Would you like to engage a Canada Immigration Lawyer in Lethbridge, Alberta? If so, you’re making a great decision. Immigration lawyers are experts in Canadian immigration law and can help you with every step of the process, from choosing the right visa to submitting your application. They can also represent you in front of Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and help you get through any correspondense that may come up along the path of moving to Canada.
Finding the best Immigration Lawyer in Lethbridge
The number of people in Lethbridge, AB in 2022 is 92,563 residents which means it is a comparably large city in Alberta, hence it is still possible to find the best visa agents from within. Here are some guides on how to engage the best Canada Immigration Lawyer in Lethbridge. We’ve also included contact information of some of the best Immigration Consultants near Lethbridge.
In this article
- Who is a Canada Immigration Lawyer?
- Benefits of Hiring a Canada Immigration Lawyer or Consultant in Lethbridge
- Law societies in Canadian provinces and territories
- How much does an immigration lawyer cost in Lethbridge?
- Types of immigration visas that need an Immigration Representative
- How to check if Lethbridge Immigration Lawyer is recognized by IRCC
- How to check if an Immigration Consultant is Regulated in Canada
- Best 10 Immigration Lawyer in Lethbridge, AB
- What questions to ask immigration lawyer?
- Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors in Lethbridge
- Find Canadian Immigration Lawyers in Cities Near Lethbridge
Who is a Canada Immigration Lawyer?
A Canada Immigration Attorney is a professional who assists people with the process of immigrating to Canada. These professionals understand the Canadian immigration rules and how to navigate the rules set out by CIC for the benefit of applicants.
Benefits of Hiring a Canada Immigration Lawyer or Consultant in Lethbridge
There are many reasons why you should engage a Canada Immigration Attorney in Lethbridge, Alberta. Some of the following are the most important:-
- They can help you understand the immigration process – Canada’s immigration system is complex. An experienced and licensed lawyer can help you understand IRCC rules and regulations so that you know what to expect.
- A good Immigration Lawyer can help you prepare your application – An experienced lawyer will know what documents are required and how to properly fill them out. This increases the chances that your application will be approved, in a timely manner possible.
- They can represent you in court – If your application is denied or additional document/explanation is requested, a lawyer can help you appeal the decision.
- They can negotiate on your behalf – A lawyer can contact the authorities on your behalf and advocate for you if there are any problems with your application. Without this, you are only left with use of IRCC web form as your only choice of getting your voice heard.
- A regulated Immigration consultant is bound by a code of ethics – All members of ICCRC are required to follow a strict code of ethics. This includes confidentiality, honesty, and integrity. As you can imagine, this helps to protect you as an applicant.
Why Hire Immigration Representative from Lethbridge?
In addition to the above benefits of using an experienced Immigration Consultant for your immigration, visa or study permit application, choosing your Immigration Lawyer from Lethbridge has the following added benefits to you if you reside there or any other city in Alberta, Canada:-
- The Immigration Lawyer lives with you in Lethbridge, hence it is easy to connect with him/her or even visit their office address. You can call the visa agent on phone for cheap since you share the same location, meet them in person or contact them virtually via zoom, Teams or any other remote meeting platform.
- When it comes to immigration applications, similarity of language promotes communication, confidence and understanding. Majority of Canada Immigration Lawyers in Toronto speak ?? which you will mostly likely understand.
- Since you live in the same city of Lethbridge, it is easier to verify the authenticity of the immigration lawyer through various societies that regulate the legal profession in Lethbridge, through Bar Society of Canada, Alberta Provincial Bar Association website, IRCC or the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consults (CICC), if the representative is a regulated consultant.
Law societies in Canadian provinces and territories
Your Lethbridge, AB Immigration Lawyer should be subject to any of the law societies in Canada. The following are the names and websites of provincial and territorial law societies in Canada. Feel free to contact any of them to verify authorization of whichever immigration lawyer you hire to represent you in Lethbridge:
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Law Society of Alberta
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Law Society of Ontario
- Barreau du Québec
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island
- Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Law Society of Yukon
- Law Society of the Northwest Territories
- Law Society of Nunavut
How much does an immigration lawyer cost in Lethbridge?
The cost of hiring an immigration lawyer in Lethbridge, AB can vary depending on the services you need and the lawyer’s experience. Typically, lawyers charge representation fees by the hour, with rates ranging from CAD$100 to CAD$500 per hour. Some may also charge a flat fee for specific services. When comparing prices, be sure to ask about all fees and charges upfront so there are no surprises later on.
Some Canadian Immigration Lawyers in Lethbridge prefer to have initial consultation with their clients before signing an authorization to represent them. The consultation fees vary between CAD$75 to CAD$500 / hour, depending on complexity of client’s profile and the kind of application interested in.
A prior consultation can help the consultant assess a potential client’s eligibility for various Canadian immigration programs and visas. They’re able to disclose all requirements and supporting papers you will need for a successful decision, and of course provide expert answers to all your Canadian immigration questions.
Types of immigration visas that need an Immigration Representative
There are many different types of immigration applications, each with its own set of requirements. Some common examples include:
- Visiting Canada
- Studying in Canada
- Immigrating to Canada
- Working in Canada
- Refugee or asylum seeker status
- Visa extension, study permit extension, restoration of status in Canada.
And all other applications submitted to Citizenships and Immigration Canada, Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada or the Canada Border Services Agency from Lethbridge, Alberta.
How to check if Lethbridge Immigration Lawyer is recognized by IRCC
The Immigration Lawyers in Canada are not currently regulated by a specific body or organization. However, many immigration lawyers choose to belong to the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers (CARL) or the Immigration Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA). Canada Immigration Lawyers in Lethbridge are likely regulated by the Law Society of Alberta.
To join these law organizations, a Lethbridge Immigration Lawyer must meet certain standards of education, experience and ethics. These organizations also require their members to stay up-to-date on the latest changes to Canadian immigration law. You can verify if your Canada Immigration Lawyers in Lethbridge, AB is a member of either CARL or the CBA by visiting their websites above.
How to check if an Immigration Consultant is Regulated in Canada
If your representative is an RCIC, then they must be regulated by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC). The CICC is the designated body that regulates Canada Immigration Consultants. You can verify an RCIC’s membership by visiting the CICC website and searching for their name or consulting firm.
As of 2022 the CICC has many authorized Canadian immigration consultants who are based in Lethbridge, Alberta. We will include name and address of some of these consultants and lawyers below.
Best 10 Immigration Lawyer in Lethbridge, AB
What questions to ask immigration lawyer?
When meeting with a potential Canada Immigration Consultant, it is important to ask questions. This will help you determine if they are the right fit for your needs. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is your experience with Canadian immigration law?
- Do you have any specialization in a particular area of immigration law?
- How many cases have you handled that are similar to mine?
- What is your success rate in cases like mine?
- Do you have any experience with the visa type that I am applying for?
- What are the likely outcomes of my plan?
- How long will the process take, and may I include my family?
- What are your fees, what do they include and payment structure?
- Can you provide me with references from past clients?
Remember: asking these questions will help you get a better idea of the lawyer’s experience and whether they are a good fit for your case. It is also important to make sure that you are comfortable with the lawyer and feel like you can trust them.
Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors in Lethbridge
There are many Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs) in Lethbridge, AB. RISIAs are authorized by the Canadian Government to provide immigration advice to international students. You can find a list of RISIAs on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website.
When choosing a RISIA to represent you in Lethbridge, it is important to make sure that they are qualified and that you feel comfortable with them. You can ask them questions about their experience and qualifications, and you should also ask for references from past clients.
It is important to note that RISIAs are different from immigration lawyers. RISIAs can only provide advice to international students, whereas immigration lawyers can provide advice to all types of immigrants.
If you are an international student in Lethbridge and you need help with your immigration application, we recommend that you contact a RISIA anywhere in Alberta or Canada.
Find Canadian Immigration Lawyers in Cities Near Lethbridge
Workstudyvisa.com provide free information for Canada Immigration to residents of Toronto. Editors at Workstudyvisa.com have many years of experience with Canadian immigration programs and have helped many immigrants move to Lethbridge successfully. If you are looking for help with your immigration case, our team would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.