Financial Support like your credit card balance, recent bank statements, or other means. But If you are being sponsored, your family sponsor needs to provide you with any of the documents mentioned earlier.
- Sponsor’s Identification to serve as proof that you have a legal resident family member in Belize.
- A copy of a recent passport-sized photograph with of dimension of two inches by two inches. It must have a white background and colored
- Proof of Accommodation such as hotel bookings, a rented apartment, or a detailed address of your sponsor in Belize.
- Letter of consent/invitation from your family member in Belize to show you are truly invited for a reunion or other family ties. They must attach documents like a social security card, resident permit card, or staff employment ID card.
Belize Family Reunion Visa application steps
Here are the steps you should follow to apply for the reunion visa.
- The first step is to verify if you need the Belize Family Reunion Visa before your arrival or not.
- If you do, then you proceed to download the application form and fill it out correctly, then attach all the required documents to the application form.
- If you are successful with the above step, the next thing is to visit the Belize embassy for an appointment. The consular officer will provide you with the date and time for your interview and submission of your documents. Alternatively, the embassy could ask you to mail your application form and the documents to the embassy’s official email address. Therefore, the schedule for an interview notification will be via email, so you must provide a valid email address for this process.
- The moment you have a date and time for submission and interview, you can pay the visa application fee. But if you are to send your application through electronic mail, you must pay the application fee and attach the receipt. The embassy will verify your application and schedule an appointment for you.
- On the scheduled date, you should arrive as early as possible to submit your application form and documents. You put them in a self-addressed envelope. After the submission exercise, the next is an interview section. This section involves asking questions related to your visit to Belize and your family member living in Belize.
- Lastly, you wait for two weeks or more for the final decision on your visa application status by the embassy. If you are successful, the embassy will notify you when and to pick up your Belize family reunion visa.
Belize family reunion visa fee and its processing time
Belize visa application fee varies from one country to another, and if it’s for single or multiple entries. You should budget from two hundred US dollars to three thousand dollars for a Belize family reunion visa. It is because the range of fees covers countries that need a Belize visa. Moreover, if you wish to apply for a multiple entry visa, you must have a minimum of $300 and up to $4000, depending on your country.
You can have your Belize family reunion visa application processed and issued to you in fourteen days. It is also possible you will wait longer. Therefore, it is best to start your visa application process six weeks before your date of departure. Note that a Belize family reunion visa is not guaranteed access to the country because Belizean immigration can deny you entrance. But if you have all that is required, you won’t be rejected.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I live permanently in Belize?
You need a permanent residence permit to live permanently in Belize. You can apply for this document at Belizean Immigration and Nationality Services.
Can I live in Belize for $1000 a month?
If you choose to patronize less expensive goods and services, you will have a good life with $1000 monthly.
Can you buy Belize citizenship?
You can apply for Belize citizenship if you have lived in the country for five years; you don’t need to buy it.
How strong is a Belize passport?
It is ranked fifty-five positions in the world, and you can access one hundred and one country with or without a visa.
A Belize family reunion visa is easy to obtain, but you must have a detailed understanding of its requirements and how to apply. There are numerous attractive reasons to visit Belize aside from family reunions.