Would you like to hire a Canada Immigration Lawyer in Leduc, Alberta? If so, you’re making a great decision. Immigration lawyers are experts in Canadian immigration law and can help you with every step of the process, from choosing the right visa to submitting your application. They can also represent you in front of Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and help you get through any challenges that may come up along the path of moving to Canada.
Finding the best Immigration Lawyer in Leduc
The number of people in Leduc, AB in 2022 is 33,505 residents which means it is a fairly large city in Alberta, hence it is still possible to find the best visa agents from within. Here are some tips on how to hire the best Canada Immigration Lawyer in Leduc. We’ve also included contact address of some of the best Immigration Consultants within Leduc.
In this article
- Who is a Canada Immigration Lawyer?
- Benefits of Hiring a Canada Immigration Lawyer or Consultant in Leduc
- Law societies in Canadian provinces and territories
- How much does an immigration lawyer cost in Leduc?
- Types of immigration visas that need an Immigration Representative
- How to check if Leduc Immigration Lawyer is recognized by IRCC
- How to check if an Immigration Consultant is Regulated in Canada
- Best 10 Immigration Lawyer in Leduc, AB
- What questions to ask immigration lawyer?
- Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors in Leduc
- Find Canadian Immigration Agents in Cities Near Leduc
Who is a Canada Immigration Lawyer?
A Canada Immigration Attorney is a professional who supports people with the process of migrating to Canada. These professionals know the Canadian permit law and how to navigate the rules set out by IRCC for the benefit of their clients.
Benefits of Hiring a Canada Immigration Lawyer or Consultant in Leduc
There are many reasons why you should employe a Canada Immigration Attorney in Leduc, Alberta. Some of the following are the most important:-
- They can help you understand the immigration process – Canada’s immigration system is complex. An experienced and licensed lawyer can help you understand IRCC rules and regulations so that you know what to expect.
- A good Immigration Lawyer can help you prepare your application – An experienced lawyer will know what documents are required and how to properly fill them out. This increases the chances that your application will be approved, in a timely manner possible.
- They can represent you in court – If your application is denied or additional document/explanation is requested, a lawyer can help you appeal the decision.
- They can negotiate on your behalf – A lawyer can contact the authorities on your behalf and advocate for you if there are any problems with your application. Without this, you are only left with use of IRCC web form as your only choice of getting your voice heard.
- A regulated Immigration consultant is bound by a code of ethics – All members of ICCRC are required to follow a strict code of ethics. This includes confidentiality, honesty, and integrity. As you can imagine, this helps to protect you as an applicant.
Why Hire Immigration Agent from Leduc?
In addition to the above benefits of using an experienced Immigration Attorney for your immigration, visa or study permit application, choosing your Immigration Lawyer from Leduc has the following added benefits to you if you reside there or any other city in Alberta, Canada:-
- The Immigration Lawyer lives with you in Leduc, hence it is easy to connect with him/her or even visit their office address. You can call the visa agent on phone for cheap since you share the same location, meet them in person or contact them virtually via zoom, Teams or any other remote meeting platform.
- When it comes to immigration applications, similarity of language promotes communication, confidence and understanding. Majority of Canada Immigration Lawyers in Toronto speak ?? which you will mostly likely understand.
- Since you live in the same city of Leduc, it is easier to verify the authenticity of the immigration lawyer through various societies that regulate the legal profession in Leduc, through Bar Society of Canada, Alberta Provincial Bar Association website, IRCC or the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consults (CICC), if the representative is a regulated consultant.
Law societies in Canadian provinces and territories
Your Leduc, AB Immigration Lawyer should be subject to any of the law societies in Canada. The following are the names and websites of provincial and territorial law societies in Canada. Feel free to contact any of them to verify authorization of whichever immigration lawyer you hire to represent you in Leduc:
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Law Society of Alberta
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Law Society of Ontario
- Barreau du Québec
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island
- Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Law Society of Yukon
- Law Society of the Northwest Territories
- Law Society of Nunavut
How much does an immigration lawyer cost in Leduc?
The cost of hiring an immigration lawyer in Leduc, AB can vary depending on the services you need and the lawyer’s experience. Typically, lawyers charge representation fees by the hour, with rates ranging from CAD$100 to CAD$500 per hour. Some may also charge a flat fee for specific services. When comparing prices, be sure to ask about all fees and charges upfront so there are no surprises later on.
Some Canadian Immigration Lawyers in Leduc prefer to have initial consultation with their clients before signing an authorization to represent them. The consultation fees vary between CAD$75 – CAD$500 / hour, depending on complexity of client’s profile and the kind of application interested in.
A pre-consultation can help the consultant assess a potential client’s eligibility for various Canadian immigration programs and visas. They’re able to disclose all requirements and supporting papers you will require for a successful processing, and of course provide expert answers to all your Canadian immigration questions.
Types of immigration visas that need an Immigration Representative
There are many different types of immigration programs, each with its own set of requirements. Some common examples include:
- Visiting Canada
- Studying in Canada
- Immigrating to Canada
- Working in Canada
- Refugee or asylum seeker status
- Visa extension, study permit extension, restoration of status in Canada.
And every other applications submitted to Citizenships and Immigration Canada, Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada or the Canada Border Services Agency from Leduc, Alberta.
How to check if Leduc Immigration Lawyer is recognized by IRCC
The Immigration Lawyers in Canada are not currently regulated by a specific body or organization. However, many immigration lawyers choose to belong to the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers (CARL) or the Immigration Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA). Canada Immigration Lawyers in Leduc are likely regulated by the Law Society of Alberta.
To join these law organizations, a Leduc Immigration Lawyer must meet certain standards of education, experience and ethics. These organizations also require their members to stay up-to-date on the latest changes to Canadian immigration law. You can verify if your Canada Immigration Lawyers in Leduc, AB is a member of either CARL or the CBA by visiting their websites above.
How to check if an Immigration Consultant is Regulated in Canada
If your representative is an RCIC, then they must be regulated by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC). The CICC is the designated body that regulates Canada Immigration Consultants. You can verify an RCIC’s membership by visiting the CICC website and searching for their name or consulting firm.
As of 2022 the CICC has many authorized Canadian immigration consultants who are based in Leduc, Alberta. We will include name and address of some of these consultants and lawyers below.
Best 10 Immigration Lawyer in Leduc, AB
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|Shawar Law||Immigration Law, Criminal Defense Law, Divorce & Family Law||+17807566400||10973 98 Street Nw, Edmonton, AB T5H 2P7, Canada|
|Snyder & Associates||Divorce & Family Law, Immigration Law, Real Estate Law||+17804264133||10180 101 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 3S4, Canada|
What questions to ask immigration lawyer?
When meeting with a potential Canada Immigration Attorney, it is important to ask questions. This will help you determine if they are the right fit for your needs. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is your experience with Canadian immigration law?
- Do you have any specialization in a particular area of immigration law?
- How many cases have you handled that are similar to mine?
- What is your success rate in cases like mine?
- Do you have any experience with the visa type that I am applying for?
- What are the likely outcomes of my application?
- How long will the process take, and may I include my family?
- What are your fees, what do they include and payment structure?
- Can you provide me with references from past clients?
Remember: asking these questions will help you get a better idea of the lawyer’s experience and whether they are a good fit for your application. It is also important to make sure that you are comfortable with the lawyer and feel like you can trust them.
Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors in Leduc
There are many Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs) in Leduc, AB. RISIAs are authorized by the Canadian Government to provide immigration advice to international students. You can find a list of RISIAs on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website.
When choosing a RISIA to represent you in Leduc, it is important to make sure that they are qualified and that you feel comfortable with them. You can ask them questions about their experience and qualifications, and you should also ask for references from past clients.
It is important to note that RISIAs are different from immigration consultants. RISIAs can only provide advice to international students, whereas immigration consultants can provide advice to all types of immigrants.
If you are an international student in Leduc and you need help with your immigration application, we recommend that you contact a RISIA anywhere in Alberta or Canada.
Find Canadian Immigration Agents in Cities Near Leduc
Workstudyvisa.com provide free information for Canada Immigration to residents of Toronto. Curators at Workstudyvisa.com have many years of experience with Canadian immigration rules and have helped many immigrants move to Leduc successfully. If you are looking for help with your immigration case, our team would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.