Berkeley University For International Students is a great opportunity students can ever wish to achieve. Berkeley University offers the opportunity for international students to study in the United States including New York City campus in the heart of one of the world’s greatest cities. As a student in Berkeley university, you have the chance to experience amazing diversity which can be a tremendous advantage in entering today’s global marketplace.
Berkeley university admits students from more than 50 countries who are currently studying here. Studying at Berkeley offers you great opportunity to achieve excellent networking and exposure to students of various ages and many different cultures. These particular factors enhance the educational experience and assist in preparing students to succeed in a range of careers.
Table of Contents
At Berkeley, you are guaranteed of an outstanding education that’s focused on preparing you for a career. Aside the classroom activities, you’ll participate in an internship, practicum or job-related assignment where you’ll have the opportunity to apply all you’ve learned in a professional setting. Also, you’ll have the chance to experience so many cultural opportunities near the various Berkeley campuses, particularly the many points of interest in and around New York City. We advise that you come and learn more about the international experience at Berkeley College. Learn moire about academic programs, cultural opportunities and services for international students.
International Student Department
The International Students Department at Berkeley provides personal help with SEVIS I-20 or F-1 Students Visa procedures, college life orientation, information on housing, and adjusting to educational practices and life in the United States.
Programs of Study at Berkeley University For International Students
At Berkeley, international students may enrol in any of the programs of study offered in the school. It is important to know that, Berkeley College Online if tailored to meet the needs of international students ts all over the world.
How to Apply for Undergraduate Admission at Berkeley
To apply to Berkeley college, please review the application requirements and process to be sure you have all necessary documents and information ready. You can get assistance from the International Students Office.
The required documents include:
- International application
- Official secondary or post-secondary transcripts of academic grades (translated into English)
- Proof of graduation
- Proof of English language proficiency: TOEFL- score of 500 PBT, 61 IBT IELTS – score of 5.5 or higher Michigan Test – score of 78 or better APIEL – grade 3 or higher English for Sweden – minimum grade of VG or CEnglish for Norway – level 4TOEIC – score 575 or betterUniversity of Cambridge – British Council – with a grade not lower than CSTEP – score 2A or betteriTEP – score of 5 or betterPearsons – score of 43 or higherELS – level 112Kaplan – high intermediateRennert Bilingual
- Level 6 Financial support documentation (showing at least $38,000)$50 (U.S.)
- Application Fee$300 (U.S.) Tuition Deposit$100 (U.S.) International Processing Fee$400 (U.S.) Residence Deposit (for White Plains residents)
How to Apply for Graduate Admission
To apply for graduate admission, you are required to review the application requirements and process to be sure you have all necessary documents and information ready. You can also get assistance from the International Students Office.
The required documents include;
- International Application Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions you have attended and must be translated into English.
- Proof of graduation
- Proof of English language proficiency: TOEFL – score of 80 IBT or higherIELTS – score of 6.5 or higher Resume (a minimum of two years of professional employment is required)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Application for waiver of foundation courses with course syllabi (if student is seeking waivers)
- Application for transfer credit (if student is seeking transfer credit from another graduate institution)
- Financial support documentation (showing at least $38,000)$50 (U.S.)
- Application Fee$300 (U.S.) Tuition Deposit$100 (U.S.) International Processing Fee
Student Visa Requirements
SEVIS I-20( which is needed to obtain an F-1 student visa), must be provided to the college by the student, based on visa regulations, that sufficient finances are available to pay for tuition as sell as living expenses. This can be verified by a certified bank statement showing $38,000 from your sponsor. After been accepted to Berkeley college, the SEVIS I-20 is sent alongside the Acceptance Package.
The specific needs and interests of the international students is been provided by the International Club. This club organizes social and cultural activities including file trips, that acquaint international students with life in America. These meetings often include a trip to the United Nations. Also, not exempted from the activities is the international festivals which are organized by students at individual locations.
Berkeley College in partnership with the American Homestay Network provides and opportunity for international students to stay in an American home in order to start their education. American Homestay Network has hosts throughout the region, convenient to Berkeley’s campuses. You will be able to get acclimated to American life with the help of Homestay and also get oriented with the New York metropolitan area. We strongly advise that you to consider homestay as a place to start your Berkeley experience.