Can I get Permanent Residence While Studying in Canada? As an international student in Canada, how can I apply to become a permanent resident? First, look at some requirements and pathways for international students to get a Canadian Permanent Residency.
Canada is a beautiful place to want to continue to work, study and live in. Hence many international students already studying in Canada on a study permit desire to settle permanently in Canada, given the enormous infrastructure facilities, access to a quality life, substantial job opportunities, diversity of cultures, quality standard of living, and many more.
Permanent Residence While Studying in Canada
You can not apply for PR until after graduation, as there are now various programs in place to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency. You, however, must first acquire a work permit to stay in Canada. After graduation, you can apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program (PGWPP).
The PGWPP program permits graduates from Canadian Post Secondary institutions to get practical Canadian Work Experience. The Canadian Experience Class visa category enables graduates to meet the requirements for the PR in Canada by acquiring the much-needed Canadian skilled work experience through the PGWPP program.
Please also note that:
- A work permit via the PGWPP program can be issued for the period of the applicant’s study program, up to a maximum of three (3) years.
- A work permit through PGWPP cannot be liable for more than the applicant’s study program, and the study program needs to be at least eight (8)months.
- Aside from the Post Graduation Work Permit, you must fulfill the required criteria (refer to the CIC website for detailed information).
A Little About Canadian Experience Class Category for PR in Canada?
A foreign student who graduated from a Canadian educational institution is more likely to have the qualities required to become a permanent resident of Canada than the temporary one.
It’s assumed that the student will be well aware of Canadian Communities and society and, thus, can contribute immensely to the economy of Canada. But, they must be proficient in English or French and have the qualifying work experience.
Essential Eligibility Criteria For Canadian Experience Class
It would help if you had the following;
- Acquiring experience in Canada with proper authorization,
- Meeting the essential language proficiency levels for your job profile for every language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening)
- A minimum of 1 year of full-time (or part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three (3) years before your application,
- To stay outside the Quebec province.
Acquiring detailed information regarding Study permits & PR for Canada?
Aside from the above general instructions and procedures, there are various aspects and internal things which involve clear understanding before applying for the Visa under a particular category.
Missing or incomplete application documents or information may lead to rejection. In such an event, you will need help and assistance from a reliable Visa Consultancy Services or agent to fast-track the complex immigration procedure and visa categories.
In conclusion, studying in Canada can be an excellent opportunity to gain permanent residency. You can make your dreams of living in this beautiful country a reality with hard work and dedication. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your move and start building the life of your dreams today!