As you consider your wish to study at the Capital city of British Columbia on Vancouver Island, you can also stay calm while undergoing the easy steps to apply for admission at Camosun College, Canada.
Indeed, Victoria, British Columbia is one of the best cities to study as a Canadian international student.
Victoria is among Canada’s best cities for young professionals. The province of BC has an approximate population of 367,000. If you are new to Victoria, you’ll be able to cope with its moderate weather.
Moreover, Victoria, BC was voted as Canada’s friendliest city. With respect to this, you can improve your career, study comfortably and safely with an assurance of living among ardent community members.
Table of Contents
- About Camosun College, Canada
- Camosun College programs and courses for international students
- Camosun College Application fees
- Easy Steps to Apply for Admission at Camosun College, Canada
- Camosun College Tuition fees
About Camosun College, Canada
Founded in 1971, Camosun College is a Public post-secondary community college situated in Victoria, British Columbia (BC), Canada. The College has 2 campuses within Victoria, which are located in Lansdowne and Interurban. Camosun College’s logo is simply crafted in Green.
Camosun College has been in existence for more than 59 years. The public tertiary institution has up to 160 programs and accepts admission applications of undergraduates to learn through their university transfer, upgrading & preparatory, as well as to get certifications in several areas of study.
Camosun College also offers various applied learning to its students. Among which are study abroad, co-op and career services, South Island partnership, and apprentice training.
More so, Camosun College offers a large variety of programs in Business, Sport and Exercise Education, Health & Human Services, Engineering and Technology, and Arts and Science.
They conduct teaching practicals in small classes that contain 30 to 40 students.
Camosun College programs and courses for international students
As an international applicant of Camosun College, you have the privilege to choose your preferred program from 160 available programs.
These programs can help you build your portfolio, improve your experience, and make you an expert in the field.
Camosun College Application fees
|Details||Fee Amount (Canadian Dollars)|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||100|
|Open Program Tuition and Fee Deposit (Refund Policy)||8,500|
|Seated Program Tuition and Fee Deposit (Refund Policy)||15,000|
|Registration Deposit (For continuing students only; non-refundable)||175|
Easy Steps to Apply for Admission at Camosun College, Canada
It Is quite easy to apply for admission at Camosun College, Canada. They avail a 2-part application process to international applicants.
Their application process is made up of EducationPlannerBC, as well as the collation and submission of supporting documents.
Thus, you are mandated to first apply online via EducationPlannerBC. Afterward, you can progress to submit your supporting documents to [email protected].
Also, ensure that you note your application number and save your e-payment receipt.
First part: EducationPlannerBC
1. Confirm availability of the program you’re applying for
Even though Camosun College provides 160 programs to its students, you should confirm if your preferred is among their available programs.
2. Make provision for proof of English language skills
Camosun College will mostly request proof of your skills in the English language. You are required to make provisions for one of the following;
- Completion of British Columbia English 12 provincial exams or English Studies 12 with a C+ or more
- a recognized Pathway Partner certificate
- External assessment of English language proficiency
External assessment of English language proficiency (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
Camosun College will request a valid English language proficiency test that hasn’t exceeded 2 years. This is because the majority of language tests expire after 2 years.
On the other hand, an alternative is to apply for English Upgrading so as to qualify for the English language proficiency test requirements
The following are English language proficiency tests that are accepted by Camosun College Canada.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): You need an IELTS Academic score of 6.0 overall (no sub-score less than 6.0)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): An internet-based test score of 78 overall (no sub-score less than 19)
- Pearson Test of English, Academic (PTE Academic): PTE Academic score of 54 overall (no sub-score less than 50)
- Cambridge English tests: C1 Advanced score of 174 overall (no sub-score less than 169)
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test: CAEL CE score of 60 overall (no sub-score less than 60)
- Duolingo English Test: Test score of 105 for general admission to several certificates and diploma programs, including Bachelor of Business Administration programs.
(This is not applicable to Nursing and other programs that have to do with health).
Besides, you need a Duolingo English test score of 115 for admission into all major post-degree programs and degree programs of Camosun College Centre for Sport and Exercise Education.
- GTEC: A computer-based test score of 1200 overall (Minimum sub-scores: reading = 325, writing = 270, speaking = 260, listening = 335)
3. Commence your admission application
Submission deadlines for international applicants who are outside Canada
Here are the submission deadlines of supporting documents for international applicants of Camosun College who are still in their home country
|Admission into||Submission Deadlines|
|Fall term (September)||June 30|
|Winter term (January)||October 31|
|Summer term (May)||February 28|
Submission deadlines for applicants who are already in Canada, and has a valid study permit
|Admission into||Submission Deadlines|
|Fall term (September)||July 10|
|Winter term (January)||November 10|
|Summer term (May)||March 10|
However, some Camosun College programs require you to submit your supporting documents on different deadlines.
Second part: Collation and submission of supporting documents
Camosun College’s application process requires you to submit some supporting documents. You are mandated to scan and send the following documents to [email protected] for Camosun College registrar’s office to consider your application.
- Valid passport. You need to scan your passport’s front page/picture page and submit it to Camosun College
- A valid study permit. Canadian study permits are issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- English language proficiency test score results. (IELTS, TOEFL, CAEL, Cambridge Assessment of English, Duolingo English test, or PTE Academic)
- International Applicant Declaration
- First Semester International Student Refund/Deferral Procedure Form
- Transcripts and certification documents. Examples of this include your high school transcripts, proof of high school graduation, post-secondary transcripts, and credentials, official & notarized English translations, and so on
- Permission to release information form (Only applicable to international applicants who intend to authorize anyone to access their information)
Hence, some of these forms need to be downloaded from Camosun College’s website, filled out, and submitted through a computer.
Moreover, you are advised to visit the Camosun College website to check the admission requirements for the program you’re applying for. Some programs demand some program-specific documents.
If you possess the nationality of a country that implements Student Direct Stream (SDS), you also need to fulfill SDS criteria.
Examples of such countries using SDS include the Philippines, Senegal, India, China, Vietnam, Morocco, Pakistan, etc.
Camosun College Tuition fees
Camosun College has made provisions for safe and secure means of paying for tuition fees. You can initiate online and card payments to settle your required fees.
Their system accepts payments that were processed with Credit Cards like Visa, MasterCard, American Express (Amex), and JCB. Also, Camosun College supports online payments using Flywire.
Moreover, you can make an international bank draft or money order payable to Camosun College Canada. Your tuition fee should be paid before the deadline in order to avoid paying extra fees for late payment.
Here are the estimated fees you are required to pay for each semester at Camosun College.
|Duration of study||4 months (Amount in Canadian Dollars)|
|Tuition (based on 5 courses)*||7,595**|
|Student Benefits Plan||278|
|Medical Insurance (basic medical coverage)||from $300|
|Books and supplies (varies based on course selection)||from $1,000|
|Co-op Term Tuition (if applicable)||$1,570|
|English Language Development (ESL)|
|Duration of study||4 months|
|Student Benefits Plan||278|
|Medical Insurance (basic medical coverage)||from 300|
|Books and supplies (varies based on course selection)||from 100|
Penalties for late fee payment
As a student of Camosun College Canada, all your fees should be fully paid before the deadline. If you didn’t pay for the fees prior to the deadline, additional fees for late payment will be included in your bills.
|Amount Owing (Canadian Dollars)||Late Payment Fee|
|From 50 to 499||50|
Additional fees for course activities
Depending on your course, you might need to pay some extra fees apart from your tuition fees. These fees are not covered by your tuition fees.
However, the additional fees cover expert instructors who would be conducting the course. It also covers the course certification. On a yearly basis, Camosun College makes a 2% increment in the fees.
As of the 2020/2021 session, the following fees were attached to each of the additional courses.
|Course||Activity Fee (Canadian Dollars)|
FAQs about the easy steps to apply for admission at Camosun College, Canada
Q. Why study at Camosun College?
Ans. Camosun College is one of the largest public post-secondary institutions in the Canadian province of British Columbia. Its campuses hold up to 19,000 students with 10% of its students as international students from about 80 different countries.
Also, the co-op programs, apprentice training, and practically offered by Camosun College will expose you to more knowledge and work experience.
Q. What are the study areas of Camosun College?
Ans. Camosun College focuses its areas of studies on the following; Business; Arts and Humanities; Health sciences; Human services; Nautical training; Natural sciences; Technologies and engineering; University transfer; Sports and exercise; Indigenous education; Upgrading and preparatory; Continuing education; Post-degree programs; Co-operative education and career services; Trades and apprenticeship, etc.
Q. How do I send my transcript to Camosun College?
Ans. You can submit your transcript to Camosun College’s mailing address through a courier service provider.