If you plan a business trip to Cambodia, you must obtain a Cambodia Business visa. The only possible means of getting the visa is through a Cambodian embassy or consulate.
There are many reasons to consider doing your business in the Kingdom of Cambodia, which can be because of the country’s fast-paced economy, special economic zones, free trade agreements, low rate of corporate tax, as well as its Dollarization. Due to Cambodia’s Dollarization, many foreigners prefer the country to do their business, as it’s easy for them to transact in United States Dollars. With a valid Cambodian Business Visa, you can also work for an employer or company within the country, provided that you are eligible.
This article will outline the steps to take in obtaining a Cambodian Business Visa, including its requirements, processing time, fee, and duration.
In this article
- Who Needs to Apply for Cambodia Business Visa?
- Cambodia Business Visa Fees
- Processing Time
- Cambodia Business Visa Requirements
- How to Get Cambodia Business Visa
- Step 1: Gather all the documents required for Cambodia Business Visa applications
- Step 2: Fix an appointment with a Cambodian embassy or consulate
- Step 3: Complete the application form for Cambodian Business Visa
- Step 4: Visit the nearest diplomatic mission in Cambodia
- Step 5: Wait for the Cambodian embassy or consulate’s notification
- Validity Period of Cambodia Business visa
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who Needs to Apply for Cambodia Business Visa?
A Cambodian Business Visa (EB) is a type of visa that allows foreigners to enter the Kingdom of Cambodia either for employment or business purposes. The visa is only suitable for twelve months.
Besides, there are two different ways to apply for a business visa to Cambodia: through a diplomatic mission or on arrival at the Port of Entry (POE).
The Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has suspended Cambodia’s Business Visa on Arrival (VOA) due to COVID-19. Hence, the only way to get this type of visa is through any Cambodian diplomatic missions worldwide.
Cambodia Business Visa Fees
Foreigners applying for this visa need to pay an application fee of 35 USD. The fee is payable to the Cambodian diplomatic mission in your home country through money order or cashier’s check.
Cambodian embassies and consulates often take seven to ten working days to process a business visa application. To avoid delays in processing, you must submit all the required documents on time.
Cambodia Business Visa Requirements
Before applying for Cambodia Business Visa, it is vital to have the following documents, as the Cambodian diplomatic mission needs them to decide on your application.
- A filled-out Cambodia Business Visa application form. Be sure to provide correct answers for all fields on the form, including your full name and precise signature.
- A valid passport, which must be in good condition. Remember that your passport must be officially acceptable for the next six months and should have a blank page for your new visa stamp.
- One copy of the biographic page in your passport
- A colored photograph of 2” by 2 “, taken not more than the previous three months in a white background.
- A business cover letter on your company’s letterhead
- Your company’s certificate of existence
- The Cambodian company’s proof of registration and patent tax certificate for the actual year
- Proof of confirmed travel plans for your entire business trip, including a copy of your flight itinerary and round-trip ticket
- Evidence of valid health insurance coverage of not less than $50,000
How to Get Cambodia Business Visa
Here are the steps to take towards getting a Cambodian Business Visa through an embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
- Gather all the documents required for Cambodia Business Visa applications
- Fix an appointment with a Cambodian embassy or consulate
- Complete the application form for Cambodian Business Visa
- Visit the nearest diplomatic mission
- Wait for the Cambodian embassy or consulate’s notification
Step 1: Gather all the documents required for Cambodia Business Visa applications
As the initial step in applying for a business visa to Cambodia, you must first collect all the required documents and prepare their photocopies.
Step 2: Fix an appointment with a Cambodian embassy or consulate
Next, you must locate a Cambodian embassy or consulate in your country or the nearest country.
Check out a list of the Cambodian embassies and consulates in foreign countries.
Step 3: Complete the application form for Cambodian Business Visa
The third step in getting a Cambodian Business Visa involves filling out an application form and signing it.
Step 4: Visit the nearest diplomatic mission in Cambodia
After filling out all fields on the Cambodia Business Visa application form, you have to submit it and your supporting documents to a Cambodian embassy or consulate.
You can submit them in person or via mail, depending on the diplomatic mission’s choice.
Step 5: Wait for the Cambodian embassy or consulate’s notification
Finally, you are required to anticipate a notification from the Cambodian diplomatic mission regarding your business visa application.
You will receive the notification within ten days of applying for the visa.
Validity Period of Cambodia Business visa
A business visa for the Kingdom of Cambodia is valid for up to one year. This means that holders of a Cambodian Business visa can work or do business in the country for twelve months.
However, they can apply for a Cambodia Business Visa extension before the expiry of their current visa.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible for a business visa to Cambodia?
To be eligible for a business visa to Cambodia, you must have completed the visa application form. You also need to provide a valid passport or travel document, a colored 2” by 2 “photograph, your business cover letter, a round-trip ticket and flight itinerary, your company’s certificate of existence, your host’s proof of registration and patent tax certificate for the actual year, and a valid health insurance coverage.
How long does it take to get a Cambodian Business Visa?
In most cases, Cambodian embassies and consulates review business visa applications and notify each applicant of its decision within ten working days.
Is it easy to get Cambodia Business Visa?
Yes, obtaining a business visa for entry into the Kingdom of Cambodia is not difficult. Meeting the visa requirements is generally a breeze, as well.
How can I get a business visa for Cambodia?
There are a few steps involved in getting a Cambodian Business Visa:
- Your passport or travel document must be valid. If not, you must obtain a new one before starting the visa application process.
- You must fill out a visa application form and attach your passport-sized photo.
- You must pay the visa fee, submit the required documents, and await the embassy’s decision.
Remember that the submission is only to the Cambodian embassy or consulate in your home country.
What are the documents required to apply for Cambodia Business Visa?
The documents you need in applying for a Cambodian Business Visa include a valid passport, one passport-sized photo, a completed visa application form, the patent tax certificate and proof of registration of a Cambodian company, a round-trip ticket, and your travel itinerary.
Why should I do business in Cambodia?
The Kingdom of Cambodia is a great place to do business due to its fast-growing economy and large market for businesses, which has a lot of potential for business growth. Moreover, the Cambodian government welcomes foreign businesspersons and provides loads of incentives for businesspersons to establish themselves successfully in the country.
What business is good in Cambodia?
There is a guarantee for several businesses to perform well in Cambodia. These include agriculture, manufacturing, tourism, automotive, energy, and construction businesses.
Is Cambodia Business Visa on Arrival suspended?
Yes, Cambodia’s Business Visa on Arrival is currently on halt because of COVID-19 travel restrictions. Besides, the date when foreigners will be suitable to start collecting on arrival visas is unknown.
How can I stay permanently in Cambodia?
There is nothing to worry about supposing that you wish to live permanently in the Kingdom of Cambodia. You can become a Cambodian permanent resident by extending your ordinary visa indefinitely. However, remember that Cambodia does not have a permanent residency visa.
How much does Cambodia Business Visa cost?
A Cambodian Business Visa costs $35 and has a validity period of 12 months, equivalent to one year.
How long can I stay on a Cambodian Business Visa?
Holders of a valid Cambodian Business Visa can stay in the Kingdom of Cambodia for up to one year.
Can my application for a Cambodian Business Visa be rejected?
Yes, Cambodian embassies and consulates have the right to reject business visa applications due to any reason whatsoever. Primary causes include incomplete documentation, false input or information on the visa application form, and not meeting its requirements.
To sum up, the good news about the application process for Cambodia Business Visa is that it is relatively straightforward, provided you have all the required documents.
With proper preparation and compliance with the abovementioned procedures, foreign businesspersons and workers can take advantage of this visa to set up and attend to their business or to work in Cambodia.
Thanks for reading!