Is there anything you would like to know about the Botswanan embassy in Canada? If so, then the contents of this article will meet all your informational needs.
Instead of setting up an embassy in Canada, the Republic of Botswana founded a consulate in the capital of Canada, which is Ottawa, Ontario.
The Consulate of Botswana in Ottawa, Canada makes provision of sufficient consular services just as they are availed by embassies.
Therefore, you won’t lack from the non-existence of a Botswanan embassy in Canada.
The information on this article includes several things you surely have interest to know. These include on the address, phone number, fax and services of the Botswanan consular in Canada.
In this article
- What is an Embassy?
- About Botswana
- Address of Botswanan consular in Canada
- Botswanan consular in Canada contact details
- Addresses of Canadian consular in Botswana
- Top 3 services provided by Botswanan consulate in Canada
- Passport applications, renewals and replacements
- Visa services
- Marriage, birth, and death registrations
- How to apply for passport at Botswanan embassy in Canada
- STEP 1: Complete application form in person at the consulate
- STEP 2: Submit the passport application form and pay processing fee
- STEP 3: Allow for processing
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Embassy?
Generally speaking, an embassy is the major office where the diplomatic mission of a country stays in another country for the purpose of providing specific services to citizens who are living, working or studying overseas.
In most cases, embassies are set up in the capital of a foreign country. As regards to Canada, Ottawa is her capital, which is located in the Canadian province of Ontario.
In lieu of having a Botswanan embassy in Canada, the Republic of Botswan set up a consulate in Ottawa, Canada.
The Botswanan consulate in Canada provides Botswana and Canada’s citizens with an extensive range of services, which include assistance in visa application, passport, among others.
The Republic of Botswana is a country with almost all of its area surrounded by land in Southern Africa. Of course, Botswana has a total land area of 581,730 square kilometer (km2). Her capital is Gaborone.
As a landlocked republic, Botswana got free from the British control during the 1960s, which enables her to become an independent nation.
Moreover, the Republic of Botswana population amounted to 2,254,068 after an estimate in year 2018.
Furthermore, Botswana borders with some other African countries on her south, west, north, southeast, and on her northeast region.
These countries include Zimbabwe, South Africa, as well as Namibia.
Address of Botswanan consular in Canada
Since there is no Botswanan embassy in Canada, citizens of Botswana can still get a number of services from the consulate in Canada.
Indeed, Botswana has just one (1) consular in Canada. This Consulate of Botswana is located in Ottawa, province of Ontario, Canada.
Below is the address of the Consulate of Botswana in Ottawa, Canada.
- Consulate of Botswana address: 30 Chinook Crescent, Ottawa,
ON H2H 7E1, Canada
Botswanan consular in Canada contact details
The following are the contact information of the Consulate of Botswana in Canada.
- Phone number: +1 (613) 596-0166
- Fax: +1 (613) 596-2342
Addresses of Canadian consular in Botswana
Without doubt, citizens of Canada in Botswana can benefit from a variety of consular services and aid during their stay in the country.
Thus, here are the address, phone number and email of the Consulate of Canada in Gaborone, Botswana.
- Consulate of Canada in Botswana address: 9th floor, iTowers North,
Lot 54368 Gaborone
Phone number: (267) 3160 926, as well as (267) 3160 946
Email: [email protected]
Additionally, the Consulate of Canada in Botswana opens only on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 12pm.
Top 3 services provided by Botswanan consulate in Canada
The following are surely list of three (3) top services accessible at the Botswanan consulate in Ottawa, Canada.
- Passport application, renewal and replacement
- Visa services
- Marriage, birth and death registration
Passport applications, renewals and replacements
It is definitely permissible to contact the Botswanan embassy in Ottawa when you want to apply for a new passport or seek replacement or renewal if expired or lost.
If you are a Canadian citizen who needs a visa to travel to Canada for whatsoever purpose, the Botswanan consulate in Ottawa can help you in applying and processing your visa to Botswana.
Marriage, birth, and death registrations
In case you got married or had a child in Canada, the lieu of Botswanan embassy in Canada can help in registering your marital status.
If you lost a loved one in Canada, the Botswanan consulate in Ottawa can render assistance in registering the death of such person and will issue death certificate as proof.
How to apply for passport at Botswanan embassy in Canada
Undoubtedly, you can apply for Botswanan passport at the consulate in Ottawa through these three (3) simple steps.
- Complete application in person at the consulate
- Submit the passport application form and pay processing fee
- Allow for processing
STEP 1: Complete application form in person at the consulate
As the initial step for Botswanan passport application, you need to visit the consulate in Ottawa, Canada in order to complete the application form.
STEP 2: Submit the passport application form and pay processing fee
This step requires you to submit the application form after completely filling out the necessary fields. Besides, you need to pay a certain fee when submitting the form at the consulate.
STEP 3: Allow for processing
Of course, your Botswanan passport will not undergo instant processing. Hence, you must wait for its complete processing, which takes place in Botswana.
Documents required to apply for Botswanan passport
The following are list of required documents to apply for Botswana passport if you are aged at least 16 years old.
- Original with a duplicate copy of your Botswanan National identity card (Omang)
- Former Botswanan passport (physical type) or an affidavit or police report if your former passport got lost
- Parent’s citizenship certificate, including yours if parents immigrated to Botswana
- Your parent’s Omang details, along with details of their native land
Nevertheless, you need different supporting documents to apply for a passport at the consulate in lieu of Botswanan embassy in Canada.
Here are documents needed to apply for Botswanan passport if you are below 16 years old.
- Your original birth certificate, and its duplicate copy
- Parent(s)’s Omang card (must be original)
- Omang card of your guardian if your parents have passed away or outside Canada (should be original). Their death certificate(s) are also required to prove their death.
- Your former Botswanan passport
- Parents’ citizenship certificates, and maybe yours if your parents are immigrants of Botswana.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Botswana need visa to Canada?
Yes, Canada is not visa-free to Botswana citizens. Thus, you need a Canadian visa to enter anywhere in Canada.
Do Canadian citizens need a visa for Botswana?
No, citizens of Canada do not need a Botswanan visa to visit Botswana for a maximum period of 90 days.
Without the unavailability of Botswanan embassy in Canada, the consulate in Ottawa is capable of providing sought-after services to citizens. Thanks for reading.