Chadian Embassy in Canada – Citizen Services
Are you a Chadian living in Canada and would want to know your way around the embassy for important or official reasons? You may have to move closer. This article is just for you.
Chadian Embassy in Canada normally offers Consular services to Chadians in Canada.
Before you travel, make sure you know how to find the Chadians Consulate nearest to your destination and understand the services it can and can’t provide.
Chadian embassies and consulates abroad including Canada have a special status. While the host government is responsible for the security of Chadian diplomats and the area around an embassy, the embassy itself belongs to the country it represents.
Embassy staff interacts with representatives of the host government, local businesses, non-governmental organizations, the media, and educational institutions, as well as private citizens to increase understanding of Chad and its policies and to collaborate on common interests.
Chad is also referred to as the Republic of Chad. Of course, Chad is a landlocked country in North-Central Africa.
Besides, Lake Chad is the second-largest wetland in Africa. Chad is bounded to the north by Libya, to the east by Sudan, to the west by Niger, Nigeria, and Cameroun, and the South by the Central African Republic.
In the year 2020, it was estimated that Chad’s population was 16.43 million.
What does an embassy mean?
First of all, an embassy could be said to mean the headquarters of a country in another country. Hence, the Chadian Embassy simply means the headquarters for Chadian Government representatives serving in a foreign country.
Usually, an embassy is headed by an ambassador who represents the Chadian President’s in the host country, for instance, Canada.
Generally, an embassy is located in the capital city of the host country. However, sometimes, it has branches known as consulates in other major cities.
Chadian Embassy in Canada
The Chadian embassy in Canada represents the Chadian government in Canada. Therefore, it makes sure that Canada and Chad maintain a good bilateral relationship.
Secondly, it offers consular services to Chadian citizens in Canada. Therefore, if you are moving from Chad to Canada, you must be aware of the services the embassy can provide to you.
Meanwhile, the embassy has the following sections. They include:
- Political affairs section
- Development Cooperation, Trade, and Investment
- Consular section
- Cultural and Social Affairs Section
- Public relations section
- Administrative and Finance Section
- Address of Chadian Embassy in Canada
Perhaps, you have an issue settling in Canada in the Chadian embassy, you can go to the address below.
Chadian Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
350 Sparks Street, Suite 802
Ottawa, ON K1R 7S8
(+1) (613) 680-3322
(+1) (613) 421-1189
(+1) (613) 695-6622
Top 5 citizenship services provided by Chadian Embassy in Canada
The Chadian embassy in Canada provides the following consular services.
1. Entry visa to Chadians
The Chadian embassy in Canada can help you to obtain a Chadian visa from Canada. However, you have to meet the minimum requirements as well as the eligibility criteria. In addition to that, you must fill the application form correctly. You must as well pay the application fee.
Generally, the embassy serves candidates in Ontario, the Outaouais, and the provinces located there.
Among the services that the Chadian embassy in Canada provides to Chadian citizens in Canada is to process their application for passports. All applicants must come in person to submit their applications.
This will allow the workers at the embassy to collect identical photographs and biometrics of the applicant.
Documents for application of passport
You must provide the following documents whenever you are submitting your application for a passport to the Chadian embassy in Canada. They include:
- The consular card
- The birth certificate
- Extract of marriage certificate
- The biometric passport application form duly filled
- 2 recent and identical biometric identity photos. Size: 35mm wide by 45mm high.
- Proof of stay in Canada permanent residence card, confirmation
- Proof of address
- Paternal or guardianship authorization for minor children
- Chancery fees: CAN $ 100;
3. Consular registration
Every citizen of Chadian in Canada must register with the Chadian embassy in Canada. This is one the basis of consular management. Therefore, make sure to contact the embassy and register. Once you register, you can get the following benefits. They include:
- Consular protection,
- to be issued any administrative document, identity, travel, civil status, etc.
- exemption from customs duties and taxes on personal effects and vehicles imported on the occasion of their final return to Chadians.
- be registered on the electoral
Documents constituting a first registration file
You will need the documents for your first registration:
- A copy of a Chadian identity document
- An extract of the birth certificate (original)
- A certificate of Chadian nationality or prove you are born in Chad by providing an extract of your father’s birth certificate (original),
- A copy of the residence certificate in Canada
- Proof of the profession
- Proof of address
- Four (4) recent identity photographs of the same print,
- A prepaid envelope for the return of documents,
- The marriage certificate if the applicant is married,
- An extract of the birth certificate of each minor child,
- The registration form, duly completed, dated, and signed.
4. National service
The Chadian embassy in Canada also provides updates and information for you concerning the National service.
5: Birth Certificate
Chadian citizens in Canada can obtain their special birth certificates through the Chadian embassy in Canada. However, first of all, the applicant must submit a request online. Then, once the request has been entered, the following process must be followed carefully:
Step 1: Obtaining the access code using the provided website. On the website, you must enter the last name, first name, and e-mail address. Then, wait until you receive the access code on your e-mail.
Step 2: Request for the birth certificate by filling in the spaces relating to the requested information. Therefore, you must also enter your last name, first name, and e-mail address. Then, click on save.
Step 3: Monitor the changes in demand. You have to follow the process and see what level of processing is given to you by us
Step 4: Delivery of the birth certificate. Once edited in Chad and sent to the embassy, your birth certificate will be given to you at the consular service.Maltese Embassy in Canada
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a Chad embassy in Canada?
Of course, yes. Chad has an embassy located in Ottawa, ON, which is the capital city of Canada.
Does the Chadian embassy in Canada open on public holidays?
No, the Chadian embassy in Ottawa is usually closed on public holidays for both Chadian and Canadian citizens.
What do I need to apply for a visa at the Chadian embassy in Canada?
- Valid means of identification
- Photograph with white background
- Confirmation of assets
- Proof of accommodation booking or evidence that you have a family member or friend to stay within Chad
- Round-trip flight ticket to Chad
- Credit or debit card for online payment of processing fee
All things considered, we hope you don’t experience difficulty in locating the Chadian embassy in Canada or in replacing your nullified or lost Chadian passport.
Without a doubt, this Chadian embassy avails all of the services needed for you to travel to Chad for any reason best known to you.