Belize Visa: Application, Requirements, Types and Exemptions
Do you intend to get a Belize visa from a country whose citizens are not visa-free? If so, this blog post will let you know the various Belizean visas’ exemptions, requirements, cost, application procedures, duration, and more.
Generally speaking, Belize is an excellent destination for foreign nationals regardless of their traits. A visit to the country offers so much fun to persons of different age groups. No matter if you are a minor, an adult, or an elderly person, there are several reasons why you may need to visit Belize. These include that the country has many attractions, which allow for pleasurable and unique adventures.
Moreover, it is a good idea to visit Belize than move to the country. The reason is that Belize boasts a thriving tourist industry but a poverty-stricken economy. As a result, only a few nationals must apply for a visa before visiting Belize.
Continue reading to learn more.
Belize Visa Types
Below are the types of visas open to foreigners who need to enter Belize to fulfill a purpose.
#1. Belizean Short-Stay Visa
This visa allows a foreign national to visit Belize for no more than three months. You can use this visa to explore Belize and its attractions and carry out certain activities within the country.
#2. Belizean Long-Stay Visa
This type of Belizean visa authorizes a foreigner to stay in the country for up to one year. Then, of course, you can get this visa to reunite with a close relative, study, work, or invest in Belize.
Who Needs to Apply for a Belize Visa?
Foreigners who intend to enter Belize from one of the following countries must obtain a visa before leaving their country.
- The United Arab Emirates
- Viet Nam
In addition, citizens of the United States, Argentina, and Venezuela can travel visa-free to Belize for six months, three months, and one month respectively.
Exemptions for Belize Visa
Some foreigners are suitable to enter Belize without a visa for 30 days.
- Individuals who have a valid Schengen visa for multiple entries
- Persons who possess a valid US or Canadian permanent residence card or multiple entries visa
Belize Visa-Free Countries
Below is a list of countries whose citizens can have visa-free entry into Belize for a limited period.
- The United States of America
- US Virgin Islands
- State of the Vatican City
- The Czech Republic
- The Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
- Brunei Darussalam
- The Dominican Republic
- British Virgin Island
- Sierra Leone
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- British Antarctic Territory
- American Samoa
- Saint Helena
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Solomon Islands
- San Marino
- El Salvador
- United Kingdom
- St. Martin
- Saint Lucia
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Marie Galante
- Isle de Saintes
- South Africa
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- Marshall Islands
- South Korea
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Venezuela (official and diplomatic passport holders)
How much does a Belize Visa Cost?
Belize visa fees vary depending on the applicant’s age, origin, and preferred visa type. The fee is payable at the Belizean embassy or consulate in the country where you live.
Below are the fees required of Belizean visa applicants from different countries.
- Chinese: $3,000 (single entry), $4,000 (multiple entries)
- Nationals of Sri Lanka, Nepal, Burma, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, and Thailand: $750 (single entry), $1,000 (multiple entries)
- Citizens of other countries: $200 (single entry), $300 (multiple entries)
- Take note that you have to include the fee payment receipt in your Belize visa application.
Belize Visa Processing Time
The entire processing of Belizean visa applications takes no more than 30 days. Within this period, the embassy or consulate would have assessed your application and notified you of its decision.
Belize Visa Requirements
During the application process for a Belize visa, you must provide all documents listed below to the Belizean embassy or consulate in your country of origin.
- A Belizean visa application form, which you have filled out and signed. The form is downloadable online.
- Your valid passport, including copies of your old visas
- One passport-sized picture taken less than the previous six months
- Receipt of Belizean visa fee completed at the embassy or consulate in your country of origin
- A travel itinerary, which provides information on the airline name, your flight ticket (round-trip), as well as on your flight dates and times
- Your recent bank statement, demonstrates that you would be financially secure throughout your stay in Belize
- A valid health insurance coverage for Belize
- Proof of accommodation in Belize, such as a hotel booking, rental agreement, or an invitation letter from your close relative or friend based within the country
- An invitation letter from your sponsor in Belize (if any)
- A criminal record recently obtained from the police authorities in your country of origin
How to Get a Belize Visa
Below are the application procedures for any Belizean visa.
- Reach out to a nearby Belizean embassy or consulate
- Download the Belize visa application form online and fill it out
- Put together all necessary documents and submit them
- Await the Belizean diplomatic mission’s notification
- Pick up your visa-stamped passport and travel to Belize
Step 1: Reach out to a nearby Belizean embassy or consulate
To get a Belizean visa, you must first get in touch with a diplomatic mission (such as an embassy or consulate) of Belize in your home country. By so doing, you’ll get to know whether to fix an appointment or not.
Step 2: Download the Belize visa application form online and fill it out
The second step in getting a Belizean visa is to download and complete the application form for your choice of visa. Afterward, you need to print the form, attach a passport-sized photo, and write your signature on it.
Ensure leaving no empty field on the application form.
Step 3: Put together all necessary documents and submit them
Next, you must assemble every required document for your preferred Belizean visa application. After gathering them, you must submit them to a Belizean embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
It is equally important to make the visa fee payment at this time.
Step 4: Await the Belizean diplomatic mission’s notification
The fourth step involves waiting for the Belizean diplomatic mission to decide and notify you of your visa application. The waiting period does not exceed one month.
Step 5: Pick up your visa-stamped passport and travel to Belize
When your Belizean visa application is successful, you are required to collect your original passport from the embassy or consulate.
In that case, you can purchase a flight ticket to Belize and travel.
Validity Period of Belize Visa
The duration of a Belizean short-stay visa differs from that of a long-stay visa. Short-stay visas are legally acceptable for three months, while long-stay visas have a validity period that does not exceed one year.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do green card holders need a visa for Belize?
No, persons with a green card can travel without a visa to Belize for a period not longer than one month.
How long can a United States citizen stay in Belize without a visa?
A citizen of the United States of America can stay in Belize without a visa for one month.
What is the safest city in Belize?
Placencia is the safest city in Belize as it has a low crime rate compared to all other cities in the country.
How do I get a visa to Belize?
You can get a Belizean visa by applying through the embassy or consulate in your country.
What documents are required for entry into Belize?
It would be best if you had a valid passport and visa to travel to Belize as a foreigner. You must apply at a Belizean diplomatic mission to obtain the visa by providing several documents. These include valid health insurance coverage, an invitation letter, proof of accommodation in Belize, a recent bank statement, and a travel itinerary.
To sum up, obtaining a Belizean visa offers an opportunity to enter the country for some time. With welcoming people, gorgeous scenery, and plenty of fun activities to make you enjoy your stay in Belize, you will indeed have a great time in the country.
If you find out that we failed to include something important, do not hesitate to contact our team for awareness.
Thanks for reading!