This page will enlighten you about the College of the North Atlantic admission requirements, tuition fees, courses for international students, and so on.
College of the North Atlantic is one of the biggest post-secondary educational and skills training centers located in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador in Canada.
The higher institution offers nearly 100 full-time programs and more than 300 part-time courses for some 25,000 students (Local & International) annually.
The school offers courses in science, engineering, business, computer studies, etc; and awards qualifications such as diplomas, post-diplomas, and other certifications.
There is an option for school part-time or full time, while the school also has provisions for international students and online classes for those who request it.
CNA welcomes international students from every part of the world. Students are attracted by the college’s high-quality education, affordable costs, serene living environment, student support services, and the transferability and acceptability of its certificates and diplomas.
As an international student, you are eligible for scholarships and can use this page as your main resource to get information about CNA jobs.
In this article
- College of the North Atlantic Ranking
- College of the North Atlantic Campuses
- College Of the North Atlantic Tuition Fees For International Students
- College Of the North Atlantic Online Courses
- College Of the North Atlantic Jobs
- College Of the North Atlantic Admission Requirements For International Students
- How To apply for Admission as an International Student at CNA
- Required Documents for Application at College of the North Atlantic
College of the North Atlantic Ranking
The College of the North Atlantic ranked 7th in the 2020 Webometrics University Ranking for National Universities while it ranked 369 in all North American Continental Universities in the same year.
College of the North Atlantic Campuses
As a large public school in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, College of the North Atlantic’s 17 different campuses are:
- Bale Verte
- Bay St. George
- Corner Brook
- Grand Falls-Windsor
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay
- Labrador West
- Port aux Basques
- Prince Philip Drive
- Ridge Road
- Seal Cove
- St. Anthony
All 17 campuses admit international students based on specific requirements but with residential facilities only at Bay St. George, Burin, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay campuses.
The school also has a campus-based in Qatar known as The College of the North Atlantic Qatar (CNAQ).
This school which is a technical college and also a post-secondary school was founded by the administration of the College of the North Atlantic, Newfoundland, and Labrador, Canada in collaboration with the Qatari Government in the year 2001.
It was established to create easy access to education for Qatari students who have finished the Qatari State Secondary Education.
College Of the North Atlantic Tuition Fees For International Students
Tuition fees for international CNA vary on the choice of program, needs, and accommodation. The cost of living is very affordable when compared to other areas of the country and in other parts of the world.
Here is a cost estimate an international student can expect to pay for One full academic section.
- Application Fee – $100.00 per program (non-refundable) | Application Page
- Confirmation Fee: $97.00
- Tuition – Regular Term (15-weeks) – $3300.00
- Intersession (up to 7-weeks in duration) – $1650.00
- Continuous Intake/Trades – $220.00 per week
- Part-Time Course – $825.00 per course
College Of the North Atlantic Online Courses
College of the North Atlantic offers over 200 online courses and programs through their online learning service. Distance learning also provides service to learners in every other Canadian province as well as to those in other countries.
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Education
- Office Administration
- Information Management
- Rehabilitation Assistant (OTA and PTA)
- Web Development
- CAS Transfer: College – University
- Transition/General Studies/Electives
Participating in online courses requires access to a computer system and a steady internet connection. To participate in online courses, the College of the North Atlantic requires you to:
- Have a general knowledge of the computer and internet, especially how to save files, send emails, and install programs.
- a function computer system with the following specifications:
- Microsoft Windows 10 or newer
- Multi-Core i3 or higher processor
- Google Chrome 80 or newer
College Of the North Atlantic Jobs
Employment opportunities are always available to both local and international students. You could visit the school website and click on the career section.
The jobs posted on the platform are students of CNA. You may also contact one of the students’ service professionals listed on the website for more information on career planning, interview skill, resumes, and so on.
College Of the North Atlantic Admission Requirements For International Students
Below are the admission requirements for international students at the College of The North Atlantic.
The documents needed for admission are
- Acceptance Letter
- Proof of funds available to cover tuition and living expenses
- Letter showing that the student will return to his/her country of residence
- The student must submit an application form and submit it to the College
- An acceptance fee accompanied by the type of program, fees, etc will be issued to the student.
- If a student visa is not awarded by the Canadian Embassy and a letter to support the claim is provided, the tuition except application and confirmation fee will be refunded in full.
- All international applicants will apply for a study permit through the Canadian Embassy, High Commission, using their acceptance letter.
- Once been issued the study permit, all international applicants are very free to travel and begin their program at the institution.
- All applicants must meet the institution’s Language proficiency test requirement of a)CAEL 60; b)TOEFL paper-based 550, c) TOEFL internet-based 79, e)TOEFL computer-based 213 or equivalent, f) IELTS Academic Test overall band score of 6.0; and g) MELAB minimum 78.
- Students must provide proof of status in Canada on or before the first day of classes.
- The College of the North Atlantic accepts a minimum age of 17 years.
An English proficiency test might not be required only if the applicant has attended a school for at least 3 years where their official language of instruction is English.
How To apply for Admission as an International Student at CNA
You can apply for admission at the College of the North Atlantic online or through email. You may also send your application form and all necessary documents to the direct mail whose address is below:
Student Services Division
College of the North Atlantic
1 Prince Philip Drive
P.O. Box 1693
St. John’s, NL
Canada A1C 5po
To apply, you must:
- Fill a fully completed application form from the school’s website
- Present an official high school transcript
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $100. This must be paid directly to the College of the North Atlantic.
- The application process is complete after all documents required have been provided.
Required Documents for Application at College of the North Atlantic
Documents needed for applying for admission into the school are:
- Acceptance Letter
- Proof of funds available to cover tuition and living expenses
- Letter showing that the student will return to his/her country of residence after completion of the program.
FAQs About College Of The North Atlantic Admission Requirements
Q. Is College of the North Atlantic Accredited?
Most of all the programs offered in all of the campuses have been accredited by the provincial government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Q. Is College of the North Atlantic a Private or Public School?
College of the North Atlantic, Newfoundland Labrador is a public school made up of 17 different campuses all around the province.
Q. Will, I get Admitted as an International Student to any of the College of the North Atlantic’s Campuses?
Yes. You can apply for a program in any of the 17 campuses of College of the North Atlantic.
Q. How do you Calculate GPA for the College of the North Atlantic?
To know your GPA for a particular semester, convert your score in each course to the appropriate grade value. Take the credit value for each course and multiply their grade values according to your score. Make a sum total of all the total points (after multiplication) and divide it by the total of all the credit values for the courses you took that semester.
Note: Information about the credit value for each course and the grade value distribution scale can be gotten from your school.