To become a student at Booth University College, you must be knowledgeable about several areas. Among these areas is Booth University College admission requirements in Manitoba, Canada.
Booth University College is a private Christian post-secondary institution that was set up in 1982.
Furthermore, Booth University College (Booth UC) has a small campus situated in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Besides, its campus is made up of both ancient and contemporary buildings like the Petersen Hall, Waldron Building, John Fairbank Memorial Library, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why study at Booth University College Winnipeg?
- 2 Programs of study at Booth University College Winnipeg
- 3 Booth University College admission requirements in Manitoba, Canada
- 4 Booth University College fees for non-Canadian students
- 5 Steps in applying for admission at Booth University College – Winnipeg, MB
- 6 Booth University College financial support for students (scholarships, awards & bursaries)
- 7 Booth University College student services
- 8 FAQs about Booth University College admission requirements in Manitoba, Canada
Why study at Booth University College Winnipeg?
Being a student at Booth University College will promote your interest in multiple ways, which includes;
- Premium quality learning from Booth University College faculty and staff who are kind and benevolent
- Booth University College campus and housing are secured and convenient to students
- Availability of many financial aids such as scholarships, awards and bursaries
- Access to Booth UC John Fairbank Memorial Library, which is stocked with wide-ranging education materials such as 55,000+ textbooks, journals, and so on
- Quick acquaintance of the community and institution due to student orientations
- Aid in preventing sexual violence
- Enhanced fitness as a result of Booth University College sporting activities, evening sports games & tournaments, etc
- You can also join Duckworth Centre Gym at no cost. Besides, the gym features several top-notch weight machines, handball/racquetball courts, cardio equipment, squash courts, etc
- Worthful experiences because of Booth University College mentoring, worship, among others
- Accessibility to many student services that serve almost all your academic needs
- Individualized student guidance from when you begin study till graduation
- Access to state-of-the-art technologies in Booth University College classrooms, which has a great deal of influence in learning. Such technologies include large screens, HD video, and high-quality sound, etc.
- Ability to reassess previous lectures and Booth University College courses of study
- As a DLI, you will be opportune to be acquainted with new people of diverse cultures
- Booth University College academic advisors will help you in planning for your ambitions
- Enhanced wellness and activeness due to Booth University College athletics and recreational activities
- Booth UC student support services are facilitating to students via student support program, accessibility services, student employment, as well as IT support.
Programs of study at Booth University College Winnipeg
Booth University College makes provision of several programs across various fields of study such as Humanities, Business, and Social Sciences. However, you can apply for your chosen program from Booth University College degree programs, diplomas, and certificate programs.
The following are Booth University College programs available to students.
- Certificate of Christian Studies
- Diploma of Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Social Work degree (BSW)
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Business Administration (BBA)
- English (BA)
- Religion (BA)
- Psychology (BA)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (BA)
- Behavioural Sciences (BA)
- Community and Urban Transformation (BA)
- Red River College Degree (RRC 2+2).
Booth University College admission requirements in Manitoba, Canada
You are mandated to fulfill the following requirements to qualify for Booth University College admissions.
- Firstly, you must have graduated from High School. You also need to provide an official transcript from your high school
More so, you need to provide the result of an English language proficiency test
Non-Canadian students are required to provide the test result of an English proficiency test since Booth University College instructors, staff, and faculty train and communicate with students in the English language only.
Thus, participating in an English proficiency test is very vital as one of Booth University College admission requirements in Manitoba, Canada.
It is required if your former education wasn’t in the English language or your main language isn’t English.
However, Booth University College Winnipeg recognizes various results of English language proficiency tests as follows;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic: IELTS Paper-Based Test score not less than 6.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Internet-Based Test score not below 79
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test: Minimum overall score of 60; least score of 60 in each component
Requesting for waiver of English proficiency test requirement
You are allowed to request for the proof of English proficiency requirement to be waived under particular conditions such as if;
- you’ve been living or studying in Canada for a successive period of 10 years
- you’ve completed a study for 3 years in a Canadian high school, university, or college
- you’ve completed secondary school Grade 12 in an institution based in the province of Manitoba. Besides, you need to attain five (5) credits comprising of two (2) English credits at the 40s level with a minimum average of 75%.
- you’ve graduated from a Canadian high school that makes use of Canada’s course of study/curriculum. More so, you are expected to achieve a high school Grade 12 English Literature average not less than 75%
- you’ve attained a minimum grade of 4 in an International Baccalaureate (IB) Higher Level English course or in an Advanced Placement English exam involving Literature, Composition, as well as Language Composition.
Hence, you are exempted from the Booth UC English proficiency requirement if you possess the nationality of one of the following countries;
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British West Indies
- Cayman Islands
- Channel Islands
- Christmas Islands
- Cook Islands
- Faroe Island
- Falkland Islands
- Fiji Islands
- Gilbert & Ellice Islands
- Guam (USA)
- Isle of Man
- Leeward Islands
- New Caledonia
- New Hebrides
- Norfolk Island
- New Zealand
- Pitcairn Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Kitts & Nevis
- Vincent & Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos Islands
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- UK Virgin Islands
- USA Virgin Islands
- Wake-Midway Island (USA)
- Windward Islands
Booth University College admission requirements for international transfer students
- You must attain a minimum entering Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.0 to transfer credits to Booth University College. Also, make sure that the name of your institution is approved among the list of International Association of Universities.
However, if your intention is to transfer credits to Booth UC Bachelor of Social Work degree (BSW) or Social Work After-Degree program, you must attain an entering CGPA, not below 2.5.
Booth University College fees for non-Canadian students
Below is an outline of Booth University College tuition per term for non-Canadian students from the USA.
- Tuition (5 courses): $5,595 Canadian Dollars
- Student Services fee (5 courses): $300 Canadian Dollars
- Health Insurance coverage per year: $767 Canadian Dollars
Booth University College tuition for other international students per academic term
- Tuition (5 courses): $6,180 Canadian Dollars
- Student Services fees (5 courses): $300 Canadian Dollars
- Health Insurance coverage for one year: $767 Canadian Dollars
Steps in applying for admission at Booth University College – Winnipeg, MB
You need to act by the following steps to successfully apply for admission at Booth University College.
- Decide on your preferred program of study, and confirm if you meet its admission requirements.
- Complete the application process prior to the deadline
- Provide official transcripts to Booth University College
- Receive a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) and pay tuition deposit before the date stated on your LOA
- Apply for a Canadian study permit
Booth University College financial support for students (scholarships, awards & bursaries)
The following are financial supports open to students at Booth University College.
- Entrance Scholarship
- 2 + 2 Business Scholarship
- Business Innovation Scholarship
- The Reg Rowe Bursary
- Fisher Memorial Social Work Scholarship
- President’s Entrance Scholarship
- Edgar & Fairie Halsey Memorial Scholarship
- Charles & Hazel Knowles Memorial Bursary
- Mayor’s Scholarship for Community Leadership
- Transfer Student Scholarship
Booth University College student services
Here are the services provided by Booth University College to its students.
Booth University College student support services
- IT Support
- Student Employment
- Accessibility Services
- Student Support Program
Booth University College spiritual life services
- Bible Study
- Worship Services
Booth University College academic support services
- Academic Advising
FAQs about Booth University College admission requirements in Manitoba, Canada
Where is Booth University College located?
Ans – Booth University College address: 447 Webb Pl, Winnipeg,
MB R3B 2P2, Canada.
What is Booth University College’s Designated Learning Institution number?
Ans – Booth University College’s DLI # O19147992362
How much is Booth University College application fee for international students?
Ans – CAD $150
How much is health insurance at Booth University College?
Ans – $767 Canadian Dollars
Do I need to register for Booth University College health insurance?
Ans – No
What period will I be covered with Booth University College health insurance?
Ans – From September 1 to August 31 of the following year
How will I receive my offer of admission from Booth University College?
Ans – Through a courier service provider
What is the location of Fairbank Memorial Library?
Ans – 300-290 Vaughan St.
Winnipeg MB R3B 2N8.
What is the instruction language in Booth University College?
Ans – English
What is Booth University College’s code for TOEFL?
Ans – 7951
How do I contact Booth University College about admissions?
Ans – Booth University College phone number: 1 (204) 947-6701
Toll-free number: 1 (877) 942-6684
Booth University College email: [email protected]
Who needs an English proficiency test at Booth University College?
Ans – Applicants who are not a citizen of Canada or its permanent resident
Do I need to send my English proficiency test result to Booth University College?
Ans – Yes, you need to send the official test result of your IELTS/TOEFL/CAEL to Booth University College.
Will Booth University College admit me if I did not satisfy all its admission requirements?
Ans – Yes, you will be admitted as a Special Admission Student
How do I apply for Booth University College residence?
Ans – Through Booth University College student portal myBoothUC.ca