If you have talents that you would want to highlight in France, you may be eligible to apply for France Passport Talent Card. For some years now, immigration has become a sensitive subject. It mostly favors those with talents or needing to survive in a foreign country.
Today, France is one of the top destinations for immigrants. Those who will add to the booming economy of France are encouraged to apply for the France Passport Talent Card. Thus, the French Government created a specific residence permit known as the ‘passeport talent’ to make it easier for you.
This guide will take you through the requisites to obtain this visa, the steps to follow and the categories involved. So, if you plan to immigrate to France through the France Passport Talent Card, read on.
In this article
- What is a France Passport Talent Card?
- Who are eligible for a France Passport Talent Card?
- Who needs a France Passport Talent Card?
- How many France Passport Talent Categories exist?
- #1 Skilled recent graduates
- #2 Highly skilled workers – EU Blue Card (Carte Bleue européenne)
- #3 Employees on assignment with a work contract in France
- #4 Researcher
- #5 Business founder or entrepreneur
- #6 Innovative economic project
- #7 Economic investor
- #8 Legal company representative
- #9 Artists and Performers
- #10 An internationally or nationally famous person in their field
- What are the vital Documents to Apply for a France Passport Talent Card?
- France Passport Talent Card Legality
- How to Apply for the France Passport Talent Card
- Step 1: Gather your application file
- Step 2: ISSO checks your application file online
- Step 3: Upload your application online
- Step 4: Complete your application
- Step 5: The Prefecture processes your application
- Step 6: Pick up your residence permit
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a France Passport Talent Card?
If you plan to visit France on an extended stay, you will have several visas to choose from depending on the reason for your visit. However, one of such visas is the France Passport Talent Card. It is a long-stay visa that aims to help foreigners who want to enter France and stay for up to 12 months.
The person must be engaged in a paid activity, particularly in a viable environment where he functions as an international talent. This visa category has a variety of ten groups with an internationally accepted status.
Once you obtain the France passport talent card, you can apply for a card comparable to a residence permit, which will allow you to live in France for as long as four years. Moreover, you can only apply for it in France. The reason for granting you the passport is to use your skill to contribute considerably to the French economy, science, culture and sports.
Who are eligible for a France Passport Talent Card?
Although the passport is available for everyone, your nationality determines your eligibility. If your nationality is not on the list, there is nothing you can do about it, regardless of how talented you are. But first, meet up with the nationality criteria. You can apply for the France passport talent card so long as you fulfill the requirements.
Who needs a France Passport Talent Card?
Since this visa is a long-stay visa, you will be able to stay in France for more than three months. However, only nationals of the following do not require a visa to arrive and stay in France for up to 12 months. That means if you belong to any category, you are not eligible for the passport talent card. They include:
- EU nationals
- EEA nationals (Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)
- Third-country nationals that hold a short-stay visa – marked as Famille de Français (‘Family of a French national’)
- Nationals of the principalities of Monaco and Andorra
- Nationals of San Marino and the Holy See
- Students who have attended school in France without interruption from the age of 16 and are continuing their studies in the country
- Foreign nationals and their families who have acquired long-term resident status in another EU country.
How many France Passport Talent Categories exist?
Undoubtedly, your profession and the reason for going to France will determine the category under which you will fall in the Passport Talent Card. These categories include:
#1 Skilled recent graduates
There are two categories under the skilled recent graduate, and they are:
Employed as a qualified worker: You can only qualify here if you are a young graduate with a master’s degree or equivalent or advanced degrees (such as BTS or DUT). Additionally, you must have a professional license and at least one diploma comparable to a master’s degree to apply.
Employee of an innovative company. You must be a young graduate having a master’s degree or equivalent or advanced degrees (such as BTS or DUT). Aside from that, an innovative company must employ you and be willing to pay you above €35,526.40 each year.
#2 Highly skilled workers – EU Blue Card (Carte Bleue européenne)
You can only qualify for the category if you are a highly skilled worker with a diploma after three years of higher education or five years of equivalent proficient knowledge. By the time you are applying for the EU Blue Card, you must demonstrate your employment contract of at least one-year legality. You must also prove that you have received a gross yearly income of € 53,836.50.
#3 Employees on assignment with a work contract in France
You must be an employee on duty or carry out a paid activity. Besides, the company must be in a foreign land, and your visit is connected to their French branch. To fulfill this, you must have at least three months of seniority in the group, employed, and proof of work contract. Again, your gross yearly salary must be €31,973.76.
As a researcher, you must have a diploma comparable to a master’s degree. Your mission to France must also be to conduct research or lecture at a university. Whatever your mission is, you must show proof before visiting France using the France Passport Talent Card.
#5 Business founder or entrepreneur
Suppose you are a business creator and have the authorization to conduct commercial activity. In that case, you can present a project highlighting your involvement in establishing a commercial, industrial or artisanal company in France.
#6 Innovative economic project
If you have an innovative economic project, you must be able to prove it with a supporting document. Besides, a public body must recognize your project to make it authentic to qualify for a visa.
#7 Economic investor
You must be willing to invest in a firm where you will acquire at least 10% of the resources. Alternatively, you must be willing to invest in a firm you control or own at least 30% of its assets. Again, if you can prove that you can make at least €300,000 investment in France, you are eligible to apply for France Passport Talent Card.
#8 Legal company representative
It would help if you belonged to the category of people who must come to France to supervise the legal business of another. To this effect, you must submit supporting documents.
#9 Artists and Performers
If you wish to stay in France for over three months to involve in paid activity as an artist or performer, you can apply for a visa.
#10 An internationally or nationally famous person in their field
You are eligible if you are a prominent personality in your field. Your aim in visiting France must be to continue your activity there.
What are the vital Documents to Apply for a France Passport Talent Card?
By now, you know the group you belong to. Moreover, your aim in applying for a France Passport Talent Card is to work in that field. In this case, your first step is to gather your supporting documents. These documents include:
- Application Form for a French Long Stay Visa: Ensure to submit only valid information.
- Two Photos: You must tender two photos together with the supporting documents. Besides, they must not be older than three months.
- Valid passport: Your passport must contain at least two blank pages to enable you to put the visa sticker on it. You must have received the passport in the past ten years. It must also be valid for at least three months after the end of your intended stay in France.
- Copies of older visas: This is only applicable if you have received any visa to any country. You must tender copies of the visas.
- Travel Medical Insurance: You must provide proof of medical insurance to cover your health problems while in France. Since you may visit other Schengen territories, the medical insurance must cover them with at least €30,000.
- Complete Itinerary: This comprises a list of things you will do while in France. Inclusive are the details of your plans to arrive in France. Moreover, you are to attach supporting documents such as a Round Trip flight, a railroad booking or a document of a booked organized tour. Also, include the transportation cost.
- Proof of financial means: You must prove your plans to fund yourself in the country to the French authorities.
- Proof of accommodation: You must tender proof of your lodging in France. To that effect, you must submit any of the following:
- Hotel or hostel reservationsfor the places to visit
- Certificate of reception“Attestation d’accueil”, issued by your host and stamped by the city hall. (for private visits)
- Rental contract(“Bail de location” ): You must submit proof that you will be staying in a rented place.
- Certificate of title for a property in France: If you are the owner of the house/apartment in France.
- Certificate of a criminal record: The certificate must show that you have no criminal case involvement in your home country.
- Proof of paid visa fee
France Passport Talent Card Legality
The Passport talent does not exceed 12 months. Yet, you must validate it in the initial three months of your arrival in France at the French Office of Immigration and Integration. But if you plan to stay beyond one year, you must request a residence permit at the Prefecture. It will permit you to remain in France over one year for up to four years. Most importantly, with your visa, you can travel to other territories of Schengen.
How to Apply for the France Passport Talent Card
Here are the steps to enable you to apply for the passport talent:
Step 1: Gather your application file
Three months to the expiration of your current long-stay visa, you need to assemble your application file.
Step 2: ISSO checks your application file online
Once you have put your documents together, you are to upload their copies on the online checking platform. What’s more, creating an account to help you upload your documents is necessary. Ensure to upload everything accurately because you start afresh if you make a mistake. After submitting your documents online, ISSO will attest them for validity.
Step 3: Upload your application online
After passing the second hurdle, you can submit your documents on the national online platform. That is, on the platform of the Directorate-General for Foreign Nationals in France. If you fail to validate your visa online upon arrival, you will need to do so.
You would need to create an account on the website if you did not validate your long-stay visa online when you arrived.
Step 4: Complete your application
When you complete your document upload, you will receive an “attestation de dépôt” (submission certificate).
Step 5: The Prefecture processes your application
Now, you will have four possible outcomes:
- The Prefecture asks you to send an additional document through an email notification. You will have only 30 days to upload the other paper.
- The Prefecture requests more time to process your application. However, if your resident permit is about to expire, you will obtain a certificate “attestation de prolongation d’instruction”. It will extend the legality of your residence permit.
- The Prefecture approves your application. You can download your “attestation de décision favorable” from your account when it happens. Besides, it is in PDF format.
- The Prefecture declines your application or categorizes it as “sans suite”. This means there was a lack of action on your part.
Step 6: Pick up your residence permit
Here, you must visit the national online platform and track your card production process. Also, you will receive an email notification when your residence permit is ready. You will make an appointment to pick up the permit at the Isere Prefecture in the city center.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a French talent passport?
- Application Form for a French Long Stay Visa
- Two Photos
- Valid passport
- Copies of older visas
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Complete Itinerary
- Proof of financial means
- Proof of accommodation
- Criminal record proof
- Proof of paid visa fee
How do I get a France talent passport card?
To apply for the passeport talent, you must be a foreigner. Nevertheless, you do not have to apply if you are from EU countries.
How powerful is a French passport?
According to the Global Passport Power Rank 2020, the french passport ranks #4 as the most beneficial globally. It had a mobility score of 170 for visa-free countries. With a passport, you can visit 151 countries visa-free.
Why is France Citizenship best?
If you become a French citizen, you are eligible to live, work and vote in France. You will also have access to all public benefits. In addition, you can live and work in any EU country.
How do I get a French ID card?
To acquire a National Identity Card (NIC), you must make an appointment with the French Consulate-General through their online booking system. Ensure to come along with the relevant documents.
Can I live in France permanently?
Suppose you are the spouse of a French national or foreign national with a carte de resident, or are the parent of a French child living in France. In that case, you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in France after three years.
We have taken you through getting your France Passport Talent Card and the requirements. Hopefully, you will start the process. To find out more about France Passport Talent visit here.