Brandon University Scholarships for international students come in different forms, and international students who have completed their first years can have access to them once they meet the requirements.
These scholarships help the students have fewer financial burdens and focus on their studies. In addition, some of these scholarships are specifically for international students, making them more accessible to international students who don’t have to compete with local students.
In this article
- Brandon University
- Brandon University webmail
- Brandon University Moodle
- Brandon University Information For International Students
- How to apply to Brandon University as an international student
- Brandon University Scholarships
- How To Apply For The Brandon University Scholarships
- Brandon University Courses
- Frequently Asked Questions about Brandon University
Brandon university was established in 1899 and is located in Brandon, the second largest city in the province of Manitoba, Canada. The university admits students based on their previous academic records and offers various programs.
Brandon University webmail
Student email in Brandon University HSA has been transferred to Office365 since August 2015, and since then, all student messages have been delivered to their Office365 account.
How to open webmail
- Double Click the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop.
- Go to the BU home page (www.brandonu.ca) and click on the Webmail link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter your BU login username and password in the appropriate fields, and click OK
Setting up Office 365
To set up your office 365 access:
- In the upper left, click “Office 365”.
- On the right, click “Install Office apps.”
- When prompted, click the link titled “Start ->.”
- When prompted, uncheck the Bing and MSN boxes if you wish to keep your search and homepage settings, and click “Install Now” (optional). You can navigate back to mail if you don’t want to have the program installed.
- The office 365 install file will be downloaded, opened, and run it:
- On the following screen, click “Next.”
- Choose “Use recommended settings and click “Accept.”
- Click “Next” again
- Choose a theme if you wish, and click “Next.”
- If you would like a quick tour of Office 365, choose “Take a look,” otherwise select “No, thanks.”
- Office 365 will finish setting up and return you to the Office 365 home page.
- To navigate to your mail from this page, choose the Menu button in the upper left, and select “Outlook” from the menu that opens up.
Brandon University Moodle
The university website states, “Moodle is a learning platform designed to provide educators, administrators, and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalized learning environments.”
To students, moodle is a one-stop place to get all of our course information where professors will post the course outline, important dates, information, and supplementary materials. Some professors even post-practice quizzes or tests and their slides from the lectures.
Therefore, moodle is very important to you as a student of Brandon University from your first year to your final year. Hence you must know how to navigate moodle.
How to use Moodle
1: Before you begin, you need to know the classes you are in and the password given out by your professor on the first day of class. If you missed the first day of lectures, you must ask your professor for the password
2. Go directly to the Brandon University Moodle to the website moodle.brandonu.ca
Go to the Brandon University website at www.brandonu.ca. Under the blue heading ‘Student Resources’, click on the ‘Moodle Log In’ link
3. Navigate to ‘Log in’ on the left-hand side. Type in your username and password, which will be the same username and password for your brandonu email and what you use to access your student information and course changes.
4. You will be logged in to a similar page as before.
5. Navigate to ‘Course categories,’ search for your class in this list and scroll through the list and find your department. Click on the department.
6. You will see a list of the courses offered in your department in numerical order according to the last three digits of course codes. Find your course and make sure it is the right course. Sometimes two of the same course are offered in the same terms, so make sure it is your Prof in the square brackets behind the course name. Click on the course.
7. The screen will change and show a description of the course. Below the description is a field to type in the ‘enrolment key’ or the moodle password. Please type the password as precisely as the Prof gave you because it is case-sensitive.
8. The screen will change again, and you will view the course’s Moodle page. This means that you have successfully logged in.
Brandon University Information For International Students
International students can enjoy the educational and multicultural environment of Brandon University, with international students from five continents and over 30 countries adding to its distinct international flavor.
Brandon University is a convenient, clean, and friendly environment for international students. Classes are small, and students can enjoy close interaction with their professors. In addition, students enjoy low tuition fees at Brandon University as it is one of the most affordable Canadian universities. The City of Brandon also has a low cost of living compared to most major cities in Canada.
International students can start studying in Manitoba at any level of their education, after which they can switch to Brandon University for a higher degree. For instance, you can complete high school in Manitoba and then continue your studies at Brandon University.
International students who have finished their first year of studies at Brandon University are eligible for a wide variety of scholarship opportunities, including some reserved for international students. But to access these scholarships, you must be admitted into Brandon University as an international student.
How to apply to Brandon University as an international student
To gain admission to Brandon University, international students must do the following:
- Fill out an online application form.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee.
- Submit all official, original documents (not copied, faxed, emailed, or scanned) from all previously attended educational institutions. Documents must be presented in English and sent to the Admissions Office by the granting institutions in a sealed envelope.
- A certified translator must translate these documents not that are not in English. The translator must note they received the transcript(s) in a sealed envelope from the school and/or post-secondary institution.
- Take an English proficiency test if you are from a non-English speaking country.
Please get in touch with the Admissions Office at [email protected] for more information about university admission.
Brandon University Scholarships
There are different scholarships offered at the Brandon university which include:
1) International Baccalaureate Scholarship
2) Ap advanced Placement scholarship
3) Applied For Entrance Scholarships
International Baccalaureate Scholarship
This scholarship is mainly for high school students who have completed the International Baccalaureate and are entering the university for the first time. To be considered for this type of scholarship, applicants must
- Be entering the university for the first time.
- Have completed the International Baccalaureate.
- Register in a minimum of 12 credit hours at Brandon University
- Eligible Countries: International students from all over the world can apply
- Suitable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship is open for any subject offered in the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- High school students entering university for the first time who have completed the full IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma will receive an IB (International Baccalaureate)
International students who are victorious will get $2 800 from Brandon University to cover their educational expenses in Canada.
Applicants are not required to claim transfer credit to receive IB (International Baccalaureate) Scholarships.
The chart below explains how the international Baccalaureate scholarship will be received:
IB DIPLOMA SCORESCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT
Ap advanced Placement scholarship
This scholarship is also for students entering the university for the first time and who excelled in the advanced placement courses. Eligibility for this scholarship includes:
- Applicants must maintain registration in a minimum of 12 credit hours at Brandon University.
- Applicants must not claim transfer credit in order to receive Advanced Placement (AP) Scholarships.
The chart below explains how the scholarships will be distributed:
AP COURSE SCORESCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT
Apply For Entrance Scholarships
To be considered for this type of scholarship, you must meet the below requirements
- You must provide your transcript to Brandon University
- You must apply for admission to the Brandon university
- Have a Grade 11 or Grade 12 scholarship average of at least 85%;
- Submit an online application and any required supporting documents before the deadline.
How To Apply For The Brandon University Scholarships
You can apply only if you have been successfully admitted to the Brandon University
- Claim your Brandon university ID
- Log in To the student information portal
- Add awards to your application
- Upload supporting documents
- Review the information and apply.
The Application Deadline is from April to September every year.
Brandon University Courses
Brandon University was established in 1899 and is located at 270 18th St, Brandon, MB R7A 6A9, Canada, the second-largest city in Manitoba, Canada.
Bachelor of Arts (3-Year, 4-Year, or 4-Year Honours)
- Aboriginal Art (minor only)
- Applied Disaster & Emergency Studies (4-year and 4-year Honours major and minor only)
- Art and Visual Culture (minor only)
- Business Administration
- Canadian Studies (3 years major only)
- Ceramics (minor only)
- Creative Arts (major only)
- Creative Writing (minor only)
- Drama (minor only)
- Drawing (minor only)
- French (3 years and four years major and minor only)
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies (4-year and 4-year Honours major only)
- Liberal Arts Distributed Major (major only)
- Music Arts (3-year major, three or 4-year minor)
- Native Languages (minor only)
- Native Studies
- Painting (minor only)
- Political Science
- Rural and Community Studies
B.Sc (3-Year, 4-Year, or 4-Year Honours)
- Applied Disaster & Emergency Studies (4-year and four year Honours major only)
- Computer Science
Bachelor of Business Administration (4 Year and 4 Year Honours)
- Accounting Stream (4-year and 4-year Honours major only)
BA of Fine Arts (4-Year or 4-Year Honours)
- Aboriginal Art
- Digital Media and Design (2 + 2 )
- B.Ed – After Degree (AD) (2-Year)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (5-Year Integrated)
- Concurrent Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Education (A.D.) (5-Year Concurrent)
Bachelor of Physical Education Studies (3-Year)
- Teaching Stream
- Exercise Science and Fitness Stream
- Recreation and Sport Management Stream
Bachelor of Nursing (1 + 3 Years)
- A Pre-nursing year of 30 credit hours is required before admission into the program’s highly competitive second year.
B.Sc of Psychiatric Nursing (1 + 3 Years)
- Students must select either the Brandon University or the University of Winnipeg site
- A Pre-Psychiatric Nursing year of 30 credit hours is required prior to admission into the highly competitive second year of the program
Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Music (4-Year Honours)
- Music (4-Year Performance) – piano, organ, voice, strings, guitar, woodwinds, brass, percussion, percussion/drumset, and jazz. Audition is required after completion of the common first year.
- Bachelor of Music (Major in School Music)/Bachelor of Education (5-Year Concurrent) – elementary, choral, or instrumental
- Bachelor of Music (4 Year Specialist in School Music).
Frequently Asked Questions about Brandon University
Where is Brandon University?
Ans. Brandon University was established in 1899 and is located at 270 18th St, Brandon, MB R7A 6A9, Canada, the second-largest city in the province of Manitoba, Canada.
What is Brandon University Ranking?
Brandon University is ranked #67 university among the top universities in Canada and #2437 among the world-leading universities.
What courses are offered at Brandon University?
Brandon University offers a wide range of undergraduate degrees to its students. You can get a degree in the following fields at Brandon University.