Canada Immigration rank candidates in the express entry pool using a points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). They then select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool and invite them to apply for permanent residence. Canada Immigration: Latest Express Entry Draw – Feb 13, 2021.
Each round of invitation has a set of instructions that are:
- posted online at the time of the invitation round
- used by the Express Entry system to invite candidates from the pool
The instructions include:
- the date and time of the invitation round
- the number of candidates that will get an invitation to apply
- which immigration program(s) are included in the round (some invitation rounds may only invite candidates for 1 program, for example only from Federal Skilled Trades)
Check your score and then use this information to see how likely you are to get an invitation in the next round.
|CRS score range||Number of candidates|
The numbers in this table reflect the total number of people in the pool overall, a few days before an invitation round. The score distribution may change as people submit new profiles and other profiles expire.
The table numbers not in bold are a detailed breakdown of the bold number immediately above.
Low CRS Score?
If your score is lower than the cut off mark, you may not get selected in a draw, but there may be ways to improve your score or other immigration options in addition to Express Entry. Try one of these resources!