Are you interested in traveling the world? Do you wish to pursue a degree while doing so? Most Countries gives you the opportunity to study in their country as long as you have a student visa. Canada offers a high quality, research oriented education which is recognized worldwide.
The country is frequently acknowledged as one of the safest, most secure and multicultural environments for international students. Most schools are less expensive than in the US and the UK, which makes them even more attractive for students. Below is how to apply for the Canada Study Visa Requirements.
Offering a high-quality teaching system, Canada is also rich in possibilities and cultures. Research, scientific publications and international collaborations are three of the aspects that Canada and its universities focus on. Below are the main steps on how to get a Canadian visa.
Make A Choice On Your Preferred University To Apply And Get Your Acceptance Letter
You will have to decide where to study in Canada before you can start your student visa application process. After being accepted at a Canadian university, you’ll get an acceptance letter required for visa applications.
Check If You Need A Student Visa For Canada
Applicants in one of the following countries do not need a visa or study permit for Canada:
- If you are a family or staff member of a foreign representative in Canada, who is accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada.
- If you enrol in a programme that lasts less than six months
- If you are a member of foreign armed forces from the Visiting Forces Act
- If you are a citizen of another country, but you have an Indian status registered in Canada
However, you will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada.
Start Your Application For The Canadian Student Visa
After getting the acceptance letter from the university, you can now proceed to the next step to apply for a student visa:
The first steps to obtain your student visa:
- Apply online for your Canadian student visa, on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website before you arrive in Canada;
- In countries with limited internet access it’s also possible to apply for visa on paper;
- Provide an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (a university recognized by the Canadian government);
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources to support your studies in Canada (tuition fees and living expenses);
- You must not have a criminal record;
- Submit clinical records that state you are in good health and complete medical examinations if required.
According to recent visa regulations, if you have a family member working or applying for a work permit in Canada, the application for your study permit will be processed in two weeks.You may renew or extend your study permit, if you wish to continue your studies or if your programme has an extension or if you change your school. The study permit expires ninety days after your studies are finished when you receive a notification of the programme completion.
Prepare All Required Documents For The Student Visa In Canada
- A completed application form
- Original letter of acceptance from the university
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country. If you live in the U.S.A., this is not necessary
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back
- Proof of financial support during your studies that represent: tuition fee + 833 CAD/month (for all provinces, except Quebec) or tuition fee + 917 CAD/month (Quebec);
- An explanation letter
- If you intend to study in Quebec, you will also need a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec, English and French translations for your document, a statement from the translator and a certified copy of the original documents
- Proof that you paid the study permit fee (150 CAD).
Proof of English language proficiency required by the Canadian universities excluding those from an English-speaking country. Accepted language tests are:
- Cambridge English: Advanced
Biometrics Appointment And Interview
Be prepared, you might be called to show up at a Visa Application Centre in your country to have your biometrics taken. The biometric fee is 85 CAD. This fee is in addition to the regular visa fee. Some countries are exempted from the biometrics prosecute, so it’s likely they won’t need to visit an application centre at all.
It is also possible that you might be called for an interview which depends on your individual situation. A small fee will be charged from the local visa application centres for using their services.Share with friends