The highly successful Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) was introduced in 1986. It offers qualified high net worth individuals or international business people and their families the opportunity to immigrate to Canada through the Province of Quebec.
QIIP is the only sustainable Canada investor program of its kind currently still available to international business people.
Successful Quebec Investor Program applicants are offered an unconditional Canada PR Visa and can immediately start living, working or doing business anywhere in Canada.
Children under the age of eighteen (18) of new investor immigrants may also immediately begin studying in Canada and may apply to local colleges and universities as a Canadian resident as opposed to a foreign student.
Quebec Investor Immigration Program Eligibility
This article briefly highlights some eligibility requirements for Quebec Investor immigration program.
- To be admitted into this program as a foreign investor or as an international businessman, you must have legally obtained minimum net worth of CAD $1.6 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency), either individually or combined with your spouse or partner.
- As a foreign investor, you will sign an agreement clearly stating your intention to make a government guaranteed CAD $800,000 investment in Quebec via a financial intermediary accredited to participate in the investor immigration program.
- As a foreign Investor, you must intend to settle in Quebec, the largest province in the country by size and second largest by population, accounting for about 1/4 of Canada’s 35 million people.
- The Quebec Canada Investor Program requires you to have acquired a minimum of two years of full-time commercial or business management experience in the past five years. You must have a good knowledge of the management, planning, and control of both the financial side and the human or physical/material resources side of the enterprise or organization.
- In addition to the above eligibility criteria, Canadian investment visa adjudicators who assess Quebec investor stream immigration applications may also consider factors such as age, work experience, educational qualification, adaptability and language skills, when making an evaluation of a candidate’s file.
While applying for this investor program, we suggest you get a skilled Canada immigration lawyer with extensive experience preparing the Quebec Investor Program. By so doing, you are sure that your file will not lack the essential attributes or information required by immigration authorities.