Camosun International Scholarship for graduating seniors in Canada is open for all students who meet the eligibility requirements.
There are many advantages, including Camosun International Scholarship, British Columbia, Canada, which serves as supports to registered students at Camosun College.
Camosun College was set up in 1971. Besides, Camosun College is a public post-secondary institution with two (2) campuses in Victoria, the Canadian province of British Columbia.
Additionally, Camosun College campuses are sited in Lansdowne and Interurban, Victoria, BC, Canada.
Camosun College also offers a vast number of credentials, applied learning, and study programs including the University Transfer program, Academic Upgrading & preparatory, co-op and career services, apprenticeship, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why study at Camosun College?
- 2 Camosun College Student Services
- 3 Camosun College study areas
- 4 Camosun College Programs and Courses
- 5 Documents and certificates required to apply for Camosun College admissions
- 6 Camosun College tuition fees per semester
Why study at Camosun College?
When you study at Camosun College Victoria BC, you’ll be opportune to get many benefits such as;
- A wide selection of study programs to choose from.
- Learning is one of the biggest public colleges in British Columbia.
- Studying and living in Canada’s friendliest city, Victoria, BC.
- Victoria, BC is also supportive of young professionals.
Availability of various study options such as full-time, part-time, online, in-class/face-to-face, blended delivery, as well as off-campus learning.
- Moderate weather that is easy to cope with.
- Training in small-sized classrooms containing not more than 40 students.
- Availability of clinical and fieldwork placement, co-op/internship, as well as apprentice training, which enhances your adeptness and work experience.
Camosun College Student Services
When you undergo study at Camosun College, you’ll be able to benefit from various services for students as demonstrated below.
Camosun College Academic Support services
- Help Centres
- Academic Advising
- Camosun College Bookstore & Printshop Services
- Online Learning
- Technology Support
- Writing center & Learning Skills
- Office of the Ombudsperson
- Centre for Accessible Learning.
Camosun College Health & Wellness services
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Office of Student Support
- Fitness and Recreation
- Sexual Violence Support & Education
- Prayer and Meditation Space.
Camosun College Enrolment Support
- Camosun College Admissions
- Transfer credit
- Criminal record check
- Assessment & testing
- Student records & transcripts
- Tuition & fees
- Financial aid & awards.
Camosun College Campus Life services
- Orientation & Transition
- Campus Security
- Athletic & Exercise Therapy (AET) clinic
- Camosun College Dental clinic
- Massage Therapy clinic
- Camosun College Parking and Transportation
- Cafeterias and restaurants.
Camosun College study areas
Below are the study areas of Camosun College programs
- Natural Sciences
- Arts & Humanities
- Human Services
- Engineering & Technology
- Sports & Exercise
- Health Sciences
- University Transfer programs
- English as a Second Language & Academic Upgrading
- Practical English & Career Exploration
- Post-degree programs.
Camosun College Programs and Courses
Camosun College provides an extremely long list of study programs throughout various studies like Arts, Business, Sciences, Sport and Exercise Education, Engineering & Technology, and Health & Human Services.
Additionally, there are up to 160 programs available for enrolment at Camosun College Victoria BC.
Therefore, you can easily apply for your preferred credential, including advanced certificate, advanced diploma, associate degree, certificate, degree program, diploma, or post-degree diploma.
Here are some of the programs offered by Camosun College Victoria BC.
- Academic Upgrading, Certificate
- Accounting and Finance, Advanced Certificate
- Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology, Diploma
- ” Tourism & Hospitality Management, Post Degree Diploma
- Arts and Science Studies, Diploma
- Athletic & Exercise Therapy, Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic English as a Second Language, Certificate
- Biology, Associate of Science Degree
- Building Employment Success for Tomorrow, Certificate
- Business Administration, Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting Major)
- ” ”, ” ” (Human Resource Management & Leadership Major)
- ” ”, ” ” – Marketing Major
- ” ”, Certificate
- ” ”, Diploma (Accounting Option(
- Business Administration, Diploma (Finance Option)
- ” ”, Diploma (General Management Option)
- ” ”, ” (Marketing Option)
- ” ”, Post-degree Diploma (Accounting Option)
- ” ”, ” ” (General Management Option)
- ” ”, ” ” (Human Resource Management & Leadership Option)
- ” ”, ” ” – Marketing Option
- Certified Dental Assistant, Certificate
- ” Medical Laboratory Assistant, Certificate
- Civil Engineering Bridge to UBC, Advanced Diploma
- ” ” Technology, Diploma
- Comics & Graphic Novels, Certificate
- Community, Family and Child Studies, Diploma
- Computer Network Electronics Support Technician, Certificate
- ” ” ” Technician, Advanced Certificate
- Criminal Justice, Diploma
- Dental Hygiene, Diploma
- Digital Communication, Certificate
- ” Production, Writing, and Design
- Early Learning and Care, Diploma
- Economics, Associate of Arts Degree
- Education Assistant and Community Support, Certificate
- Electrical & Computer Engineering Bridge to UVic, Advanced Diploma
- ” Engineering Technology – Marine & Industrial, Diploma
- Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology – Renewable Energy, Diploma
- Engineering Transfer (First Year Engineering), Certificate
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP), Certificate
- ” Language Development
- ”, Associate of Arts Degree
- Environmental Technology, Diploma
Other Camosun College Courses
- General Arts, Associate of Arts Degree
- ” Science, Associate of Science Degree
- Health Care Assistant – ESL, Certificate
- ” ” ”, Certificate
- Hospitality Management, Diploma
- Information and Computer Systems Technician, Certificate
- ” ” ” ” Technologist, Diploma
- Interactive Media Developer Technician, Certificate
- ” ” ” Technologist, Diploma
- Kinesiology, Diploma
- Massage Therapy, Diploma
- Mechanical Engineering Bridge to UBC, Advanced Diploma
- ” ” ” ” UVic, Advanced Diploma
- ” ” Technology, Diploma
- Mining Engineering Bridge to UBC, Advanced Diploma
- Music Creativity and Performance Foundations, Certificate
- ” Performance, Diploma
- Office Administration, Certificate
- Practical Nursing, Diploma
- Pre-Social Work, Associate of Arts Degree
- Psychology, Associate of Arts Degree
- Public Administration, Diploma
- Sport and Fitness Leadership, Bachelor’s Degree (Exercise & Wellness Specialization)
- ” Management, Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
- University Transfer
- Visual Arts, Diploma, among others.
Documents and certificates required to apply for Camosun College admissions
You are mandated to provide the following documents and certificates before you can be considered for Camosun College admissions.
- Valid passport. (Scanned copy of your passport biographic data page)
- A valid Canadian study permit
- High school or post-secondary education certificates and transcripts of study. (translation required if not in the English language)
- Proof of English proficiency
Camosun College requires its international students to provide the result of a valid English proficiency test.
Hence, you can use any of the following English proficiency test scores to apply at Camosun College.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): internet-Based Test score of 78 overall (no sub-score below 19)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): IELTS Academic score of 6.0 overall (least sub-score of 6.0)
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment: CAEL CE score of 60 overall (no sub-score less than 60)
- Cambridge English tests: C1 Advanced score of 174 overall (no sub-score less than 169)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic): Minimum score of 54 overall (no sub-score less than 50)
- Duolingo English Test: Least score of 105 for a majority of certificates and diploma programs, including BBA (with exemption to Nursing and some other Health-related programs).
Moreover, post-degree programs (all majors) require a minimum score of 115. This is also applicable to degree programs at Camosun College Centre for Sport and Exercise Education.
- GTEC Computer-based Test score of 1200 overall (Least scores in various English skills; Writing = 270, Listening = 335, Speaking = 260, Reading = 325).
Camosun College tuition fees per semester
|Duration of study||Fee per semester ($ Canadian Dollars)|
|Tuition (for 5 courses)||7,595|
|Student Benefits Plan||278|
|Medical Insurance (basic medical coverage)||Ranging from 300|
|Books and supplies (varies based on course selection)||from 1,000|
|Co-op Term Tuition (if applicable)||1,570|
|English Language Development (ESL)|
|Duration of study||4 months|
|Tuition fee||5,440 (For the majority of ESL courses)|
|Student Benefits Plan||278|
|Other fees required by Camosun College students|
|Medical Insurance (basic medical coverage)||Ranges from 300|
|Books and supplies (depends on the course)||from 100|
However, you can opt for Camosun International Scholarship, British Columbia, Canada if you feel that the above fees are too expensive.
Camosun International Academic Advancement Scholarship
This scholarship consists of five (5) awards, which are only offered to international students at Camosun College Victoria BC.
Furthermore, Camosun International Academic Advancement Scholarship is awarded yearly to full-time international students who have been studying at Camosun College for at least one year.
More so, each awardee of the Camosun International Academic Advancement Scholarship is rewarded with “$1,000 Canadian Dollars”. Besides, this scholarship is funded by Camosun International.
Additionally, international students who applied for Academic Advancement Scholarship are ranked and selected based on outstanding academic performance and community involvement.
Application deadline: 1st of May, 2022.
Eligibility requirements for Camosun International Academic Advancement Scholarship
- Firstly, you must have a valid Canadian study permit
- Secondly, you are expected to be an international student at Camosun College Victoria BC
- Thirdly, you must have a minimum Grade Point Average of 7.0 (A-)
- Besides, it’s mandatory that you’ve completed not less than 2 full-time semesters in any Camosun College program before the 1st of May, 2022.
- Furthermore, you must provide a record of your volunteering works and evidence of active participation in the community.
Documents required to apply for Camosun International Scholarship
- Application form for Academic Advancement Scholarship
- Reference Letter provided by the supervisor of your volunteering work/community project.
- A single-page cover letter that entails your volunteering work(s)/community involvements.
Moreover, you’ll be notified by the 31st of May if you were considered for Camosun International Academic Advancement Scholarship.
Benefits of Camosun College career
You’ll enjoy several benefits when hired for any Camosun College job.
Such benefits include;
- Top-notch health benefits
- Encouraging and cooperative co-workers
- Employees achievements are recognized and rewarded
- Competitive salaries
- In-house training
- Lower tuition fee if you intend to further your studies at Camosun College
- Access to fitness and recreation centers located within Camosun College Victoria BC campuses.
FAQs about Camosun International Scholarship, British Columbia, Canada
Q. Where are Camosun College campuses located?
- Camosun College Lansdowne Campus:
3100 Foul Bay Rd.,
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
- Camosun College Interurban Campus:
4461 Interurban Rd.,
Victoria BC V9E 2C1
Q. How much is Camosun College’s application fee?
Ans – $100 Canadian Dollars
Q. How do I send supporting documents to Camosun College?
Ans – Via [email protected]
Q. How can my transcript get to Camosun College Victoria BC?
Ans – Send by courier.
Q. How do I contact Camosun College Victoria, BC?
Ans – Camosun College phone number: (250) 370-3000.
Toll free number: +1 (877) 554-7555.
Q. What credentials are offered by Camosun College?
- Advanced Certificate
- ” Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Post-Degree Diploma