Express Entry – Solution to IRCC Website Login Errors
From time to time, potential immigrants and visa applicants experience express entry login errors when trying to access the IRCC website. The difficulties users encounter when accessing the CIC portal do not depend on which country the website is accessed from but mainly on the method (options include: GCKey, Sign-In Partner, and direct MyCIC log-in).
Despite repeated efforts by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to fix CIC sign-in issues permanently, they still do happen. In this post, we will discuss the Canada Express Entry login workaround, whether or not you’re applying for a visa or another government service that requires signing in with your GCKey user ID and password or third-party sign-in partners.
What is the Express Entry Program?
The Canadian government launched the Express Entry system, an online immigration application method, in 2015. The Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class are the three main economic immigration programs in Canada that are managed by the system.
It would help if you first built an online Express Entry profile to be evaluated for any of these programs. You will be asked to describe yourself, your skills, your professional background, and your language proficiency on your profile. Also, you will be asked if you want to relocate to a specific Canadian province or territory.
Express Entry Profile
First, if you want to enter Canada as a skilled worker, creating an express entry login profile would be best. Thus, this is your first step as an immigrant. In addition to that, it makes you eligible for the Express Entry pool.
However, you must be eligible to submit your profile. So, if you qualify, the IRCC will:
- Put you in an express entry pool.
- Rank and score you using certain factors.
- You will get an invitation to apply if you are among the highest scores.
- Once you get a reply from IRCC, you can apply online within 60 days.
Create your Express Entry Profile
Creating an express entry profile is your first step in seeking an invitation to apply for permanent residency in Canada. This profile sends invitations (ITAs) to qualifying candidates in a bi-weekly express entry draw. You can create an express entry profile once you think you are eligible. The video below will guide you to update or modify your IRCC profile.
If you don’t have one, follow the steps to open an account on the IRCC website or update an existing express entry account as needed.
IRCC login when checking your Visa Application Status
You need IRCC login details (usually a username and password at the minimum) for your express entry. The login credentials help you access your CIC account.
First, the IRCC login helps you start an application, and you can also use it to submit and pay for your application. Once created, your CIC account enables you to apply for immigration, check your status or submit documents to an existing application. As such, you can use it for the following:
- Get messages related to your application.
- Check the status of your application.
- Update your information.
To create or use a Canada Immigration account, you have to sign up on the CIC portal using personalized credentials via any of the following options:
- Sign in partner
Option 1: GCKey
To sign in with your GCKey, you will need your user ID and password.
When do you need to use GCKey?
You will need an express entry login profile whenever you apply for a service rendered by IRCC in Canada. Whether or not you intend to register through an express entry profile or you’re creating a temporary resident visa application.
Specifically, you can use the express entry login profile for the following:
- Check the status of your application.
- Find a form.
- Apply online.
- Pay your fees.
- Check your messages.
- Update your account or upload a document.
How to create a GCKey and CER account
You can create a CIC express entry account via GCKey using the following steps:
- The next step in creating your CER account is to type in a username. You can create a generic account if many people use your account.
- To be on the safe side, you must remember your username for future reference. Enter your username and password and supply security questions, answers, and hints to remind you if you forget your CIC account login details.
- Once the account security information is provided, proceed to complete your registration. In the process, you must confirm your language preferences (English or French).
- Finally, enter your contact information, and all areas with red asterisks are compulsory. You can decide to enter a new email for this.
- To finish up the process, press “Save.” Then, you will get a confirmation email that you now have a CER account. An email confirmation will be sent to confirm your sign-up process.
4 Quick Solutions to GCKey Login Problems
There are a few potential solutions to login errors when accessing Canadian government network websites through GCKey, Sign-In Partner, or a direct MyCIC login. Here are some possible causes and solutions for these types of errors:
- Incorrect login credentials: Use the correct username and password for your GCKey or Sign-In Partner account. If you have trouble remembering your login information or resetting your password, contact the GCKey support team for assistance.
- Browser issues: Use a compatible browser when accessing these websites. Some government websites may not work correctly on specific browsers, so it’s a good idea to try accessing the site with a different browser to see if that resolves the issue.
- Network issues: Accessing the website from a public Wi-Fi network or a location with a slow or unstable internet connection may cause login errors. Try accessing the website from a different location or a stable and secure network to see if this resolves the issue.
- Server issues: Sometimes, login errors may be caused by issues on the server side. If this is the case, there may not be much you can do except wait for the problem to be resolved. Keep an eye on the website or social media channels of the government department or agency you are trying to access to see if they have any updates on the issue.
Option 2: Sign-In Partner
The second option to create an IRCC login is to use a sign-in partner. Thus, you can sign in with your online Canadian banking information if you have an existing account with IRCC partners, and this entails the following:
- You will need the same sign-in information you use for other online services to do this.
- Also, none of your information will be shared with IRCC. Thus, your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you use.
- You will temporarily leave Canada.ca to use your Sign-In Partner.
I can’t sign in to my account. What should I do?
You can try any of these common fixes whenever you notice a login problem with your express entry login.
- Use the most recent version of a supported browser like Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
- change from your favorite link or bookmark
- Delete any saved favorite links or bookmarks
- Close your browser, and then
- Reopen the browser
- Clear your browser cache
- Close the browser again
- Reopen the browser and try to log in to your account
However, after trying these solutions and the problem continues, you can contact the IRCC by submitting a web form. Go to Enquiry and choose Technical difficulties in the drop-down menu and include the following information in the text box:
- whether you log out of your account after each session
- if you share an office/home with other account users
- your method of connecting to the network, whether through a broadband router, VPN, etc.
- upload screenshots from your account that show us
- the page(s) where you’re having problems
- the error message(s) you get
- if you need to upload many images, find out how to combine them into 1 document.
Finally, they’ll try to respond to you within 2 to 5 business days. Please don’t send your question repeatedly, as it could delay their response.
Accessing Canada’s permanent Residence Portal
- Sign in to your account.
- Username / Email.
- Forgot your password?
When you don’t have an existing account
However, if you don’t have an account, you can create a new one. As such, you will use the following:
- Click on ‘Sign in’
- Then select the ‘Don’t have an account yet?’ option
Other Alternative Methods to Sign-in
SINP Online Login
You can use your SINP login for any Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Programs. Thus, you will use your SINP online login instead of the express entry login.
When you visit the SINP website, you can fill in the blank spaces with the correct details.
- Login to SINP online
- User ID
- Forgot your User ID or Password?
PEI PNP Express Entry
The Prince Edward Island Express Entry Program, operates through an Expression of Interest (EOI) system. Thus, foreign nationals must express their interest in applying and be invited to apply for the PEI PNP. To do this, you must fill out an online application form.
PEI Express Entry Profile
You have to create a PEI PNP Expression of Interest profile. This profile does the work of express entry login. After that, you must log into the account whenever you want to use the PEI PNP program.
You can create an OINP login profile to apply to any Ontario PNP program. Just like other PNP profiles, it replaces the express entry login.
So, to create the OINP login profile, follow the steps below:
- Access the portal
- Sign up for ONe-key
- Register your expression of interest for an employer job offers and graduate student streams
- Fill out the application
- Pay the fee and submit your application.
How to Retrieve a Lost Password
There is no need for concern if you forget your password, and the steps below make it simple to reset:
- Visit the Express Entry login page.
- To reset your password, click the “Forgot Password?” link.
- Enter the email address that you used to set up your profile here.
- A notification from the Express Entry system with instructions on resetting your password should arrive in your email inbox.
- Reset your password using the guidance in the email.
- Use your new password to try logging in once more.
We know logging into the CIC portal can be a headache sometimes, and we want to help. To create an account on the Canada immigration website, you’ll need to:
- Create a GCKey account.
- Connect your existing Sign-in Partners (or set up new ones).
- Enter express entry login credentials.
I hope this information is helpful and provides guidance on troubleshooting and avoiding login errors when accessing Canadian government network websites through GCKey, Sign-In Partner, or a direct MyCIC login. If you still have trouble signing in after completing these steps or have any additional questions about using the GCKey portal, don’t hesitate to contact the Canada immigration office directly.