Canada Permanent Residence visa
Home » Canada Permanent Residence Visa- How To Check The Eligible Occupation List

Canada Permanent Residence Visa- How To Check The Eligible Occupation List

Are you planning to apply for Canada Permanent Residence visa? Well, your decision is absolutely justified looking at the friendly immigration policy of Canada and the number of job opportunities there for immigration skilled workers.

But, if you are migrating to Canada as a Skilled Worker, you need to follow a dedicated process. It is definitely not like the process for a visit visa or tourist visa, where you directly apply for the visa without much of the difficulty with regards to eligibility requirements.

To immigrate to Canada on PR Visa as a skilled worker, you are required to apply in any of the relevant immigration programs and fulfil the criteria to get an invite for the PR visa.

Eligibility Occupation List

The applicants looking for Canada PR often remain puzzled about Eligibility Occupation List of Canada. Some countries like Australia have a regular occupation list for which they invite application annually. This list gets reviewed on an annual basis.

But, unlike Australia, Canada is yet to have any federal or central occupation list to invite permanent or temporary visa applications. To know the Occupation list system of Canada, you first need to find information about PR visa pathways in Canada.

Canada PR pathways

In Canada, there are two major pathways to acquire Permanent Residency Visa;

Federal Express Entry System

Express Entry is the major federal online immigration system of Canada. It asks aspirants to register online and afterwards, issue them invitations to apply for PR Visa, based on the CRS points they have scored for the key profile factors, i.e. age, educational qualifications, work experience, language ability, adaptability etc.

The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is the major stream of Express Entry Stream arranged specially for the overseas skilled workers.

Express Entry Eligible occupation list

To be qualified to apply in the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) sub-category, an applicant must have skills and experience matching the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0, A and B occupations.

But, NOC occupation list is not a high demand occupation list of Canada; it’s rather the list to refer to confirm your eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP).

Applying Canada PR Through Express Entry

This guide will show you all that is required to apply for Canada permanent residence under Express Entry.

  • Self-Assessment:- Check you meet the Canada Permanent Resident eligibility requirements and calculate your points.
  • Collect required documents: there are two documents you needed to register your profile in the online express entry system. You will be required to provide IELTS test as English proficiency proof and ECA for verification of your qualifications obtained outside Canada.
  • Create a profile in Express Entry: Now you will register your profile in federal EE system under FSW category and
  • Obtain a minimum of 67 points under FSW category, based on age, language skills, education etc. factors.
  • Get a CRS Score: After completing the above steps, you will find a place in Express Entry pool, where you will be assigned a point score called CRS Score based, education, work experience, language, age etc. parameters.
  • Get ITA- IRCC will launch a draw every Two weeks to issue Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canada Permanent Residence to high scoring candidates in express entry pool.
  • Submit PR vis application- once Invitation to Apply (ITA) is received, you are required to submit complete Canada PR application with needed documents within Two months.
  • Provide PCC and medical certificate- At this stage, you need to provide a medical certificate and Police report Certificate (PCC).
  • Receive PR visa approval: if your submitted application, attached documents, and your candidature are found genuine you will get Permanent residence visa approval from IRCC.

Apply through Provincial Immigration Programs

Now, the other major way to get PR in Canada is to apply in the immigration programs of the Canadian provinces, i.e. apply for any of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) or Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP). These programs run their separate streams as well as stream linked with express entry system to invite applicants to apply in their immigration programs.

Selected applicants get the nomination from the province, which in turn make the candidates eligible to apply for Canada PR to IRCC.

Some of the provinces do have their high demand occupation lists. Thus, if you are applying in any of the Provincial Nominee Programs, you can refer to separate high demand occupation list of that particular Canadian province.

Share this update:

Similar Posts