There is no doubt that the Cameroonian embassy in Canada provides a wide range of consular services.
Such services include consular card, passport (application, renewal or replacement), application for visa, birth certificate transcription, marriage celebration, travel certificate, moving certificate, legalization & authentification of documents, authorization to deceased persons, among others.
With this in mind, this article focuses on information about the Cameroonian embassy in Canada.
Exploring this article also enables you to know more regarding the Cameroon consulate in Ottawa, its address and contact information, services, etc.
In this article
- What is an Embassy?
- About Cameroon
- Address of Cameroonian embassy in Canada
- Cameroonian embassy in Canada contact details
- Addresses of Canadian consular in Cameroon
- Top 4 services provided by Cameroonian embassy in Canada
- 1. Passport services
- 2. Emergency consular aid
- 3. Visa application services
- 4. Legalization & authentification of documents
- How to apply for passport at Cameroonian embassy in Canada
- STEP 1: Register online for your Cameroonian passport
- STEP 2: Apply at the Cameroonian embassy in Canada
- STEP 3: Collect your passport at the Cameroonian embassy in Canada
- How to get job in Cameroonian embassy in Canada
- Holidays observed by the Cameroon embassy in Canada
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Embassy?
Indeed, an embassy is a diplomatic mission sent by a country to another country in order to provide certain services to citizens of that country who are overseas.
Of course, the main purpose of an embassy is to serve the citizens of a country who are abroad for visit, study, work or have immigrated.
At an embassy, you can get visa, passport services, notarial services, legalization of documents, police clearance certificate, and more.
Undoubtedly, the Cameroonian embassy in Canada offers most of these services to her citizens, as well as to Canadian citizens.
Cameroon is indeed a republic located in the western coast of central Africa. Besides, the Republic of Cameroon has a total land area of 475,442 square kilometers (km2).
On January 1, 1960, Cameroon gained independence from the French and British.
Furthermore, the Republic of Cameroon shares borders with several countries on her north, west, east, south, as well as in her northeast region.
For instance, Cameroon has a border with Nigeria on both north and west region. Cameroon also shares a border with Chad, Gabon, Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, and with the Republic of the Congo.
According to an estimate in year 2020, the population of Cameroon amounted to 26,545,864. Cameroon population consists of people that speak up to 250 different languages.
In addition, bilateral relations exist between Cameroon and Canada, which has given rise to numerous favorable outcomes. The bilateral relation has been longstanding for more than 50 years.
Above all, Cameroon and Canada are both members of the United Nations (UN), Organisation internationale de la Francophonie, and Commonwealth.
Address of Cameroonian embassy in Canada
In 1962, Cameroon founded the High Commission for the Republic of Cameroon in Ottawa, Canada.
Hence, here is the address of the High Commission in Ottawa, Canada.
- High Commission in Ottawa, Canada address: 170 Clemow Ave, Ottawa,
ON K1S 2B4, Canada
Cameroonian embassy in Canada contact details
Without doubt, you can get through to the Cameroonian embassy in Canada by initiating a phone call to +1 (613) 236-1522.
Addresses of Canadian consular in Cameroon
Undeniably, Canada has established an embassy in Cameroon since 1962. This embassy is widely known as the High Commission of Canada in Yaounde, which is located in the capital of Cameroon.
Moreover, Canada has an consulate in Douala, Cameroon.
Below are the complete contact information, including address, mailing address, phone number and email of the Canadian embassy in Cameroon.
- The High Commission of Canada in Cameroon address: Les Colonnades Building,
New Bastos, 607 Road 1792
Mailing address: P.O. Box 572, Yaoundé, Cameroon
Phone number: (+237) 222 50 39 00
Fax: (+237) 222 50 39 04
Email: [email protected]
Besides, The High Commission of Canada in Cameroon operates on Mondays to Fridays at different times as indicated below.
- Monday to Thursday: Open from 8am to 12:30pm, 1:30pm to 5pm
- Friday: Open from 8am to 1:30pm
Additionally, The High Commission of Canada in Cameroon serves Canadian citizens in Douala – Cameroon, N’Djamena – Chad, Libreville – Gabon, as well as in Bangui – Central African Republic.Austrian Embassy in Canada
Top 4 services provided by Cameroonian embassy in Canada
The Cameroonian embassy in Ottawa serves citizens of Cameroon in several ways by availing several consular services.
The following are the general consular services provided by the Cameroonian embassy in Canada.
- Passport application, renewal and replacement
- Visa application
- Consular card registration
- Marriage celebration application
- Birth certificate transcription application
- Authorization to transport deceased persons
- Legalization & authentification of documents
- Travel certificate application
- Moving certificate application
Therefore, here are the top-ranked consular services set apart from the above list.
- Passport services
- Emergency consular aid
- Visa application services
- Legalization & authentification of documents
1. Passport services
Without doubt, the Cameroonian embassy in Canada avails comprehensive services to Cameroon citizens who need to apply, renew and replace their passport while in Canada.
Indeed, this process requires you to fill out some forms, pay online, as well as submitting your application.
2. Emergency consular aid
Of course, the Cameroon consulate in Ottawa offers several services to Cameroonian citizens in Canada whenever they have a matter that demands urgency or are facing any kind of crisis.
Examples of these situations include:
- Sickness or injury
- Sexual assault in Canada
- Death in Canada
- Arrest and detention in Canada
- Missing persons
- Passport security
- Financial assistance
- Hijacking, hostage takings and kidnappings
- Large-scale emergencies in Canada
- Forced marriage
- Child abduction and parenting or custody issues
- Lost or stolen belongings in Canada
- Physical assault in Canada
How do I get emergency consular aid in the Cameroon consulate in Ottawa?
You can access emergency consular aid from the Cameroonian consulate in Canada by reaching out via any of these methods.
- For Cameroonians in Canada: 613-996-8885
- Toll-free number: 1 (800) 387-3124
- Phone number for TTY Cameroonians: 613-944-1310
- Toll-free number for TTY: 1 (800) 394-3472 (Canada and USA)
- Emergency passport services on weekends and statutory holidays: 1 (800) 567-6868 (toll-free in Canada)
- Email: [email protected]
3. Visa application services
You are surely required to apply and get a Cameroonian visa if you are a Canadian citizen who wants to come to Cameroon for any reason.
Undeniably, the Cameroonian embassy in Canada is helpful to Canadian citizens in getting any type of visa required.
4. Legalization & authentification of documents
Indeed, the consulate in Ottawa gives aid to Cameroon citizens in authenticating their Cameroonian driving license, as well as to legalize their Cameroonian document(s) and power attorney.
How to apply for passport at Cameroonian embassy in Canada
Simply by acting in accordance with few easy steps, you can successfully apply for passport at the Cameroon embassy in Ottawa, Canada.
Thus, the following steps must be considered online, and at the Cameroon embassy Ottawa for your travel document or passport application.
- Register online for your Cameroonian passport
- Apply at the Cameroonian embassy in Canada
- Collect your passport at the Cameroonian embassy in Canada
STEP 1: Register online for your Cameroonian passport
Before anything else, it is mandatory for you to register online for your Cameroonian passport. Indeed, this step allows you to schedule an appointment for Cameroonian passport’s enrollment process.
STEP 2: Apply at the Cameroonian embassy in Canada
Of course, you need to enroll in person on your appointment day at the Cameroon embassy in Canada.
It is equally important for you to take the information sheet generated after the registration process, among others.
These documents will be used to open a file for you at the embassy. On your appointment day, you are also required to provide a return envelope featuring your mailing address.
If you are visiting the Cameroon embassy Ottawa for passport renewal, you need to provide the original and photocopy of your consular card.
STEP 3: Collect your passport at the Cameroonian embassy in Canada
This is the last step to apply for passport at the Cameroonian embassy in Canada. Hence, you need to collect your passport after your application has been forwarded to Cameroon by DGSN.
If GDNS has already validated your file, your Cameroonian passport will be ready in less than 48 hours.
Without doubt, your Cameroonian passport will be sent to your mailing address via the return envelope initially submitted.
How to get job in Cameroonian embassy in Canada
Of course, you can work with the Cameroon embassy in Canada. Job opportunities are accessible from the website of the Cameroon embassy in Ottawa, ON, Canada.
Upon visiting the website, you will be able to view the listings of available job opportunities with ease. Information on the job application processes is also included on the website.
Holidays observed by the Cameroon embassy in Canada
If you are planning a visit to the Cameroonian embassy in Canada, it is necessary for you to consider all statutory holidays in Canada because the High Commission in Ottawa does not open on these days.
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- February 11 – Youth Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- May 3 – International Labour Day
- “ 20 – Cameroon National Day
- End of Ramadan
- July 01 – Canada Day
- September 06 – Labour Day
- October 11 – Thanksgiving Day
- November 11 – Remembrance Day
- December 27 – Instead of Christmas Day
- “ 28 – Boxing Day
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to process visa at the Cameroonian embassy in Canada?
At the Cameroon embassy in Ottawa, visa application require at least 21 working days for processing.
Is there a Canadian embassy in Cameroon?
Yes. Indeed, Cameroon has a Canadian embassy in her capital, Yaoundé.
How do I pay for Cameroon visa application to the Cameroonian embassy in Canada?
Through cash, money orders, as well as certified checks
Which nationalities have exemptions for entry visas to Cameroon?
Citizens of Central African Republic, Nigerians, as well as Chadians
All things considered, we look forward to you appropriately using this informational post on Cameroonian embassy in Canada for your benefit.
Kindly share this article to family, friends or whosoever that needs to know about Cameroon consulate in Ottawa. Thanks for reading!