Brighton College admission requirements criteria include many procedures which must be followed by the applicant.
These procedures include entry assessment tools and admission requirements to ensure all students have the required language competencies and the basic knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve program outcomes as intended by the college for their students.
In this article
- Brighton College Canada
- Brighton College Admission Requirements
- Admissions Policy:
- International students Admissions at Brighton College
- Basic Admission Requirements for international students
- English Language Proficiency Test For international students
- International Students Visa Process
- Program Specific Admission Requirements
- Brighton College Tuition Fees
Brighton College Canada
Brighton College Canada was established in 2000 as a Vocational Training College in Vancouver.
The College focuses on career training in fields like Business, AutoCAD, Construction, IT, Trading, International Trade, Accounting, Hospitality, and Office Administration which prepares the student to face world problems in the market.
Brighton College Admission Requirements
The Brighton College Admission requirements are necessary for students who want to get admission into the college to undertake a study in any of the programs offered at the institution. Below is a list of requirements for admission into Brighton
To be qualified for admission into Brighton College, applicants must;
- Have high school diploma (or equivalent) or mature student status;
- Domestic: Grade 10 English or pass College English assessment;
- International student: Must have proof of IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) or pass College English assessment
Under no circumstances, can these Admission Requirements be waived.
Brighton College Educational Advisors will assist you every step of the way through the admissions procedure.
Our programs are open to any person 18 years and above who is a high school graduate, and who can benefit from the instructional curriculum of the college.
Some programs may have different admissions requirements, so you must meet with the College’s Educational Advisors in order to discuss the requirements and gain acceptance into any of our programs.
Once you have found a program of interest, you will complete the appropriate admissions assessment, designed to measure the skills needed to successfully complete the program of your choice. —— for all programs, the English language requirement should be met but for certain programs, the appropriate entry assessment test must be completed and passed.
A designated Education Advisor will work side-by-side with you to determine the most suitable program for you, discussing all related costs and financial options that may be available to you.
They will also explain the eligibility status and how to apply for scholarships! You are also welcome to register for campus tours to get an inside look at the classrooms, meet our staff, and get acquainted with our college.
All applications will be reviewed fairly and professionally. If the capacity for a specific program exceeds, Brighton College has the right to select applicants according to prior achievement.
Brighton College is committed to providing accurate and useful information and guidance to prospective students to ensure they make good decisions about their program of study. Admission criteria in Brighton College are well-publicized and applied consistently.
Entry assessment tools and admission requirements ensure students have the required language competencies (see Language Proficiency Assessment Policy), and the basic knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve program outcomes. Admission requirements may not be waived by either the student or the College.
Before entering into any contract, students are provided with the following policies, including a Letter of Acceptance or student enrollment contract:
- Tuition and Refund Policy
- Student Dispute Resolution Policy
- Grade Appeal Policy
- Withdrawal Policy
- Dismissal of Student Policy
- Admissions Policy
- Student Attendance
- Work Experience Policy
- PLAR Policy and Procedure
- Language Proficiency Policy
- Applicants must consult with an Educational Advisor who will ensure the student has met the enrolment requirements for the program he/she has chosen.
- After meeting admission requirements, the Educational Advisor will explain the required key policies with the student prior to signing the enrollment contract.
- Method of payment and payment plan will be discussed and confirmed.
- The Educational Advisor will complete all required paperwork for the student’s file including but not limited to: Enrollment Contract, Program Outline, and Language Proficiency Assessment Proof.
- The Student’s file will be passed to the office administrator who will reconfirm the student has met the admission requirements and will process the student’s file.
- A Brighton student ID will then be assigned, and the student will be admitted into the program
International students Admissions at Brighton College
Brighton College Admission Requirements for international students who want to study at Brighton and enjoy the over 30 hands-on training programs that suit the industry requirements are as follows.
The programs that these international students will enjoy at Brighton include both diploma and certificate programs designed to meet various needs in the marketplace. The following programs are available for students at Brighton College
Basic Admission Requirements for international students
The basic Brighton College Admission Requirements for international students which they must meet include
- Original or certified copies of official transcripts/ certificates/ diplomas which prices your academic qualification
- Transcripts with certified translations from an authorized institution
- Have a high school diploma/ mature student status or equivalent;
- Provide Proof of English language proficiency for the preferred programs;
- Must meet the Program-specific requirements
- Must be legally eligible to study in Canada.
All applications must be done using Brighton College Application Form
Application Fee: The application fee for international students is 75 CAD
After the completion of the application, you must submit the complete package with your application fee which will be sent to the following address:
- Admissions Office
- #305, 4538 Kingsway
- Burnaby, BC V5H 4T9
Or email [email protected]
English Language Proficiency Test For international students
All international students seeking admission into Brighton College must provide a test result of an internationally approved English test exam, not later than two years from the date of submitting the application.
This is especially for international students whose language of study or first language is not English. Below is a list of approved English tests a student can write.
|CAEL||50 (60 for all healthcare programs)|
|Brighton College English Entry Assessment Test||60%|
Apart from the above-mentioned exams, to provide proof of English language proficiency students can
- Provide a B.C. Secondary School grade 10 English or its Equivalent from another institution
- Show proof of a diploma or degree from a post-secondary institution that uses English as the language of tuition
- Complete the required ESL Level.
International Students Visa Process
One of the Brighton College Admission Requirements for international students is the eligibility to study in Canada. This can only be achieved when an international student has been issued a student visa which allows the student to undertake his or her studies in Canada.
Any student applying for a visa to Canada must first check whether they require a visa or eTA depending on the duration of the program.
You must apply for a Canadian Visa as an international student seeking admission to Brighton College. For your study visa to Canada you must provide the following documents:
- Copy of passport or any other valid travel document.
- Medical examination
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- Proof of financial support
- Letter of explanation
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Police certificate confirming no criminal offense records.
- Intention to leave Canada after study permit expiry must be clearly stated.
All applications can be submitted either online or offline. Note that online applications have the advantage of been processed faster.
Program Specific Admission Requirements
Apart from the general Brighton College Admission Requirements, certain programs have their own specific requirements for students seeking admission for the programs. Below is a table showing the requirements for those programs
|Requirements||Architectural Design And Building Technician Diploma||Construction Project Management Diploma||Business Management Diploma||Accounting And Payroll Administrator||Civil Infrastructure Design Technology|
|Admission Fee||75 CAD||75 CAD||75 CAD||75 CAD||75 CAD|
|Course Duration||35 weeks||35 weeks||49 weeks||17 weeks||35 weeks|
|Practicum||4 weeks||4 weeks||No practicum||No practicum||4 weeks|
|Academic Requirements||High school diploma or mature student status||High school diploma or mature student status||High school diploma or mature student status;
Grade 10 Math, or pass college mathematics assessment
|High school diploma or mature student status;
Grade 10 Math, or pass college mathematics assessment
|High school diploma or mature student status;
Grade 11 Math, or pass college mathematics assessment; basic knowledge of computer.
|English language proficiency test scores||IELTS score of 6.0||IELTS score of 6.0||IELTS score of 6.0||IELTS score of 6.0||IELTS score of 6.0|
Brighton College Tuition Fees
Students who meet Brighton College Admission Requirements must also know what the tuition fees at the college look like before applying to study at the institution. The fee is different for local and international students who want to study at Brighton. Below is the tuition fee for the programs offered at Brighton College with the application fee for each program.
|Brighton College Program||Application Fee (Non-refundable)||Tuition Fee (Domestic)||Tuition Fee (International)|
|BUILDING & ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY|
|Architectural Design and Building Technician Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$14,700.00||$18,450.00|
|AutoCAD Drafting and Design Specialist Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$14,700.00||$18,450.00|
|Construction and Drafting Technician Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$14,700.00||$18,450.00|
|Civil Infrastructure Design Technology Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$14,700.00||$18,450.00|
|Structural and Building Technology Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$14,700.00||$18,450.00|
|Construction Project Management Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$14,700.00||$18,450.00|
|Construction Operations and Supervision Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$14,700.00||$18,450.00|
|Green Building and Sustainable Design||$150.00 / $250.00||$15,250.00||$19,825.00|
|Construction Operations Technician Certificate||$150.00 / $250.00||$9,400.00||$11,700.00|
|CAD Drafting for Civil Infrastructure Certificate||$150.00 / $250.00||$8,400.00||$10,450.00|
|CAD Drafting for Building Certificate||$150.00 / $250.00||$8,400.00||$10,450.00|
|ABM In Accounting Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$16,500.00||$20,650.00|
|Business Management Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$11,500.00||$14,400.00|
|Business Administration Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$7,500.00||$9,750.00|
|Office Assistant Certificate||$150.00 / $250.00||$3,840.00||$4,900.00|
|Computerized Accounting and Office Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$9,500.00||$12,090.00|
|Accounting and Payroll Administrator Certificate||$150.00 / $250.00||$5,800.00||$7,250.00|
|Hospitality Management with Co-op Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$13,700.00||$17,400.00|
|Hospitality Management Diploma||$150.00 / $250.00||$9,900.00||$12,900.00|
|Hospitality Operations Certificate||$150.00 / $250.00||$6,800.00||$8,500.00|
|Hospitality and Customer Service Certificate||$150.00 / $250.00||$3,200.00||$3,999.00|