Supposing you must enter the Republic of Colombia for any business-related activity, obtaining a Colombia Business Visa authorizes you to do so.
Generally speaking, Colombia is an excellent country for conducting business activities. The country boasts vast economic growth, a stable government, and several tourist attractions. Colombia also has a safe and welcoming environment for persons entering the country for business purposes.
Getting a Colombian business visa can seem complicated because you are new to the application process. However, reading this blog post will enlighten you on many things you should know about getting this visa.
In this blog post, we’= will explore the application procedures for Colombia Business Visa, including its cost, requirements, processing time, duration, and more.
In this article
- What is a Colombian Business Visa?
- Who can enter Colombia for Business without a Visa?
- Colombia Business Visa Fee
- Colombia Business Visa Processing time
- Eligibility Criteria for Colombia Business Visa
- Colombia Business Visa Requirements
- How to Get Colombia Business Visa
- Step 1: Complete the Colombian business visa application form via the internet
- Step 2: Pay the first fee based on the diplomatic mission’s instructions
- Step 3: Give time for the documents review and approval
- Step 4: Attend your visa interview
- Step 5: Hope for a decision from the Colombian diplomatic mission
- Step 6: Initiate the second fee payment and pick up your passport once approved
- Validity Period of Colombia Business Visa
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Colombian Business Visa?
A Colombian business visa is an official document that authorizes a foreigner to enter the Republic of Colombia for business-related activities. It is a Colombian Visitor (V) visa with a validity period of up to 90 days. Besides, its holder can apply for its extension before its expiry.
With a valid Colombia Business Visa, you can travel to the country for a business meeting, conference, or any other relevant business-related activity.
Who can enter Colombia for Business without a Visa?
Citizens of numerous countries can travel to the Republic of Colombia without applying for a visa. You may only need to hold an identification document to stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days. Nevertheless, you can apply for an extension in your stay for another 90 days.
Below is a list of visa-free countries for the Republic of Colombia.
- European Union countries
- United States of America
- Costa Rica
- The Dominican Republic
- South Korea
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Trinidad and Tobago
- San Marino
- Hong Kong
- Sovereign Military Order of Malta
- New Zealand
- St. Lucia
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- El Salvador
- The Philippines
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- North Macedonia
- The Vatican City
- Solomon Islands
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- The United Arab Emirates
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- United Kingdom
Colombia Business Visa Fee
Foreigners applying for a Colombian business visa must pay specific fees twice. These include the acknowledgment fee paid when applying for the visa and another fee paid upon a successful application.
The acknowledgment fee ranges from €40 to €52, depending on your home country. Moreover, the other fee varies on the diplomatic mission.
Colombia Business Visa Processing time
The processing time for a Colombian business visa can vary depending on the embassy or consulate handling your application. Generally, Colombian diplomatic missions take between four to five working days to decide on a business visa application.
Eligibility Criteria for Colombia Business Visa
To be eligible for a business visa for the Republic of Colombia, you must fulfill a few conditions.
- You must demonstrate your business structure and the purpose of the trip to Colombia.
- It is equally important to possess proof of business registration.
- Supposing that you are traveling due to an invitation for a business meeting or conference, you must have an invitation letter from your host.
- Most importantly, you must hold all required documents before applying for a Colombian business visa.
Colombia Business Visa Requirements
Here is a list of the required documents for Colombia Business Visa applications.
- Your original passport, which must be valid for a minimum of six months before your intended departure date from your country of residence
- A filled-out application form for a Colombian business visa
- Two colored photos sized at 1.5” x 2.5”. The photos’ background color must be white and should be different from your clothing color.
- Copies of your valid visas (if applicable)
- A cover letter featuring comprehensive information about your business trip
- Evidence of accommodation in the Republic of Colombia. Documents accepted include proof of hotel booking and an invitation letter from your host.
- Proof of funds. E.g., a recent bank statement
- Evidence of Income Tax Returns
- An identity document and proof of citizenship such as an Aadhaar card
- Certificate of business registration
- Recommendation letter from your employer
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Medical test reports
- Round-trip ticket to the Republic of Colombia
Remember that a certified translator must translate your supporting documents into Spanish. The documents also need to bear an Apostille sticker.
How to Get Colombia Business Visa
You are required to take the following steps in getting a Colombian business visa
- Complete the Colombian business visa application form via the internet
- Pay the first fee based on the diplomatic mission’s instructions
- Give time for the documents review and approval
- Attend your visa interview
- Hope for a decision from the Colombian diplomatic mission
- Initiate the second fee payment and pick up your passport once approved
Step 1: Complete the Colombian business visa application form via the internet
To get a business visa for Colombia, you must complete several online steps. Therefore, you must first log on to a Colombian embassy or consulate’s official website.
You must opt for the “visa section” when logged in. Also, select “Business” as your visa category. Then, you can start filling out the visa application form. It is equally important to ensure providing appropriate information when completing the form.
Another necessary thing to do involves scanning your documents, which require submission online for review purposes. Afterward, you can proceed to submit the form online.
Step 2: Pay the first fee based on the diplomatic mission’s instructions
The second step in getting a Colombian business visa requires you to pay the first fee, the Acknowledgement Fee. You must complete its payment in line with the embassy or consulate’s preferred payment method.
Step 3: Give time for the documents review and approval
Next, you have to wait for an unspecified time to enable the Colombian embassy or consulate’s officials to review your supporting documents and approve them for processing.
Step 4: Attend your visa interview
At this time, you must be present at the Colombian embassy or consulate for your visa interview. The diplomatic mission will surely inform you when it is time.
Step 5: Hope for a decision from the Colombian diplomatic mission
As the fifth step in obtaining a Colombia Business Visa, you must wait for the Colombian embassy to decide on your business visa application. This should take no more than five working days.
Step 6: Initiate the second fee payment and pick up your passport once approved
Once your visa application gets approval from the Colombian embassy, you must pay another fee, usually unspecified.
After initiating the fee payment, you can now pick up your passport and book a flight to the Republic of Colombia.
Validity Period of Colombia Business Visa
A Colombian business visa is valid for a maximum period of 90 days. However, it is allowable to renew the visa before its expiry date. Hence, you can extend your stay without leaving the country.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who needs to apply for Colombia Business Visa?
A Colombian business visa is required by foreigners wishing to carry out a business-related activity in Colombia.
How long does it take to get Colombia Business Visa?
A Colombian business visa can take up to five working weeks to process.
Is it easy to get a Colombian business visa?
Yes, it is pretty easy to get a Colombian business visa. However, note that the process requires you to demonstrate that you operate a legit and registered business. In addition, you must also satisfy some other requirements to qualify for Colombia Business Visa.
How long can I stay on a Colombia Business Visa?
Typically, a Colombian business visa will allow its holder to stay in the country for three months. However, you can prolong your stay for additional three months by applying for an extension.
Do Indian citizens need a visa to visit Colombia for business?
Yes, Indians must obtain a visa for legal entry into the Republic of Colombia for business-related activities.
Do US nationals need a visa for Colombia?
No, United States citizens do not need to get a visa to enter the Republic of Colombia for up to three months. It also means they can travel to the country visa-free for business-related purposes. Visa-free entries into Colombia cannot exceed 90 days.
Is Colombia a good place to invest?
Yes, the Republic of Colombia is a good country for different kinds of investments. This is because the country possesses an excellent economy, vast natural resources, and a stable government.
RECOMMENDED LINK: Colombian Embassy in Canada and its Consular Services
To sum up, a Colombian business visa is the best option for foreign businesspersons who needs to enter Colombia for their business activities. Even though we’ve provided all the necessary information on getting the visa through this blog post, you can still reach out to us regarding further concerns.
Thanks for reading!