The Eligibility Criteria To Work In Canada depends on a few things including where you plan to apply for your work permit. It doesn’t matter where you apply, you must ensure to demonstrate the following:
- You must prove to an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires,
- You must demonstrate that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada,
- You must obey the law and have no record of criminal activity ( a police clearance certificate may be required),
- You must not be seen as a danger to Canada’s security,
- Must be in good health and have a medical exam, if necessary,
- You mustn’t plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions,
- Not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages, and
- You must be ready to provide any other documents they ask for to prove your eligibility to enter the country.
Global Skills Strategy applicants: You can only benefit from two-week application processing if you apply from outside of Canada.
Table of Contents
- Eligibility Criteria To Work In Canada if you apply from outside Canada
- Eligibility requirements if you apply from inside Canada
- Eligibility requirements if you apply when you enter Canada at a port of entry (POE)
- Criteria For those Who Apply From Outside Canada
- Criteria For those Inside Canada
- Criteria If you apply At The Port Of Entry
Eligibility Criteria To Work In Canada if you apply from outside Canada
Anyone may apply for a work permit before they enter Canada. In most cases, you need to apply to a visa office outside Canada. This is usually the case if you need a visa to enter Canada or if you need to have a medical exam before you arrive.
Eligibility requirements if you apply from inside Canada
To work for a work permit inside Canada, you must:
- Currently be in Canada and have a valid work or study permit, or your spouse or parents have a study or work permit in Canada,
- Have graduated from a program at a
- Have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more,
- Have applied or been included in an application for permanent residence from inside Canada (you may have to undergo certain stages in the main application process in order to be eligible for a work permit),
- Have requested for refugee status and are waiting for a decision from the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada,
- Have been recognized by the RPD as a convention refugee or protected person,
- Have had your refugee claim turned down by the RPD but you cannot be removed from Canada for reasons beyond your control, or
- Have been authorized to work in Canada without a work permit but you need a work permit to work in a different job.
Eligibility requirements if you apply when you enter Canada at a port of entry (POE)
When you enter Canada, you can ask to be allowed to work in Canada but only if:
- You are from a visa-exempt country,
- You already hold a valid medical certificate, if you need it for your job, or are from a designated country, and either
- Your employer has completed all of the steps for your type of work permit, or
- You are applying for an open work permit.
Citizens of an eTA-required country will need to get an eTA if they plan to fly into Canada. We recommend that you apply for your work permit before you travel to Canada in order to avoid additional cost. You can also see if you can work while under a Canadian Visitor Visa.
Eligibility Criteria To work In Canada. Those who wish to work in Canada should see the eligibility criteria below to know if they are qualified for a job offer in the country.,
Persons from other countries have always yearned to work in Canada. this is the reason why the Canadian government has stated some eligibility criteria to make individuals who wish to reside in the country know if they are eligible or not. below are the general eligibility Criteria.,
- Have a proof to show that you will leave Canada immediately your work permit expires
- have a good financial detail to show that you can take care of yourself and your dependents during your stay in Canada.
- Have no criminal record
- You must undergo a medical exam to show that you are in good health
- You must not work for an ineligible employer
- You must not have any intention to work with an employer who give erotic dance, messages, escort services etc
Criteria For those Who Apply From Outside Canada
- You must apply for a work permit before entering the country
- Apply to the visa office outside Canada
Criteria For those Inside Canada
The eligibility criteria if you are applying from inside Canada are.,
- You just have an accepted work permit or you should ensure your spouse or parents have an accepted study or work permit.
- You have completed a Canadian University program, community school, technical school or any other recognized school by the Canadian government.
- You must have a temporary permit
- You must have applied for permanent residence
- You must have asked for a refugee status
- You must have been recognized by the convention refugee
- Your refugee claim must have been turned down
- You are allowed to work in Canada for some reasons
Criteria If you apply At The Port Of Entry
- You hold an accepted medical exam certificate
- All steps for your work permit has been completed by your employer
- You are applying for an open permit and you are from a visa-exempt country
You can also see how to apply for a Canadian Immigration work Permit