As one of the Schengen zones, citizens non-Schengen areas must apply for an Estonia Schengen visa. This is a short stay visa that allows you to visit Estonia or other Schengen areas for up to 90 days. This means that you must meet the border requirements of these countries in Europe. Moreover, you must also meet the eligibility to obtain a Schengen visa.
The 26 Schengen countries include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Therefore, you can visit any of them with a Schengen visa. However, you can only go there for certain reasons. For example, a short medical visit and a short business trip. Otherwise, you will find another Estonia visa type to visit Estonia.
In this article
- What is the Estonia Schengen visa?
- Eligibility for Estonia Schengen Visa
- Exemptions from Estonia Schengen visa
- General requirements for Estonia Schengen visa
- 1: Valid passport
- 2. Two passport-sized photos
- 3. Application form
- 4. Fee payment
- 5. Health insurance
- 6. Proof of financial means
- 7. A cover letter
- 8. Flight itinerary
- 9. Proof of accommodation
- 10. Civil status documents
- Specific requirements for Estonia Schengen visa
- Estonia Schengen visa for visitors/tourists
- Estonia Schengen visa for business purposes
- Estonia Schengen visa for medical purposes
- Estonia Schengen visa for cultural, sports, film crew or religious purposes
- Estonia Schengen visa for members of official delegations
- Estonia Schengen visa for the purpose of study, training, research, or internship
- Estonia Schengen visa for the spouse of an Estonian citizen
- Estonia airport transit visa
- Estonia Schengen visa requirements for minors
- Steps to apply for an Estonia Schengen visa
- Step 1: Find out if there is an Estonian embassy or consulate in your country
- Step 2: Contact the embassy for an appointment
- Step 3: Fill out the application form
- Step 4: Gather your documents
- Sten 5: Attend the visa interview
- Step 6: Your waiting period
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Estonia Schengen visa?
An Estonia Schengen visa is a short-term visa that allows foreign citizens to visit all Schengen territories. In addition, they can also visit other nations outside the Schengen areas. These countries allow holders of Schengen nations to visit their countries for short visits.
Eligibility for Estonia Schengen Visa
Only citizens of non-Schengen countries qualify for this visa. However, such citizens must meet the following conditions:
- You must be visiting Estonia only for a short period.
- You must not be a citizen of EU countries.
Exemptions from Estonia Schengen visa
The following group of people are exempted from applying for a Schengen visa. They include:
- Citizens of EU or Schengen countries
- Children below 6 years
- If you are travelling for scientific purposes
- If you are travelling for a cultural; or academic purposes
- When travelling with a non-profit organization
General requirements for Estonia Schengen visa
To get an Estonia Schengen visa, you will need to meet certain requirements. These requirements include some documents that you must present to the embassy. Without these documents, you may be denied a visa to enter Estonia. The general documents include:
- Valid passport
- Two passport-sized photos
- Application form
- Fee payment
- Health insurance
- Bank statements
- A cover letter
- Flight itinerary
- Proof of accommodation
- Civil status documents
1: Valid passport
First of all, you must have a valid passport. This will help to confirm your identity. Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months from the day of application. Secondly, you will have a blank space in your passport for your visa.
2. Two passport-sized photos
In addition to the passport, you will add two photos. These photos must be the same in size and colour. Moreover, it must be according to the Schengen visa requirements.
3. Application form
You will also need to fill out an online application form. While filling out forms, you provide the following details including your full name, nationality, duration of stay and purpose of your stay in Estonia.
4. Fee payment
In addition to your application form. You must submit proof of payment for the visa fee. You must pay this before the application process starts. If your visa is denied, you won’t get a refund. However, you can reapply.
5. Health insurance
Another general requirement for Estonia Schengen requirement is Schengen travel insurance. This insurance must cover all your stay in the Schengen zone. The minimum insurance is €30,000.
6. Proof of financial means
You will have to provide proof of financial means. this must be able to carry you for the period you are staying in Estonia. For instance, you must prove that you have a minimum of €100 per day.
7. A cover letter
You will write a cover letter. This will show a detail of your trip to Estonia. The letter will contain the following information:
- the purpose of your visit
- flying date and time
- return date
8. Flight itinerary
This will show a detailed plan of your travel plan to Estonia. Therefore, it must not be an actual flight ticket. Rather, it can just be a flight reservation to Estonia.
9. Proof of accommodation
Another important and compulsory Estonia Schengen visa requirement is proof of accommodation. This will show that you already have a place to stay in Estonia. However, this must not be a hotel reservation. So, it can be a letter from a friend or family member. It can still be a letter from a hospital you are visiting.
10. Civil status documents
Proof of civil status documents will show your marital status. This will show whether you are married, single, separated or divorced. Therefore, you can present any of the following documents as proof of status:
- marriage certificate
- birth certificate of children
- death certificate of spouse
- ration card
Specific requirements for Estonia Schengen visa
In addition to the general requirements, you may require other documents. However, these extra documents will depend on the purpose of your travel.
Estonia Schengen visa for visitors/tourists
You will need the following documents if you are applying for an Estonia Schengen visa as a tourist or a visitor. They include:
- Letter of invitation from your host
- Bank statement for the past 6 months
- Your host’s passport copies
Estonia Schengen visa for business purposes
For an Estonia business purpose, you will need the following documents. They include:
- A letter of invitation from an Estonian company
- A cover letter from your employer stating the purpose of your travel
- Bank statement of your business for the past 6 months
- Original copy of memorandum and article of association
- Document showing the coverage of the visitor
Estonia Schengen visa for medical purposes
If on the other hand, you are visiting Estonia for medical treatment. Then, the following Estonia Schengen documents will be needed. They include:
- Medical report from your local doctor
- A letter from the Estonian hospital confirming the appointment
- Proof of payment for medical treatment
Estonia Schengen visa for cultural, sports, film crew or religious purposes
If you are travelling for any of the purposes above, you will need the following documents:
- Letter of invitation
- Name of people going with you
- Duration of your stay in Estonia
- Purpose of your travel
- Travel plan
Estonia Schengen visa for members of official delegations
If you are travelling to Estonia as a member of a delegation. Then, you will need the following documents:
- A copy of the official invitation
- The applicant’s identity
- Purpose of journey
- Duration of stay
- Proof of accommodation
Estonia Schengen visa for the purpose of study, training, research, or internship
Of course, you visit Estonia for educational purposes. However, you can only stay for 3 months. Therefore, if you are travelling for these purposes, you will need the documents below. They include:
- Proof of enrollment for the course
- Certificate showing that you completed a course
- Proof of financial means
Estonia Schengen visa for the spouse of an Estonian citizen
You will need the following documents to visit an Estonian spouse:
- Estonian citizenship
- Marriage certificate
- Family record book
Estonia airport transit visa
Generally, before you can stop at an Estonian airport, you will need some documents. Therefore, you will need the following Estonia Schengen visa requirements. They include:
- Your visa
- Entry permit in the transit country
Estonia Schengen visa requirements for minors
If a minor is travelling to Estonia. There are extra documents needed. Therefore, it is necessary to know the required documents. Otherwise, you may be denied your visa. hence, you will need the following documents for minors. They include:
- Evidence of regular income from your parents
- Consent of parents in notarized form
Steps to apply for an Estonia Schengen visa
Though you have known all the documents you need. Still, it is necessary that you know the right steps to follow. therefore, with the steps below, you can get your Estonia Schengen visa easily.
Step 1: Find out if there is an Estonian embassy or consulate in your country
Of course, all your visa applications will be done through an embassy. Therefore, you find out if you have one in your country. Otherwise, you look for the country where you can use the Embassy there.
Step 2: Contact the embassy for an appointment
Secondly, you must contact the embassy and book an appointment. Normally, if you do not book an appointment, the embassy won’t attend to you. Therefore, before you visit the embassy, you must contact them.
Step 3: Fill out the application form
Usually, you must fill out an online allocation form. While filling out this form, you must provide correct information about yourself, the duration of your stay and the purpose of your stay.
Step 4: Gather your documents
Of course, your documents must be submitted for you to get an Estonian Schengen visa. therefore, before you attend the interview, you must gather all the documents. So, while going for your interview, you must go with them.
Sten 5: Attend the visa interview
Once you have finished filling out your application. then, prepare for your interview. You must be on time for the interview. However, make sure that all your documents are ready. This is because you will submit all your documents and application during this time.
Step 6: Your waiting period
So, once you have finished the other processes, y will have to wait for the embassy to process them. Of course, you must be ready to send extra information. Make sure that you make all the necessary payments before this time. It takes about 15 days to process your application if your documents are complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the Estonia Schengen visa fee?
The fee for Estonia Schengen fee depends on the type of visa and the person applying. However, the cost is as follows:
- €80 for adults
- €40 for minors
- €35 for citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Russia
How long can I stay in Estonia with a Schengen visa?
With a Schengen visa, you stay a maximum of 90ndays within 180 days in Estonia. However, depending on the type of visa, you can only enter Estonia once or twice within this period. For instance, a single-entry visa allows you to visit Estonia only once. However, with a multi-entry visa, you can enter Estonia any time you wish within this period.
Can I extend an Estonia Schengen visa?
Yes, you can extend your Estonia Schengen visa. However, the reason must be strong. So, you can extend your visa for the reasons listed below. They include:
- Personal reasons like a marriage ceremony, death of a loved one or the intention of helping a friend in need.
- If there is a natural disaster in your country.
- Then, for serious political issues.
Can I study in Estonia with a Schengen visa?
Yes, it is possible to study in Estonia with a Schengen visa. However, this is possible for a course lasting for less than 3 months. Thus, if you plan to study for a degree, you must apply for a study permit in Estonia.
In summary, it is never easy to get an Estonia Schengen visa. This is because there is a strict rule guiding this type of visa. However, with good guidance, you can obtain this visa in less than 15 days. Moreover, the requirements and steps above will be enough for you to get your visa without stress.