This article contains Canadian Mennonite University admission requirements for international students who intend to apply for their preferred study from different countries.
Founded in 1999, Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) is a private Christian university based in Winnipeg, Province of Manitoba, Canada.
Besides, the establishment of Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg was brought about due to the merger of Canadian Mennonite Bible College, Menno Simons College, as well as Concord College.
Moreover, Canadian Mennonite University has several 3-year and 4-year Bachelor degrees. They also provide wide-ranging postgraduate programs, which includes Master of Arts (MA) in Theological Studies, Master of Divinity, Master of Arts (MA) in Christian Ministry, Master of Arts (MA) in Peacebuilding and Collaborative Development, and Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Additionally, the Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg is a nationally recognized university that provides quality education and learning to its students.
Studying at Canadian Mennonite University Canada will earn you the opportunity for personal relationships with professors, and engagement in active research.
Furthermore, Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg is determined to support international students diversely, in terms of their academics, cultural and spiritual way of life.
How do I apply for admission at Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg?
International applicants of Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg needs to undergo some steps to successfully apply for admission in their desired program.
Here are the application processes to get admitted to Canadian Mennonite University
- Apply online, pay an application fee, and complete the application form
- Send transcript to Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg
- View your application portal on a regular basis to get informed on other requirements.
- Consider applying for financial aid at Canadian Mennonite University
Apply online, pay an application fee, and complete the application form
Firstly, you’re required to complete CMU’s application form. It is also necessary that you make a non-refundable payment of $150 as your application fee, which is non-refundable.
Send transcript to Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg
You need to provide original official transcripts to CMU for final admission. The transcript should be submitted physically to their Enrolment Department.
Hence, the official transcript should be addressed to;
Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg.
500 Shaftesbury Blvd.
Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2.
View your application portal on a regular basis so as to get informed on other requirements
You need to frequently visit your application portal at Canadian Mennonite University’s for further updates
Consider applying for financial aid at Canadian Mennonite University
Canadian Mennonite University avails hundreds of financial aids to international students. These financial aids include scholarships, awards, & bursaries.
Canadian Mennonite University Programs for Undergraduate Students
Canadian Mennonite University offers a vast number of undergraduate programs, which includes three-year degrees, and four-year degrees.
Additionally, many undergraduate credentials are made available to students such as Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Music Therapy, Bachelor of Science, etc.
Thus, the following are undergraduate programs offered to students at Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg.
- Arts & Science
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Business & Organizational Behaviour
- Communications & Media
- Counselling Studies
- Intercultural Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Development Studies
- Music Therapy
- Peace & Conflict Transformational Studies
- Political Studies
- Social Science (General)
- Social Service
Canadian Mennonite University pre-professional studies
Studying for not less than one year at CMU Canadian Mennonite University can make you ready to enrol in numerous professional studies.
Thus, the following are pre-professional studies that are available at Canadian Mennonite University.
- Dental Hygiene
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography – Ultrasound
- Food Science
- Health Studies
- Human Nutritional Science
- Kinesiology – Athletic Therapy
- Medical Lab Sciences
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Education
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Management & Community Development
- Respiratory Therapy
- Social Work
- Veterinary Medicine
Canadian Mennonite University Graduate Programs
The following are the graduate studies that are offered to international postgraduate students at Canadian Mennonite University.
- Graduate School of Theology and Ministry
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Arts in Peace Building and Collaborative Development
Canadian Mennonite University tuition fees for international students
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||$150.00|
|Undergraduate Tuition – 3 credit-hour course||$1,182.65|
|Undergraduate Auditing – 3 credit-hour course||$591.33|
|Graduate Tuition – 3 credit-hour course||$1,224.50|
|Graduate Auditing – 3 credit-hour course||$612.25|
|Tuition Fees – Master of Arts Graduate Studies|
|3 credit-hour course||$790.00|
|Auditing 3 credit-hour course||$395.00|
|Student Services Fee|
|Student Services Fee – T2202A eligible (per credit hour)|
e.g., IT, student employment program, and student life
|Student Services Fee – T2202A non-eligible (per credit hour)|
e.g., athletics, special events, and student council
|Academic Transcript (first copy )|
Additional copies ordered at the same time
|Appeals for Grades||$35.00|
|Application Fee (Canadian Students)||$80.00|
|Deferred Payment Plan||$65.00|
|Parchment Replacement Fee||$75.00|
|Course and Lab Fees|
|Math, Business, and Computer Science labs (selected courses)||$45.00|
|Communications and Media course technology fee (selected courses)||$85.00|
|Commuter students (18 credit hours & above) – taxes extra||$195.00|
|Commuter students (below 18 credit hours) – taxes extra||$95.00|
|Replacement of Government Information Slip||$25.00|
|Charges stop payment or NSF payments||$40.00|
|Special examination request||$135.00|
|Student ID and access card (estimated fee)||$12.00|
|Student activity fee||$15.00|
Canadian Mennonite University admission requirements for international students
Canadian Mennonite University entrance requirements must be met before you can be considered for admission.
More so, CMU’s admission requirements for international students vary on each international applicant’s country of origin.
Thus, international applicants are required to satisfy one of the following requirements in order to be eligible for CMU’s admission.
- Make provisions for country-specific requirements
- Completion of an internationally-examined course of study
- Completion of at least one year of full-time studies at a post-secondary institution/college in Canada or in the United States of America
- Graduate from a secondary school in Canada or in the United States of America
English language proficiency requirements at Canadian Mennonite University
You are required to submit one of the following English language proficiency test as proof;
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
– A test score of at least 550 (PBT) with a minimum of 50 in each component
-of at least 213 (CBT) with a minimum of 17 in each component
– A test score of at least 80 (iBT) with a minimum of 19 in each component
– A test score of at least 80 (Internet-based Special Home Edition) with a minimum of 19 in each component
International English Language Testing System (IELTS):
– Academic Module in-person: A band score of at least 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
– Academic Module IELTS Indicator: A band score of at least 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
A minimum test score as follows;
– Listening and reading – 4.5
– Writing – 4.0
Moreover, 3.5 in Writing can also be accepted if you registered for Canadian Mennonite University’s ACWR-1010 Academic Writing in your 1st semester
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic): A test score of at least 58
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment: At a minimum of 60 as a test score
- Cambridge English Assessment: A test score of at least ‘C’ in the C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency Test.
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): At least 80% test score
- English for Specific Purposes Program (EAP) at the University of Winnipeg with at least C+ in Academic Writing 1 & 2.
- Academic Level 5 in the English Language Program (ELP) offered at the University of Winnipeg. Hence, you must meet at least C+ in English, as well as a minimum of ‘C’ in all other components
- Completion of Academic English Program for University and College Entrance (AEPUCE) that is offered by the University of Manitoba, or an equivalent program at a notable university
NOTE: You will only be given a Letter of Conditional Acceptance for using electronic transcripts while applying for your admission. However, you’re mandated to submit a hardcopy transcript before you will be allowed to commence studies at Canadian Mennonite University.
FAQs about Canadian Mennonite University admission requirements for international students
Q. How much is application fee for international students at CMU Canadian Mennonite University?
Ans – $150, which is non-refundable
Q. When can I apply at Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg?
Ans – As an international student, you can apply for Canadian Mennonite University’s admission on the 1st of August for the Fall Semester, as well as on the 1st of November for the Winter Semester.
Q. Does Canadian Mennonite University offer financial aid to international students?
Ans – Yes, Canadian Mennonite University makes provision of over 400 financial aids to its students.
For the 2020/2021 academic session, Canadian Mennonite University set aside more than $700,000 to avail financial aid in form of scholarships and bursaries to its students. Hence, about 50% of its students benefit from these financial aids.
Q. What are Canadian Mennonite University tuition fees?
Ans – For the academic session 2020/21, undergraduate and postgraduate international students of Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg are required to pay approximately $1,190 as tuition fees for each 3-credit hour course.
Q. Does CMU Canadian Mennonite University accept electronic transcripts from international students?
Ans – Yes, Canadian Mennonite University is presently accepting electronic transcripts from international applicants who are applying for Fall 2021, Winter 2022, as well as Spring 2022.
Moreover, your institution will have to send the transcript from the Registrar’s Office using the institution’s recognized and widely-known email.
Q. Can I defer admission offered to me by Canadian Mennonite University Canada?
Ans – Yes, you can defer admission to the next term or session by reaching out to Canadian Mennonite University through email; For undergraduate applicants – firstname.lastname@example.org and For graduate applicants – email@example.com